Grow Yer Own Stone with Old Stoner

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Stay vigilant my friend in my recent experience there was always some eggs that didn't hatch until I started to breathe again and wasn't checking daily but the very first time I got two dot mites I only found a few on a branch I removed the whole branch tossed some diatomatious earth and never seen another one for years I said self those mites ain't so tough but ate those words with my recent freebie of russet mites lol...

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
When I checked the plants yesterday, I thought I saw a little “lice like” bug on the lemon tree. I thought I saw it scurry under a leaf, but was unable to find it again. I might have been seeing things, but I hit it with DE again just to be sure. No signs of any bugs on any of the plants this morning.

One of the Orange Blossom Specials has a weird mutation. It’s like the first set of three finger leaves are sharing a finger, and I cannot see a top i.e. there doesn’t seem to be any new growth coming beyond the mutant leaves.

70B22B91-0BB5-4D4C-90CE-88D234751544.jpegDFF2BA22-0623-4BC0-B233-C27EDA074B41.jpegCC46D045-F22E-459B-BF03-C1B7170F5542.jpeg

I’ll let it go another week or so and hopefully it turns around. Otherwise, I may have to top it to let the side branches from the first node to develop.

One of the Vietnamese Silver Leafs has some kind of issue. The tips of the one finger leaves are drying, curling up and are brittle. I’m not sure what’s up with it since it’s getting exactly the same stuff as all the other plants and it’s the only one with the problem.

2124AAD3-2D24-4358-A23C-DE0A4B7D9376.jpeg0E523F2F-C68C-487B-8A22-C42F42FC1141.jpeg

It’s amazing how much they’ve grown in Five days!

2048B04E-3FCD-465A-92BC-23402BE1A9E7.jpeg

I’ve got the one gallon pots all prepped for up-potting and that’ll happen either today or tomorrow, I just need to get some Myke first.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I took a departure and up-potted to one gallons earlier than usual. I think this is about a week earlier than what I had been doing. I was suprised by the root development, even on the smallest plants, they had hit bottom and we’re starting to wrap.

I used some Myke’s in the new holes and they’re pretty dry. Lights go off at 9 and I’ll give ‘em a drink at 3 when lights on.

This is day sixteen from dry seed.

07845F9F-9CEF-48E3-8218-0C99283142DC.jpeg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
The Orange Blossom Special seems to be growing out of its mutancy. What should have been the main stalk was actually a leaf petiole, and the main stalk was surrounded by that petiole. There is now an actual, regular top growing, although the leaves are a little fucked up. I’m sure it’ll grow out of it. That’s the top going of to the left in the circle.

94C57CD0-EA91-406D-BBF3-1DE80830B1A5.jpeg

@J.James Both of the Vietnamese Silver Leafs went from three finger leaves to seven finger leaves. I don’t recall ever seeing a plant do that before.

01B8AF1D-6480-473D-9EDE-30B92EE61FD5.jpeg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Day 26 and these things are growing like crazy!

I think for this round, I’m going to top them once at the third node, leaving the side shoots from the second node and amputating the first node side shoots, for four top plants. That’s a departure from what I normally do.

A9406590-3438-4CD6-9197-4E76258359EA.jpeg5BCEBF69-8C82-4270-B264-D0EF6ED1957D.jpeg

Also, so fucking exciting! My new light from Growdaddy LED’s is on its way!

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Does anyone have any knowledge or even a guess as to what is causing this leaf issue in one of the Vietnamese Silver Leafs?

C3B979A5-F4F2-42A6-AF41-2E1FA7D103B8.jpegDFBBAE98-B904-4C61-B273-28ED15D9688C.jpegACBBCD2D-19AD-4D70-BD6D-7CDC7304215C.jpeg

It’s only happening on the older leaves. I may have to try flushing if no one has any other suggestions.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Topped all but one of the plants today at day 31 from dry seed.

I didn’t top the shortest Cherry Wine, which is about the same height now as all the other topped plants.

I’m going for a four top manifold this time. I usually do an eight top main line. 7 of the ten were topped leaving the third node, removing the secondary branches from the first node.

One would have been way shorter than all the others, so it had its fourth node left, with the secondary branches of the first and second node removed.

The mutant Orange Blossom Special that topped itself was left with three tops,’cause that’s just what seemed right for it. I noticed today that it has an odd leaf pattern - the center finger of each leaf is growing below the other leaflets.

Here’s a before and after:

C2CB9A7E-00E1-47AB-947A-C2F49D5B21C2.jpeg848E874A-C25E-47C2-98F9-5158EFE23DE5.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Topped all but one of the plants today at day 31 from dry seed.

I didn’t top the shortest Cherry Wine, which is about the same height now as all the other topped plants.

I’m going for a four top manifold this time. I usually do an eight top main line. 7 of the ten were topped leaving the third node, removing the secondary branches from the first node.

One would have been way shorter than all the others, so it had its fourth node left, with the secondary branches of the first and second node removed.

The mutant Orange Blossom Special that topped itself was left with three tops,’cause that’s just what seemed right for it. I noticed today that it has an odd leaf pattern - the center finger of each leaf is growing below the other leaflets.

Here’s a before and after:

View attachment 100142View attachment 100143
Topping and leaving four vs mainlining for 4 will get you to flip about a week earlier.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Does anyone have any knowledge or even a guess as to what is causing this leaf issue in one of the Vietnamese Silver Leafs?

View attachment 99969View attachment 99970View attachment 99971

It’s only happening on the older leaves. I may have to try flushing if no one has any other suggestions.
Light burn, did you change lights a week earlier or lower the lights? The newer growth is adjusted to your current setup, but the lower leaves reacted to the change. These guys like higher humidity (50%+) and can also react adversely to changes in humidity as a warning.