Grow Yer Own Stone with Old Stoner

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Got the new LED light installed.

I’ve got it raised way up to try and let the plants adjust a bit.

I need to do some reading on light values, but my initial impression is that it’s not that bright.

View attachment 100942
I hear you being a HPS lifer the First time I used a real led I thought self that's not even as intense as my CMH so I moved it down to 2ft next morning the tallest were cooked lol

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Hmmmm, I don’t know about the Lemon Tree. Seems sketchy as fuck as far as sex goes. I’ll give it about another week and if I’m still not happy with it, I’m the green bin it goes!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Years ago I bought a lux meter, kinda useless IMO. Light spectrum plays a huge roll in how a plant grows ya know.
But for the hobby grower where all you need is a data-point to start with, a lux meter will give you most of the info you need to be consistent with the lights so that it's about the plants. The plants should tell you the rest.

The main thing the lux does is help you sort out dimmers.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
IMO, buying a meter is a little expensive for what we do. If you have the money to blow then they are great but, if you are trying to grow on a budget then it's a fair amount of cash to drop on something that will get used only when you get a new light. I could understand it if you had a larger grow operation, with multiple rooms, but there is enough data out there where we can pretty much go off the wattage when we are using these strips and quantum boards with Samsung diodes.

printer

Super Active Member
I used a stupid meter like this.

1635792786038.jpeg

I 'calibrated' it by putting it out in the sunlight and then compared my readings and height indoors. Compared across the area to find hot spots and low ones. After that I just watched what the plants accepted. Mind you, I am not trying to maximize my growing to the extent that others do..

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I used a stupid meter like this.

View attachment 101005

I 'calibrated' it by putting it out in the sunlight and then compared my readings and height indoors. Compared across the area to find hot spots and low ones. After that I just watched what the plants accepted. Mind you, I am not trying to maximize my growing to the extent that others do..
The only thing those are good for is checking the moisture level of soil, and they aren't really accurate at that, either. The pH and light meters on those are basically useless.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The only thing those are good for is checking the moisture level of soil, and they aren't really accurate at that, either. The pH and light meters on those are basically useless.
I think it would be funny to get a box full of those and next time you're showing off your grow stick one in every pot and praise them like the next Jesus :ROFLMAO: "wanna argue? look at the plants!"