Eso's tester comp!

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Even though they're a little rough you can see the distinct differences in lvtk vs grape sato leaners in the welchie. These are my two welchies and before I messed them up they were growing nicely but still the lvtk leaner wants to be a fricking bean pole! The sato leaner looks like a nice little plant. You can guess which is which, lol.
20190829_172211.jpg

Also wanted to show how much of nutrient whores the c99s are compared to the grape sato. The sato is only a week behind the c99 and was transplanted same time as the c99, just given an extra week of veg. The c99 need a lot of nitrogen all the way through their lives, or at least these ones did, the ffof soil only supplied enough nitrogen for a couple weeks of full on veg. The sato is the healthy green plant and the c99s look like a corn field in october :LOL:20190901_205131.jpg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The biggest of the eso beans in my garden...Day 26 in 12-12 for the tote. I added bud explosion to the rez and will do 15 grams of MC and 3 grams of BE per 5 gallons of water. If they burn i can dilute.
They are growing great now. This is why 6 or 8 plants in that flood and drain are problematic. They are only getting bigger. :D
I have more they are just still babies. In a few weeks I will need vines to swing around in the bloom room.
Front pair in the tote are Orangeberry
Back pair are Dynoberry.
The orangeberry is shooting up past the dynoberry now. And its setting buds fast they way they stack on LVTK on the branch (i look at a lot of pictures).
DSCF2341.JPG
Dynoberry looks like this
DSCF2340.JPG
Currently 25 inches tall for the 3 tall ones (top of hydroton in the pot to top of plant)
The mutant orangeberry is growing really nice and staying short but spreading out well. Glad she hung in there.
DSCF2337.JPG
Welchie Vegging in the autopot...getting closer. I am going to get it bigger and then clone it and see how that goes. She is going to spread out and stay flat real nice. Its the bloom room that gets ya.
DSCF2333.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

Texagonian

Outlaw
Just have to say that everyone’s plants are looking really great. I’ll just say that I shouldn’t have done six in a single f&d. I’m making another as we speak and am moving a couple or maybe three for each to spread these out. I’ve thinned lowers and don’t want to take away from them anymore. Here they be!728C15AB-311E-46B3-AE12-2DE462900B25.jpeg9EF152D2-B656-44FE-ACA3-21E155128394.jpeg2978CFB1-5E07-4945-9B72-EDC0A59FC386.jpeg

Cfeezzie

Super Active Member
Just have to say that everyone’s plants are looking really great. I’ll just say that I shouldn’t have done six in a single f&d. I’m making another as we speak and am moving a couple or maybe three for each to spread these out. I’ve thinned lowers and don’t want to take away from them anymore. Here they be!View attachment 20394View attachment 20395View attachment 20396
I'm going to try the flood and drain as.soon as i get all the parts. Those are some thck stems on them girls. Their lookin good. Soil is slow from what I'm seeing from all the f&d systems but i do like growing in soil. I shall see one day if its for me or not.

Texagonian

Outlaw
I'm going to try the flood and drain as.soon as i get all the parts. Those are some thck stems on them girls. Their lookin good. Soil is slow from what I'm seeing from all the f&d systems but i do like growing in soil. I shall see one day if its for me or not.
They’re fast for sure and ease of use is the key selling point, that and you can customize to suit your needs. I’ll be doing a run of the clones from these in soil so I can really compare and test them. Gonna be outstanding!🍻✌🏻

SSGrower

Average Grower
Orangeberry smoothie is not happy with me.
20190903_183228.jpg
I didnt wait for any tails, a short <36hr soak, It looked like the seeds were beginning to crack but maybe not. 2/3 on welchie and 3/3 on dinoberry (dynoberry?) bites good to go. I lost 2 of mine 1 helmuted and I knocked the other one over trying to pop the helmut.

These are testers, this is why they only got a short soak before the dirt and it is also why I only did 3 of each. Orangeberry Smoothie will get another shot, this time will wait for tails, leaving the 3 be just in case they decide to come play.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Orangeberry smoothie is not happy with me.
View attachment 20447
I didnt wait for any tails, a short <36hr soak, It looked like the seeds were beginning to crack but maybe not. 2/3 on welchie and 3/3 on dinoberry (dynoberry?) bites good to go. I lost 2 of mine 1 helmuted and I knocked the other one over trying to pop the helmut.

