Grow Journal (novice) first grow

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
was gifted a 25 foot roll of myler this morning. Got a 4-5 foot strip up 2 feet behind the Snow lotus. Not sure how I should use the rest. Maybe buy a few cardboard backings from Walmart or swing by dollar general and see if they have any leftover.

the 3 girls took about 2 gallons of water this morning.

0ABA3AD0-7D27-47EE-87AB-43B4FBEAD2F4.jpeg5DFB0B75-80C5-4EBC-BD45-7D81AA00FB73.jpegCF8AB861-68AD-4858-A4E0-CCF96BBC82BC.jpeg42D4C8EF-9B4C-4DC1-A82B-3705D0D07EDC.jpeg995B1492-FD4A-476E-9668-52CB327A3EEC.jpeg

Last edited:

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Weekly update:

Day 8 of flower. It is becoming apparent that I have no clue what I’m doing and need to continually do more research. I have made some serious mistakes on my first grow. Too much water, light burn, possible hot soil, not hooking timer up correctly so one light stayed on after flip.... anyway here they are.

the first cluster of pics is the 2- 4x snow lotus and the other smaller light houses the raspberry hash plant.

Made some upgrades like more yoyo’s/dowels, drip pans + myler. I’m sitting here smoking in between the two plants and w lights on I feel like I’m getting beamed up into a UFO.

7C0FC904-3C1F-48C6-9B88-D7D89DFAC199.jpeg8C16C462-A984-4273-866C-09C6B4CDDC28.jpeg8A75AA56-10A7-47CD-9B72-BC7BE7895879.jpegB0DCFF3D-1962-41C3-B58E-A37A689263B8.jpeg0C37C855-159A-463E-B703-6E6EDD3EBFC5.jpegBFD7C718-0FE4-49EE-B1EC-E8699C4CC3CE.jpegA22F1D41-C8D6-42C9-915E-B4A27D852A9F.jpeg

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Maybe get the water to room temp but other than that i have no idea about soil. I love coco because i just keep feeding it until something looks stupid...flush it and then just keep feeding it.

:)
Almost went cocoa. Might try it next grow. I store the water in empty gallon distilled jugs and usually wait till room temp. This morning was slightly cool to the touch. Will research cocoa.

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Imho I'd start giving them some bloom feed as well. Whether it's out of a bottle, a tea you've made, or a top dressing of something for them.
There's only so much in that soil for the plant to make it full cycle on that alone.
And I agree with @gwheels about getting the water to room temps prior to giving to the plants.
I’d like to do a top soil spray. Any ideas?

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Imho I'd start giving them some bloom feed as well. Whether it's out of a bottle, a tea you've made, or a top dressing of something for them.
There's only so much in that soil for the plant to make it full cycle on that alone.
And I agree with @gwheels about getting the water to room temps prior to giving to the plants.
they are finally praying

EF8A33F5-BBB2-46B9-A8E8-CCF603A07773.jpeg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Hell yah !
dial in lights
Good times!

There will be a lot of new information, and measurements flying around. It is too much information to absorb - real time.
Prepare by mapping out a few pages inscribed with a 5x5 grid.

Start in situ and record, at every top bud site, the measured ppfd ( your 'par reading')

Then, drop the fixture to 50 % original height, re-take all measurements.
You are looking for the closest distance possible, where only 1 bud will see an excess of 1000ppfd. Albiet, the roasted bud will suffer, yet the benefit will be manifest by increased weight, in all of the lower buds.

Did I see your gauge reading 79 F and 35 rh?

That is some serious VPD. Be cautious, if you plan on opening up the throttle. A good feed and more light could form a perfect storm.
Because growth is governed and limited by the least of the inputs, those poor bastards could fizzle up fast.

That is to say if all conditions are perfect but light is lacking, no other improvements could provide the benefit of more light.

If all conditions are perfect but there is a lack of oxygen at the root Zone, only an increase of oxygen at the root Zone will improve growth.

Took me longer to complicate the explanation than it did to find this.
Old school book learn'n
20191129_203258.jpg
The brick wall that the average grower will see (when all conditions are perfect) is a lack of CO2. No matter what you do, if all other conditions are ideal, only more CO2 could possibly enhance photosynthesis.

In your case: with a good feed and more intense light, the only thing limiting growth would be low humidity ,,,which can be disastrous.

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Hell yah !

Good times!

There will be a lot of new information, and measurements flying around. It is too much information to absorb - real time.
Prepare by mapping out a few pages inscribed with a 5x5 grid.

Start in situ and record, at every top bud site, the measured ppfd ( your 'par reading')

Then, drop the fixture to 50 % original height, re-take all measurements.
You are looking for the closest distance possible, where only 1 bud will see an excess of 1000ppfd. Albiet, the roasted bud will suffer, yet the benefit will be manifest by increased weight, in all of the lower buds.

Did I see your gauge reading 79 F and 35 rh?

That is some serious VPD. Be cautious, if you plan on opening up the throttle. A good feed and more light could form a perfect storm.
Because growth is governed and limited by the least of the inputs, those poor bastards could fizzle up fast.

That is to say if all conditions are perfect but light is lacking, no other improvements could provide the benefit of more light.

If all conditions are perfect but there is a lack of oxygen at the root Zone, only an increase of oxygen at the root Zone will improve growth.

Took me longer to complicate the explanation than it did to find this.
Old school book learn'n
View attachment 32944
The brick wall that the average grower will see (when all conditions are perfect) is a lack of CO2. No matter what you do, if all other conditions are ideal, only more CO2 could possibly enhance photosynthesis.

In your case: with a good feed and more intense light, the only thing limiting growth would be low humidity ,,,which can be disastrous.
Tyvm. I’ve run across a humidity chart (VBD??). What should my humidity be at during this stage?