Grow Yer Own Stone with Old Stoner

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You are supposed to be able to get about 50w per strip right? That would be ~400w so your lights should last quite a while even at full power on the driver unless I'm missing something.

And if you went with a bigger driver the possibility of shooting more juice to them than they can take is possible right?

Regardless I think you have plenty of light for a 2x4 :)

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
You are supposed to be able to get about 50w per strip right? That would be ~400w so your lights should last quite a while even at full power on the driver unless I'm missing something.

And if you went with a bigger driver the possibility of shooting more juice to them than they can take is possible right?

Regardless I think you have plenty of light for a 2x4 :)
LED temp is the limmiting factor. The hotter you run them the less efficient they are and it also shortens there life span. 55c or 130f is around max. I think my bridgelux strips run around 109.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Day 19 of 12:12.

Three across the back, left to right; Sangria Cookies, Twinkle Tarts & Vietnamese Silver Leaf.

Two in front, left to right; Cherry Wine & Orange Blossom Special

EDBE314D-1404-4C49-ADB0-E8621817924F.jpegB22F457B-D775-4200-9EDF-DC3246CE571E.jpeg

Iā€™ve got the new light up to 270 watts out of 290. Thursday morning itā€™ll get cranked up to 100% if there are no Iā€™ll effects from the 270 setting.

treefarmercharlie

šŸ†
Admin
Day 19 of 12:12.

Three across the back, left to right; Sangria Cookies, Twinkle Tarts & Vietnamese Silver Leaf.

Two in front, left to right; Cherry Wine & Orange Blossom Special

View attachment 101279View attachment 101280

Iā€™ve got the new light up to 270 watts out of 290. Thursday morning itā€™ll get cranked up to 100% if there are no Iā€™ll effects from the 270 setting.
That canopy looks nice and level even with no training.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Today after work I collected some pollen off the male Cherry Wine and hit nine or ten lower ā€œlarfyā€ branches on the Female Cherry Wine.

Before pollinating, I removed the female from the tent, and moved it to another floor under itā€™s own light. In fact, it took the place of the male that I collected pollen off of, and heā€™s now in the green bin.

My plan is to leave the pollinated female out of the tent for two days, then Iā€™ll mist it with some water and put it back into the tent. Hopefully thatā€™s enough to prevent any of the other plants from getting pollinated by stray pollen.

Did it work? Stay tuned for six weeks to find out.

84768101-2F92-4FA3-9DA5-EF9640EDF91D.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Today after work I collected some pollen off the male Cherry Wine and hit nine or ten lower ā€œlarfyā€ branches on the Female Cherry Wine.

Before pollinating, I removed the female from the tent, and moved it to another floor under itā€™s own light. In fact, it took the place of the male that I collected pollen off of, and heā€™s now in the green bin.

My plan is to leave the pollinated female out of the tent for two days, then Iā€™ll mist it with some water and put it back into the tent. Hopefully thatā€™s enough to prevent any of the other plants from getting pollinated by stray pollen.

Did it work? Stay tuned for six weeks to find out.

View attachment 101304
If you lack space, I have heard that after pollenation thay can go back in veg and the light cycle won't matter. Their job changed and is no longer 12/12 dependent.