Greenpoint Seeds

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I wonder if there’s any stats on which is more likely to possibly go Hermie , Feminised or Regular seeds ? Wouldn’t have a clue . Just one of those random thoughts 🤔
I did some research on this when I had a fem seed plant herm and pollenate the rest of the tent. I never found any solid answer but from what I found fem seeds from that type of pollination have somewhere around a 20%-25% chance of growing balls. I gave a bunch of those seeds away to friends and none of them have had any herms yet, though.

Skunkle Justin

Man, I’m about done with ordering seeds from other places. I don’t have to fuck around with bitcoin or other cyber money nonsense on another website to make a purchase or get some rickety shit genetics. I’m not trying to make a commercial for these guys or anything but I’m just gonna stick with GP or direct from Heisenbeans website until the US just makes it legal. I wish GP would sell autos or some 1:1 stuff too. Then I literally would have no reason to buy elsewhere. IMO Heisenbeans genetics are on par with most “connoisseur quality” cultivars people are trying to sell for $700 per pack. He gives weak plants the boot instead of relying on some stupid new strain fad to sell beans and that’s why my garden looks like Jurassic Park with man-eating buds kicking my ass every time I go in there.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
I did some research on this when I had a fem seed plant herm and pollenate the rest of the tent. I never found any solid answer but from what I found fem seeds from that type of pollination have somewhere around a 20%-25% chance of growing balls. I gave a bunch of those seeds away to friends and none of them have had any herms yet, though.
Yeah that was my thoughts. I wondered if across the board , breeders , strains whatever fems or regs which one may be more prone. I also wondered what triggered it as we’ve all heard about stress and uneven light etc contributing but I’ve grown plants before practically under my house eve with an attached floodlight that the wife is continually turning on and off all night hanging clothes out or hanging around the pool whatever and it didn’t bother the plants. I’ve also had plants grow In the bush lands firm and strong with no sign of stress or deficiency and turned hermie so ?

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Yeah that was my thoughts. I wondered if across the board , breeders , strains whatever fems or regs which one may be more prone. I also wondered what triggered it as we’ve all heard about stress and uneven light etc contributing but I’ve grown plants before practically under my house eve with an attached floodlight that the wife is continually turning on and off all night hanging clothes out or hanging around the pool whatever and it didn’t bother the plants. I’ve also had plants grow In the bush lands firm and strong with no sign of stress or deficiency and turned hermie so ?
There are so many dam variables. Overlapping traits that get brought out after certain crosses . That and a million other things. It's not easy . Gotta be why I pay ten a seed lol

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I think a lot of the growers who blame light leaks are only blaming them, because they can’t think of anything else that could’ve caused it, or they don’t want to admit they made a mistake and did something to stress the plant. My tent has a ton of pinholes that I can see when its lights are on, and the room is dark, and I’ve one had one plant full on herm and one in a separate run throw nanners during mid flower. Both plants were on opposite corners of the tent. I would think that you would need some seriously powerful room lights to push light that is bright enough to cause any issues through pinholes.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
I think a lot of the growers who blame light leaks are only blaming them, because they can’t think of anything else that could’ve caused it, or they don’t want to admit they made a mistake and did something to stress the plant. My tent has a ton of pinholes that I can see when its lights are on, and the room is dark, and I’ve one had one plant full on herm and one in a separate run throw nanners during mid flower. Both plants were on opposite corners of the tent. I would think that you would need some seriously powerful room lights to push light that is bright enough to cause any issues through pinholes.
Your theory sounds about right about minor leaks . I’ve only just bought my first tent so I don’t have the knowledge yet to make a solid comment but I hear people concerned about street lights , verandah lights etc being a factor . As I explained it never caused me any issues . I guess when nothing is proven theories are bound to spawn .

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Ya, I don't think I could cause a herm if I tried .

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
IG10, wasn't it? It never worked for me either. I have enough GPS packs for now. Think I will run a pack of "Evergreen" next round. No one talks about this one.
I’ve talked plenty of this one and worked that line ever further with gu’s permission of course lol. It is a great smoke try to find a plant that isn’t SD leaning it is a prime example of ogs. Pine and earthy on the nose when not a sd leaner. I ran 8 packs all in all

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
Last hermie I had and I most def caught it ( it was 3/4 weeks in ) def broke my heart cause the plants looked fire in strusture and healthiness . 4/6 females were hermies of this line..... doc holiday

Well I checked everyday after this and the last two pheno’s never did hermie but I still killed the clones off and didn’t want to risk it. Good smoke and was great structure too ( have a extra pack but I was so scared to tried it again )