Grow Journal (novice) first grow

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
So now that the beans have cracked, spill the beans. What are ya running for lights? Whats your nute regimen? What's your expectation?
this light was gifted by a grow buddy of mine. I’ve been a long time disc golfer and many grow for personal use. (details in pic). I guess he made upgrades to the very flat led lights/non burple. I have high hopes but low expectations at this point. I’ve never grown anything in my life so I’m just doing whatever the man tells me to do and here are the nutrients.

Together we mixed the FFOF + perlite, and plan on adding the worm castings before final transplant. Right now I have two 5 gallons and 1 (25 gallon) pot.

I don’t expect this first grow to turn out great, but if it gets me high I’ll be happy. Have way too much time on my hands (100% disabled vet/don’t work). Also sick of taking the meds. I’d like to grow so I have enough year round with various strains for ailments. I am a heavy smoker up to 2 oz a month and I do not do vapes. I’d like to keep it as organic and natural as possible. Very much appreciative of the site.

78BFEBDB-9DBA-403B-90B6-BB98AC757C1C.jpeg0790A1D5-319C-47A8-92A3-D570B0567B1F.png1C2C971C-7E2F-4F0E-A09A-B8E4988E14A4.jpegD427F28C-40EF-4782-9F46-924F09ADE1E0.jpeg

GeneralSmokeUppington

Go Fuck Yourself Loser!
,,, it may in fact be better, knowing that it has never left your sight.

You got this.
That's a biggie to me. There's a lot of people running around with really cheap prices. But they can't tell me how it was grown, or even when that dried out crap was grown.

But most importantly, they can't tell me what if anything was sprayed on it :cautious:
And the only acceptable answer there is "nothing".

Folks in Kali found out, after they passed mandatory pesticide testing, just how healthy their cannabis was NOT :rolleyes:

Bottom line is, YOUR health is YOUR responsibility. If I didn't grow it, my friend didn't grow it, or neither one of knows who grew it, I'll pass. No puff puff, just pass 🙃

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Thinking about toping the other two. At least want to do one more. Maybe the one in black pot? I toped the one in purple pot, and I guess I need to start LST as some of the bottom leaves are turning a lighter green from lack of light exposure. From soil to top of plant is about 15 inches and I’m right at the 1 month mark. Any advice please?

32960A98-AA66-4D8E-8307-8A445C537C10.jpeg94E20ED0-289D-48C5-AEDA-56898E083D05.jpeg0C30538F-6CC3-4D31-9F4A-CE23A6484FFC.jpegC50FBB10-9120-4AA9-8A18-355EB483BD69.jpeg

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Thinking about toping the other two. At least want to do one more. Maybe the one in black pot? I toped the one in purple pot, and I guess I need to start LST as some of the bottom leaves are turning a lighter green from lack of light exposure. From soil to top of plant is about 15 inches and I’m right at the 1 month mark. Any advice please?

View attachment 27054View attachment 27055View attachment 27056View attachment 27057
Less is more. You want them fuckers to grow.
Shit I'd swear I saw em grow in between smoke sesh's in the room.
And that why I dont have the room at the house anymore. Among other factors. The wife would always complain about the time spent exfoliating, topping, fimming, lst'ing, watering, making water, taking cuts, moving lights.
Less is more.
When put into flower the plants will stretch. They may seem a bit close but they will grow out of it usually. I wish I had someone give me this advice. So when shit starts to go wrong, cause it will, you can pinpoint the reason, be it environmental, nutritional, genetic, Damn pests related.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Dude, I just saw your photo's on the sexing thread.
I havent check'd in since then. Your gromie will be impressed. Dont water before the visit, they may droop.

I was snooping around on the other thread and I will share my thoughts on the subject.
You are not going to run out of head room so you can grow those plants as big as you would like: if you keep in mind that your lights are only capable of a certain canopy size,,, but very limited canopy depth.
You had mentioned the timing of your up potting. There is no reason why you couldn't do that now. Roots are like horses, they love to immediately explore new space. They are mature. You are about to hit a growth boom - flowering or not.
Get them rock'n. Make some buds !

Many grows to come, bro. This is not the middle of the journey, it is nearly always the beginning.
If you popped some beans earlier, as those go into flower - your veg clock wont reset to zero.
I was slow to learn that trick. ;)

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Dude, I just saw your photo's on the sexing thread.
I havent check'd in since then. Your gromie will be impressed. Dont water before the visit, they may droop.

I was snooping around on the other thread and I will share my thoughts on the subject.
You are not going to run out of head room so you can grow those plants as big as you would like: if you keep in mind that your lights are only capable of a certain canopy size,,, but very limited canopy depth.
You had mentioned the timing of your up potting. There is no reason why you couldn't do that now. Roots are like horses, they love to immediately explore new space. They are mature. You are about to hit a growth boom - flowering or not.
Get them rock'n. Make some buds !

Many grows to come, bro. This is not the middle of the journey, it is nearly always the beginning.
If you popped some beans earlier, as those go into flower - your veg clock wont reset to zero.
I was slow to learn that trick. ;)
thank you so much. I needed to hear that. I appreciate it. There’s so much I want to say but you know exactly how I’m feeling right now. Anticipation. the final transplant will most likely go down within the next 48 hours. Just waiting on my bag of happy frog which amazon says will arrive today. I really hope to get atleast one female, but part of the reason I didn’t have backup germination was my friend is in a similar cycle as me (about to flip) and said he would just give me one of his females. Three different strains between us. Hoping to get a female in all 3... but lesson learned.