Greenpoint Seeds

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I like what everyone else mentioned in a plant but have also grown to like a plant that isn't a total nightmare to trim like when the leaf to bud ratio is way off To date I haven't had a GP strain that was the competition plants are near the top of my list for ease of growing and easy to trim I am a little fish but thought I'd toss my 2-cents in I do wish GP could bring back the skunk we grew in the 70s & 80s...

Last edited:

Badddoin

Really Active Member
What are you guys looking for in a plant , if you had to decide on a A to Z list of priorities when your growing a home cultivar.
Coming from an absolute noob, I want a plant that can take a punch, because at least as of yet, I seem to do something stupid to cause stress on every grow. Secondly, I want a microwave plant. I want to plant it on Monday and smoke it on Saturday.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What are you guys looking for in a plant , if you had to decide on a A to Z list of priorities when your growing a home cultivar.
It must get me high. It can be instagram-ugly and low yield as long as it brings the face-punch.

Buzz is first, and I think the smell/taste are second. I don't even have a favorite, but something that actually has flavor. Lots of smells don't translate into how the smoke tastes.

A side-street to head down with a strain or two might be those that wash/sift well for hash.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
If you get those really leafy ones, let them hang dry until you can break the leaves off the flowers with your glove or a brush.
These days of unending strains/seeds and adaquite stash I do the unthinkable H.A.F. I toss them in the trimmer while fresh and let it have its way they come out nice but super leafy bud never seems to be as mellow a smoke but that's just my opinion and according to my lady I am weird lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
These days of unending strains/seeds and adaquite stash I do the unthinkable H.A.F. I toss them in the trimmer while fresh and let it have its way they come out nice but super leafy bud never seems to be as mellow a smoke but that's just my opinion and according to my lady I am weird lol
I have just had really good results (and a lot easier time trimming) by dialing in a drying area like you would a grow tent. The set-up I have is in a cedar wardrobe, so it's naturally mold resistant and it has both a little air mover fan inside and a very low cfm exhaust that goes through a carbon filter.

Basically, if you have the drying area at the optimum conditions - why even buck the plants until it's cured? That's my theory at least. but I don't let them hang for a month. I may have to try that... I have gotten so that I don't even check them for seven days, then I go by weight and what they should be at based on % of the wet weight (I'm stoned - ask for clarification if that makes no sense :cool: 🤷‍♂️). The plant stem/trunk will also feel more room temperature. Crazy right? If it still has moisture the main stems will feel cooler.

If the drying area is roughly 62% humidity it's the same as the jar with a boveda pack but with fresh air. Like a large humidor. After 7-10 days it'll stop losing weight. Usually about 25% of the original weight. When it stops losing weight is when I usually buck and jar it. But theoretically you could just turn off any fans at that point and let it hang/cure.

I just hung a plant that has a nice spread of limbs and some stretch so there's no issues with airflow. I may have to give this idea a shot. 😁

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
I have just had really good results (and a lot easier time trimming) by dialing in a drying area like you would a grow tent. The set-up I have is in a cedar wardrobe, so it's naturally mold resistant and it has both a little air mover fan inside and a very low cfm exhaust that goes through a carbon filter.

Basically, if you have the drying area at the optimum conditions - why even buck the plants until it's cured? That's my theory at least. but I don't let them hang for a month. I may have to try that... I have gotten so that I don't even check them for seven days, then I go by weight and what they should be at based on % of the wet weight (I'm stoned - ask for clarification if that makes no sense :cool: 🤷‍♂️). The plant stem/trunk will also feel more room temperature. Crazy right? If it still has moisture the main stems will feel cooler.

If the drying area is roughly 62% humidity it's the same as the jar with a boveda pack but with fresh air. Like a large humidor. After 7-10 days it'll stop losing weight. Usually about 25% of the original weight. When it stops losing weight is when I usually buck and jar it. But theoretically you could just turn off any fans at that point and let it hang/cure.

I just hung a plant that has a nice spread of limbs and some stretch so there's no issues with airflow. I may have to give this idea a shot. 😁
I have a friend that works at a cultivation facility in Illinois and based off how he has described it to me they are doing it in similar fashion but on a much larger scale. He says they even call it the drying/cure room. It’s all environmentally controlled like you suggested and says depending on production and demand they hang for up to 30 days. But 2-3 weeks is average. But even after trim they are stored in fold top storage totes until packaging in the “vault” which as he claims is the same type of environmentally controlled space 😂 you may be on to something