Grow Journal (novice) first grow

curious2garden

Really Active Member
Wife got in her purse at work the day after we harvested trimmed plants. Smelled like there was a doob rolled up laying in her purse. Another reason why we’re getting it out of the house.
I was trimming and smoking and I couldn't figure out where the last branch I had to finish had gotten to. I shrugged and just went out to the store. Got home and hub asked about the branch of marijuana attached to my ass.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I was trimming and smoking and I couldn't figure out where the last branch I had to finish had gotten to. I shrugged and just went out to the store. Got home and hub asked about the branch of marijuana attached to my ass.
Hilarious! We still have a blunt missing that went awol one evening. I have no idea where it went. Was on the end table and then gone. Best guess is one of the dogs ate it but they have never showed interest in and smoke products. Took apart the chairs and couch, moved everything hell if I know where it went.

D

Deleted member 60

Second that pool rec.......they work well. Ummm.....at least it isn't a beautiful, old, oak hardwood floor. That shit >floors< me everytime I see it. Some 20-something growing weed on a floor 3X their age with no respect for the floor...or the landlord who is renting them "grow space" who likely has no idea they are ruining his floor in the process.

It'd be "Click. Boom" of you were renting my house and did that shit.... (that's why I never rented any of my properties...) Kept me out of prison.

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
@PokerJay1983 your looking good in there.
Good job mang. Your Rollin now. 👍👍👍👊👊👊
Just gonna add a few cents worth here for ya mang.
100% agree with the other folks, do not vent strait into the attic. It will cause issues. Get it to the outside, that humidity will fuck shit up.
Running it out one of the end walls in your attic spot would save a roof penetration.
Another item I'd add would be a pond liner or some such or that carpet is gonna get ruined pretty quick. For the few going now a kids play pool is dirt cheap and works really well for containment.

That's my two cents for the day. Lol.
Keep growin the good stuff mang. 😁😁😁 love seeing it.
looking at these dishes that cover bottom of washing machine. Also, going to devise some way of using Myler or something to reflect light on the bottom nodes.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
looking at these dishes that cover bottom of washing machine. Also, going to devise some way of using Myler or something to reflect light on the bottom nodes.
I have a couple of those and I like them. Using one in a 3x3. I know it holds nine, 3 gallon fabric pots perfect or four 5 gal plus one 3 gallon. You might need more than one with your pots. They are like $30 at Home Dopey.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Just curious i am using the 3x3 trays now but i had to cut the lip off of each side to get it to work in my space.
2nd light is good to go. Got a drip pan for the single (raspberry hash-plant) which is 20“ tall + with 600w (298W) light 22” above top.

Main light is 26” above canopy of 4x Snow Lotus (2 plants). Those plants are about 28-29” Tall.

Humidity is reading 41-44% and temp at 73.

F9A27138-0FAD-4246-B081-B434888472A1.jpeg13736470-B639-4C23-808D-75CD4143C818.jpeg576E0388-D162-40E2-8EFD-1FE97F36B1E6.jpeg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
ty I couldn’t understand why some of the leafs are slightly wilting on the single plant as moisture Gauge was reading green except in a few spots where it was dry. Was careful to only water dry spots. What do you think of the height on lights 5 days into flip??
The height looks okay to me. Put the back of your hand right on top of the canopy and leave their for a few seconds. If it is to warm for your hand it is to warm for the plants.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
A droopy leaf is feeling 'heavy' . Like the drunk who ate too much steak to leave the table.
A wilted leaf is lightheaded. Like a diabetic who needs a glass of OJ.

The light fixtures, when placed in tandem, will compliment each other.

th.jpg
They look lonely.
Friendship allows individuals to become more than the sum of their parts.

How fast does water run out the bottom of your pots?
20191026_142013.jpg
Those those roots have completely infiltrated your containers by now. ( slide one plant out of the pot , and take a peek, if you're curious- it won't do any harm)
I wait until I see a bottom leaf droop, and then I completely saturate the pot until it runs out the bottom. With your humidity, those suckers are going to be perpetually soif, soon.

Don't try to get everything nailed down to a decimal place. This can actually be counterproductive.
There are benefits to roaming around a temperature range. Different elements are up taken readily at different pH's. There are benefits to wandering around a humidity range. There are benefits in saturating, and then drying the media.

Cycles, ebbs and flow, highs and lows.
That is life man.

Have you changed up the feed for flower ?

You have two very similar plants growing there. Take the opportunity to make observations.
Mash it up a bit. Make notes!
For example - give one X ounces of water everyday.
Give the other one 2X ounces water every-other-day.
Who becomes happier ?

Jewels

Bon~Fire
That was an awesome first week of flowering ! They obviously were raring to go.
The bud sites are all set in solid , and the structure is not getting all stretched out and screwy. All those buds set close together like that -top notch! Be proud of that. That is difficult to do. She is hitting hard bro!
,,,that is where dongs come from.
The foliage is rapt at attention, I don't think they could be happier.

Now may be the time to trim up lower nodes , and stuff (branches) that didn't stretch up to the canopy.
Insert some sciencey stuff about 'auxins' here. The leading tip has the ability to keep the downstream buds progressively smaller. I leave the lead and two below it, everything else gets nicked off.
That is how you grow those bud-bust'n , umbrella looking canopies, that you see all the time in photos.
Capture+_2019-11-23-16-11-05(1).png
All the buds in that circle will not weigh as much as the top bud in that photo AND the top buds are now smaller, having shared precious resources with those "larfy' insignificunt buds.

I should have nicked them off before they suck-holed my h.p. .

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
👆
How I apply that technique: Since I know I am going to be doing the aforementioned pruning anyway, as my plants grow I continuously remove lower sprouts (leaving the fan leaves though, not lolli-popped). I will keep doing that until I see pistils after flip, then let it go.

When deciding to prune or not I look for any lower sprouts that have started a second node. Once a sprout has a set of leaves open and node 1 producing it's own sprouts it is going to draw significantly more plant energy than one with a small flower-site like in your pics.

Since you have already topped them to have only 4 main cola, they will support more undergrowth than a regular "Christmas Tree" plant. so with those things considered I would consider snipping the ones that have a decent stem like this one. By the time stretching is done this will have that node 1 set of sprouts, and will then also have a smaller main flower because of that - hence three larfy-nugs instead of a plump little golf-ball.
1574609898152.png