Eso's tester comp!

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Pic from last night. I’ll get a better one tonight if possible. Too little to stem rub but did a gentle leaf swipe and they are already spicy, citrus, wood smell on the oj and welchie. Dbb I can’t quite give an exact smell yet. Kinda similar to the rest but not quite. View attachment 17109View attachment 17110
Looking good buddy! They're loving the led.

The only plant out of the moms to have any smell on stem rub has been oj#3. She has a very slight orange/citrus smell on stem rub. The tangerine power female I ran last year had a stronger orange smell on stem rub but oj#3 has a better orange flavor.

I can't really recall having a berry flavored strain smell berry-ish on stem rub, they usually smell more like spicy type smells. The top 44 I had years and years ago had a great raspberry candy type flavor but when I was first vegging it out the stem rub was very strong green peppers.

Sometimes pheno hunting reminds me of those mystery jelly bellies. You never know what you'll get and sometimes the flavor or high that you get is so far from what you were expecting it blows your mind. When it's an awesome flavor or high those surprises are awesome, but when it's like the "white widow" that my brother's buddy gave us that ended up tasting like bell peppers, it's not so cool.

It keeps popping seed fun to me though. Only problem is I hate throwing out strains I like to smoke on so sometimes I end up with too many females in the stable, lol.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Looking good buddy! They're loving the led.

The only plant out of the moms to have any smell on stem rub has been oj#3. She has a very slight orange/citrus smell on stem rub. The tangerine power female I ran last year had a stronger orange smell on stem rub but oj#3 has a better orange flavor.

I can't really recall having a berry flavored strain smell berry-ish on stem rub, they usually smell more like spicy type smells. The top 44 I had years and years ago had a great raspberry candy type flavor but when I was first vegging it out the stem rub was very strong green peppers.

Sometimes pheno hunting reminds me of those mystery jelly bellies. You never know what you'll get and sometimes the flavor or high that you get is so far from what you were expecting it blows your mind. When it's an awesome flavor or high those surprises are awesome, but when it's like the "white widow" that my brother's buddy gave us that ended up tasting like bell peppers, it's not so cool.

It keeps popping seed fun to me though. Only problem is I hate throwing out strains I like to smoke on so sometimes I end up with too many females in the stable, lol.
I ran in to that predicament a while back and had at least twelve different strains going at one time. It became too much for me to handle alone and had to thin the herd. Gave out plants to friends in hopes of it coming back around but that wasn’t the case. None were rare enough or special enough that I’m bashing my head but still would’ve been nice for a full circle kind of favor. Oh well! Now that you mention it about the dbb, I was definitely getting some spice in the smell. I’ll check again but as we’ve discussed they are still so small there’s no way to feel for sure how they’re gonna smell or taste until the end. Either way I’ll do them proud. It cooled off nicely today and even a bit overcast. They’ll probably get a week longer under the blurple and then comes the cmh with the 3100k bulb for flower. Should be perfect for this set up and I’m anxious as hell to see what they do. So far though there has been no issues with germination, transplant or anything. Cruising right along!

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I checked after I took the pic and posted it. 4 outta six already have a couple strands out the bottom. I’m gonna build another system to match and fill that tent the fuck up!🔥🔥🔥🔥🍻🍻
Oh yeah!!! Those are moving along nicely man, the next couple weeks they'll be full on fullies!

I miss doing full on hydro for that reason, explosive growth. Nothing beats it in my opinion. Cheers and looking good buddy.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Oh yeah!!! Those are moving along nicely man, the next couple weeks they'll be full on fullies!

I miss doing full on hydro for that reason, explosive growth. Nothing beats it in my opinion. Cheers and looking good buddy.
Thank you for the compliment and the opportunity! It means a lot to me. Gonna do the light switch and possibly a fresh res and see how they handle it. I’ve had that blurple full on to try and harden them up. They haven’t batted an eye so I think they’re gonna like the cmh.🍻🍻🔥🔥🔥✌🏻

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Thank you for the compliment and the opportunity! It means a lot to me. Gonna do the light switch and possibly a fresh res and see how they handle it. I’ve had that blurple full on to try and harden them up. They haven’t batted an eye so I think they’re gonna like the cmh.🍻🍻🔥🔥🔥✌🏻
Love the cmh. I switched to it last year, from a 400w hps and I love it and so do the plants. You're plants will love it too! Can't wait to see what they do.

Texagonian

Outlaw
I have the 3100k philips master color bulb in and air cooled low profile hood with built in ballast. I also have a small fan not pictured blowing air across the seedlings giving them a shake 24/7. The top growth is coming out thicker and I imagine the lower parts of the sprout/ stem will thicken up shortly. Just week old babies trying to be big girls😎

Texagonian

Outlaw
Forgot all about this thread. If I remember I’ll post up the tester run in here also but I’ll opt out of the competition. Eso has been more then generous more than once I’m happy to just run and show off his gear. I may remember to check this thread if not I’ll have plenty of pics other in his main thread.
I kinda forgot about it being a competition. I’m just having fun with it and grateful for the opportunity. Good times and looking forward to what everyone else shows off. It’ll also be nice to see similarities across the board and if different growing styles/methods make much difference.🍻✌🏻