Eso's tester comp!

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
***A heads up for folks receiving testers***

They'll come in corrugated plastic that has 3 qtips in each end. Those qtips are holding in the 5-6 beans of each strain.

So as this pic shows, I put all oj#1 (ob smooth) beans on the top, blkbry b dog (dyno berry bites) is in the middle, and welchie (lvtk) is on the bottom.

Just remove one qtip at a time so you don't mix up the beans. You will be able to see through the slots of the plastic to be sure all beans are out. Some of the lvtk beans were rather plump!
View attachment 14112
So basically, just pull one qtip on the row labeled bb (it's the black dog) and then dump out the beans (5-6) and then move on to the next row. Just make sure to separate them because it'll be easy to mix them up if you don't, trust me I know, lol.
I’ve got one of each soaking right now
I’m excited for these 🔥

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Dropped the Blackdog in some water letting em soak hopefully find some nice berry tones :alien:
The black dog mom smells and tastes like blackberry, surprisingly so to me and the grape sato has a grape blueberry smell flavor so Im hoping those berry terps are heavy. Good luck!
I’ve got one of each soaking right now
I’m excited for these 🔥
Fudge yes, good luck!

Frank Nitty

So I currently have some fem seeds I'm about to harvest the plants tonight and need help to test run them before I release them for sell.

I know people either love the word testers or hate it so to incentivize folks to help test these girls I figured I'd make a tester grow off competition.

Here's how it'll work, everyone that I send testers to will just have to post pics here on this thread. You must show at least 4 pics: 1 pic of the seedlings soon after sprouting, 1 pic of plant in veg preferably just before flip, 1 pic like 2 weeks into 12/12, and 1 pic at harvest. The more pics the better your chances of impressing the most people so the more the merrier!

I will pick like 4 or 5 finalist based on the amount of likes and quality of growing the competitors receive/demonstrate. Then everyone will vote for their choice for a winner. Person with most votes wins and ties will result in 9 rounds of bare knuckle boxing to determine a winner.

I do have some folks already signed up for tester and I'm hoping to send out about 15 packs for tester, probably 2 seeds of each strain per test pack, 6 beans total and you must do at least 2 seeds. Everyone that has posted pics and whole grows will get priority when it comes to getting picked for this round, sorry fellas but I need showers not hoarders.

The prizes will most likely be 1 unopened pack of tangerine power by sin city seeds, some other seed packs (have to check stash but probably like cannarado or cannaventure) and a cash prize for 1st place if enough growers sign up and actually post pics then I'll probably do $100 top prize but if it's only a few sporadic pics posted and not a lot of testers then it'll only be like $25-50, so again the more the merrier!

Just let me know either in this thread or dm if you're interested, I got a list going and will be picking the final selection in MId July, everyone has till July 7th to let me know if they are in.

The strains I'll be sending out will be the grape sato reversed female pollinated
Black dog (blackberry pheno)
lvtk (highlander cut)
Oran Jones #1 (lvtk leaner)

Again each test pack will have 2 beans of all 3 and all I ask is testers run 2 plants. Do any 2 you'd like and run them how you like but I'll be judging based on the aesthetics so even the small plants will impress me if they dank and bonus points for folks going 12/12 after 1 week above soil/medium!

Anyone being a doo bag will be ejected from the comp and anyone I send testers to that don't grow and show will be put on the wall of shame and excluded from any further fun, so don't be a hoarder, be a supporter!

If I missed anything let me know, any questions are welcomed until they're not, lol. Cheers and
Darn it im late again!!!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am locked and loaded. This was the other thing I did this morning all that is left is to rinse off the hydroton and the plants to get big enough.
They will be living here in the veg tent in a week or so if all goes well.
If I can not rein in the 400 GPH i will get a smaller one but i think its going to work ACES !

I will add a water level tube and she is GTG.
DSCF1826.JPG

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I am locked and loaded. This was the other thing I did this morning all that is left is to rinse off the hydroton and the plants to get big enough.
If I can not rein in the 400 GPH i will get a smaller one but i think its going to work ACES !

View attachment 15239
What would u say was ur total cost without the 20000gph sump pump ya had? Hahahah

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This thing was cheap.
Tote 10.00 on sale 3 years ago (I have 6 or 8 of them)
Pump 20 on amazon
Flood and Drain kit 15.00
Tray 25.00 delivered (Grainger)
Piece of hose maybe 4 bucks (I got 15 feet of it) 4.00
Pots were 3 bucks each and hydroton maybe 10 bucks worth (28.00)

Total 6 pot system cost 102 CDN without water and nutes but thats all its missing...and babies.
the 4 autopot system cost 225 and i would rather have 2 of these any time.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Care to describe the grape sato?
The cross is a male grapes 13 by hazeman, which is grape stomper x g13 hash plant hit on my "blue dream leaner" miyagi which is my cross of delicious seeds critical sensi star x sin citys buddhas dream.

The miyagi girl had strong blueberry terps when my buddy grew it outside but indoor it was more citrus, big coayed buds.

The grapes 13 male seems to have passed on some grape terps.

The grape sato has more classic style hybrid growth, not too tall but vigorous. The flavor and smell are straight grape juice and blueberries. I dont have good pics of her but have one vegging Ill flower soon.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"

View attachment 15239
I need to add a tube to mine.Lol....how do you do it?

Texagonian

Outlaw
What would u say was ur total cost without the 20000gph sump pump ya had? Hahahah
I built one almost identical with some slight modifications. Tote from Costco on sale right now for 6.99 with lid, mixing bucket from Home Depot was 5.99 and the flood and drain fittings I got were from eBay or amazon and I got the botanicare brand for like 8.99 delivered. I had all kinds of pumps so let’s just say 20-25. Misc tubing I had as well. It’s under fifty 🇺🇸 For sure. I will be posting pics of my flood and drain on hydroreds diy page and also here because this is also how I am planning to run my testers. Hope this helps and not trying to step on toes. 🍻✌🏻

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I built one almost identical with some slight modifications. Tote from Costco on sale right now for 6.99 with lid, mixing bucket from Home Depot was 5.99 and the flood and drain fittings I got were from eBay or amazon and I got the botanicare brand for like 8.99 delivered. I had all kinds of pumps so let’s just say 20-25. Misc tubing I had as well. It’s under fifty 🇺🇸 For sure. I will be posting pics of my flood and drain on hydroreds diy page and also here because this is also how I am planning to run my testers. Hope this helps and not trying to step on toes. 🍻✌🏻
I ran my first round of Eso's testers in my HydroRed inspired and copied from F&D totes. Easy way to test.I'm better experienced for the next time I run flower from seed in a F&D tote.