These are testers, this is why they only got a short soak before the dirt and it is also why I only did 3 of each. Orangeberry Smoothie will get another shot, this time will wait for tails, leaving the 3 be just in case they decide to come play.
The orangeberry smoothies and welchies had bigger/thicker shells than the dynoberry (like the generic cereal). I had to help a welchie and I think an obs out of their helmets and I had to manually crack one of the black grapes dumdum (the other black dog) seeds to get it to split.

Sucks that none of them came up though! If the last three give you problems let me know, I got a few extra if you need them.

SSGrower

Average Grower
The orangeberry smoothies and welchies had bigger/thicker shells than the dynoberry (like the generic cereal). I had to help a welchie and I think an obs out of their helmets and I had to manually crack one of the black grapes dumdum (the other black dog) seeds to get it to split.

Sucks that none of them came up though! If the last three give you problems let me know, I got a few extra if you need them.
I am not giving up, yet, I will wait till they have been in the ground 2 weeks before digging around in there. This is testing, if these are a little more difficult to pop (and its not just me) this is why you sent them out. I will not ask for extras, I will give the others some additional attention, in no way is this questioning the viability of the seed, obviously, they are popping for others.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I am not giving up, yet, I will wait till they have been in the ground 2 weeks before digging around in there. This is testing, if these are a little more difficult to pop (and its not just me) this is why you sent them out. I will not ask for extras, I will give the others some additional attention, in no way is this questioning the viability of the seed, obviously, they are popping for others.
For sure, and I appreciate the feedback. I didn't take it as questioning the viability, just sometimes shit happens so I figured I'd extend the offer. Once you pop seeds from me you're on the list, and that list gives you plenty of sway in my books and definitely earns you extra testers if needed so no sweat.

Honestly I've been the tester with the shittiest luck so far, and hopefully it stays that way! I'd love if no one else has issues like I've went through with these girls. My problems are all my own fault for not conditioning my rock wool properly but that doesn't make it any easier to see, lol.

Cheers and good growings

Boybelue

Super Active Member
For sure, and I appreciate the feedback. I didn't take it as questioning the viability, just sometimes shit happens so I figured I'd extend the offer. Once you pop seeds from me you're on the list, and that list gives you plenty of sway in my books and definitely earns you extra testers if needed so no sweat.

Honestly I've been the tester with the shittiest luck so far, and hopefully it stays that way! I'd love if no one else has issues like I've went through with these girls. My problems are all my own fault for not conditioning my rock wool properly but that doesn't make it any easier to see, lol.

Cheers and good growings
I thought grodan came pre PH'd nowadays or was you referring to something else?

Texagonian

Outlaw
I think its supposed to be but the batch I got took a shit on me. Im guessing they either were too off on ph or had some pathogen in them or something.

Once I flushed them all better the plants have responded better too.

Hopefully its all good now, knock on wood
My bag of rock wool/ grodan says right in the bag to ph that stuff. 🤷🏼‍♂️ You’re plants are snapping out of it and looking quite nice Eso! I keep looking for some similarities between everyone else’s plants and mine. I’ve got one dinoberry that is completely different from the rest and the smell coming from that one is definitely berry and skunk. It’s developing flowers and I’m dividing the plants to their own trays so they have more room to breath and light penetration. 🍻✌🏻

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
My bag of rock wool/ grodan says right in the bag to ph that stuff. 🤷🏼‍♂️ You’re plants are snapping out of it and looking quite nice Eso! I keep looking for some similarities between everyone else’s plants and mine. I’ve got one dinoberry that is completely different from the rest and the smell coming from that one is definitely berry and skunk. It’s developing flowers and I’m dividing the plants to their own trays so they have more room to breath and light penetration. 🍻✌🏻
My buddy has a grape sato and a blackberry black dog (mom of dynoberry) outside and both have strong skunky odor along with berry. So the skunky odor is going to be there, might work them carbon filters a bit, lol. Cheers man and theyll love the new tub!!!

Texagonian

Outlaw
My buddy has a grape sato and a blackberry black dog (mom of dynoberry) outside and both have strong skunky odor along with berry. So the skunky odor is going to be there, might work them carbon filters a bit, lol. Cheers man and theyll love the new tub!!!
I got the filter hung in the tent and it’s scrubbing the air in the whole room real nice. When I open the tent to inspect and take pics it poofs out all the nice smells. I don’t mind the skunky smell. I drink ipa and they sometimes remind me of a fine skunk joint. Stinkier the better!😂✌🏻