Grow Yer Own Stone with Old Stoner

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Everybody sees it/does it differently. The guys back East are growing in far more humid conditions than we are out here in the Wild West without doing anything. And it is a pain in the ass...especially when you are starting at less than 30% at the get go.

But I'll still take that over the humid conditions some of you see...both indoors and out. Broke my heart to see so many of ya bangin' away out there all summer...only to get whapped at the end by boytris and PM. Crazy shit I couldn't deal with. My hat is off to those of ya takin the stab.
Yeah, I’d prefer dry over humid for growing for sure! Humidity is why growing outdoors here is stressful for me. I just stopped doing it because there’s really nothing you can do when there are long periods of rain and/or high humidity.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I follow the VPD chart during seedling and veg some strains really respond positively but once flowering starts I kill the vaporizer/humidity I keep the girls swinging in the breeze more than most knock on wood I have never had a mold issue indoor anyway
I think knowing the basics about how/why the VPD works is fine, but my humidity is right around 50-60% constantly. It's a little low for veg and a little high for flower, but it's close enough and I'm not changing it so why worry? If the plants seem to like it let it ride.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm sure there are other things not factored into the VPD charts that effect your grow anyway. Barometric pressure from changing weather regardless of your climate is one. Elevation is another. Probably plenty more factors so the key IMHO is to watch the plants. If they suck the chart can help you figure out if the temp or humidity is a contributing factor, then move on to the next possible issue if that ain't it.

Haven't dug too deep into it but the VPD formula seems very similar to calculating dewpoint.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Everybody sees it/does it differently. The guys back East are growing in far more humid conditions than we are out here in the Wild West without doing anything. And it is a pain in the ass...especially when you are starting at less than 30% at the get go.

But I'll still take that over the humid conditions some of you see...both indoors and out. Broke my heart to see so many of ya bangin' away out there all summer...only to get whapped at the end by boytris and PM. Crazy shit I couldn't deal with. My hat is off to those of ya takin the stab.
I’m pretty new to growing and started my first grow at the beginning of winter. Everything went OK, not perfect but OK.

The first time I tried to grow indoors during the summer, I ended up with a tent full of PM. I like growing as a hobby, but I’m not going to bust my ass fighting Mother Nature to try and save a few plants. I only grow during the winter now when it’s dry and cold.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I’m pretty new to growing and started my first grow at the beginning of winter. Everything went OK, not perfect but OK.

The first time I tried to grow indoors during the summer, I ended up with a tent full of PM. I like growing as a hobby, but I’m not going to bust my ass fighting Mother Nature to try and save a few plants. I only grow during the winter now when it’s dry and cold.
You probably just need more circulation fans and possibly a more powerful extraction fan. I only started using a dehumidifier this. I dealt with really high heat/humidity in the summer for years in my tents and never had any PM grow in there. I find I'm doing something to lower humidity in the summer and to raise the temp in the winter.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
You probably just need more circulation fans and possibly a more powerful extraction fan. I only started using a dehumidifier this. I dealt with really high heat/humidity in the summer for years in my tents and never had any PM grow in there. I find I'm doing something to lower humidity in the summer and to raise the temp in the winter.
I actually like taking the summer off from growing. There’s so much more to do and I spend a lot of time outdoors. Plus I like that I don’t burn out on the growing.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I actually like taking the summer off from growing. There’s so much more to do and I spend a lot of time outdoors. Plus I like that I don’t burn out on the growing.
There's definitely nothing wrong with taking a break from it. I'm the opposite. If I take too long of a break, I find it harder to remember everything I do for each grow, and I struggle a little when I go back to it.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Day Eight of flower. It’s starting to smell quite strong when I open the tent now. They’re stretching pretty good too.

I’m not too sure about the Lemon Tree. I think it has some intersex issues. There’s mostly hairs showing on calyxes, but there are one or two that should have hairs that don’t. Those are the ones I’m worried about and will be keeping a close eye on them for the next four of five weeks.

EF541779-0555-4BA5-892D-944124B09E07.jpeg

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Day Eight of flower. It’s starting to smell quite strong when I open the tent now. They’re stretching pretty good too.

I’m not too sure about the Lemon Tree. I think it has some intersex issues. There’s mostly hairs showing on calyxes, but there are one or two that should have hairs that don’t. Those are the ones I’m worried about and will be keeping a close eye on them for the next four of five weeks.

View attachment 100798
Lookn good so far...
Are these plants being grown under your new strip light u got?
👍✌

D

Deleted member 60

I'm on the flip side of your view. Took the tent down. Have far more weed/hash than I can use from the Summer grow. Indoor in my "new" (not historic where I grew for over 25 years in the same space) locale has never shined for me....have to haul water...have to deal with heating the space....just a pain in the ass overall. IF I do fire back up....I will go back to HPS for the heat ...but in the end....there's no market/return for the effort for weed I don't need so I may ust pass until I need more plants for next year's outdoor. Thinking about re-upping on the MMJ registry so I can play a bit harder out there...but again...it just means more work for more weed I don' need. Fuckin' legality....LOL. They ain't coming....but nobody is profiting for goin big....so WTF? I do it for the dope...and for the love of the grow...but damn...there's a spot there where it all becomes severely moot.

My gardens keep me outdoors ALL DAY...ALL SUMMER...so ..two birds..one stone(r). I'd have a bevy of tents goin in my garage if there was a reason. There isn't. It's exactly why I stopped making pottery. What-the-fuck-do-you-do-with-it once it's done?

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
I'm on the flip side of your view. Took the tent down. Have far more weed/hash than I can use from the Summer grow. Indoor in my "new" (not historic where I grew for over 25 years in the same space) locale has never shined for me....have to haul water...have to deal with heating the space....just a pain in the ass overall. IF I do fire back up....I will go back to HPS for the heat ...but in the end....there's no market/return for the effort for weed I don't need so I may ust pass until I need more plants for next year's outdoor. Thinking about re-upping on the MMJ registry so I can play a bit harder out there...but again...it just means more work for more weed I don' need. Fuckin' legality....LOL. They ain't coming....but nobody is profiting for goin big....so WTF? I do it for the dope...and for the love of the grow...but damn...there's a spot there where it all becomes severely moot.

My gardens keep me outdoors ALL DAY...ALL SUMMER...so ..two birds..one stone(r). I'd have a bevy of tents goin in my garage if there was a reason. There isn't. It's exactly why I stopped making pottery. What-the-fuck-do-you-do-with-it once it's done?
my thinking also, just don't want too many alive at one time, makes for a shortage before the next round is ready.just the flip side of coin!

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I gave the plants a good feeding last night and they look much happier today. Still stretching pretty good. We’re at day ten of flower. I think I’ll thin out some fans and lowers tomorrow morning.

In the tent we have Cherry Wine, Sangria Cookies, Orange Blossom Special, Vietnamese Silver Leaf, Twinkle Tarts, and Lemon tree.

64C536A1-1969-4A21-8870-71D3B7BF5E59.jpegE279631E-B91E-480C-8B27-12DAAE2B1AC1.jpeg

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
Got the new LED light installed.

I’ve got it raised way up to try and let the plants adjust a bit.

I need to do some reading on light values, but my initial impression is that it’s not that bright.

View attachment 100942
Not that bright..... don’t ya hate that feeling? And in the back of your mind your hoping for a magical spectrum to push yields forward 😂😂😂. Good luck man