Eso's tester comp!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
My walter white had the same weird single point leaf start. 4 oz of killer awesome buds came from it and i had 6 nodes of singles and weird 2 and 3 points.

They all stacked out real.nice.

I.migjt pop another pair of the orangberry smoothies into 2 autopots. Sterile will fix it and im running 1/2 inch lines
Why test 6. I have room for 6 more.
I like this testing thing. :)

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
My walter white had the same weird single point leaf start. 4 oz of killer awesome buds came from it and i had 6 nodes of singles and weird 2 and 3 points.

They all stacked out real.nice.

I.migjt pop another pair of the orangberry smoothies into 2 autopots. Sterile will fix it and im running 1/2 inch lines
Why test 6. I have room for 6 more.
I like this testing thing. :)
Fudge yeah! I can dig it. You will definitely find some amazing terps in that bunch. The rosin will be nuts. Im thinking someone will find a straight up dynobites pheno aka tasting just like fruity pebbles cereal but we'll see!

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Look at the doo dad i grabbed...and i have 4 Welchie soaking....coincidence???? probably not.

View attachment 17976
That looks sweet!

I noticed when I run coco if the humidity is above 50% my plants barely do shit, growth wise. Once the humidity drops and coco dries out daily then I get more like hydro results. I had to switch to rock wool this spring because with rain outside my coco indoor would just not dry out and plants suffered. It actually was pissing me off. Never had that issue in dwc buckets, ebb n flow or nft systems but all those required more maintenance.

Oh the struggles we go through, lol.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Just put 8/10 into 4" blocks tonight. 1 black grapes and 1 orangeberry smoothie (using oj#3 so not the cut that went out) are stalling. I must have over watered or over fed the two I'll let them get bone dry and see if they come back, which they should the lvtk I have was way worse off and she came back stunningly. If all goes well I'll throw them into flower this weekend.
20190814_204629.jpg

The other oj#3 orange berry smoothie that had the weird top seems like it might grow out of it, looks like the shoot is coming up now. 20190814_204636.jpg

Texagonian

Outlaw
Here we go fellas, a couple days short of a full two weeks. Just did a res change and upped the ppm to 700 ph at 5.6 I am having some leafs taco I feel due to higher temps and lower humidity here in the PNW. Roots are spread out all in the tray and they are kinda bushing on me due to the light. Friday the cmh will go up and hopefully it’s game on. Other than the taco leafs they are healthy and smelling up my tent room. I haven’t turned the fan and filter on yet to try and keep humidity a bit higher. I’ll post another once the other light is up and I’m not hurting people’s eyes with ol’ blurpy 😂🍻🍻✌🏻84FCD9E3-68D9-4CA2-AE50-55830CD931F5.jpeg

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Here we go fellas, a couple days short of a full two weeks. Just did a res change and upped the ppm to 700 ph at 5.6 I am having some leafs taco I feel due to higher temps and lower humidity here in the PNW. Roots are spread out all in the tray and they are kinda bushing on me due to the light. Friday the cmh will go up and hopefully it’s game on. Other than the taco leafs they are healthy and smelling up my tent room. I haven’t turned the fan and filter on yet to try and keep humidity a bit higher. I’ll post another once the other light is up and I’m not hurting people’s eyes with ol’ blurpy 😂🍻🍻✌🏻View attachment 18181
What nutes are you running Tex? That PH seems a bit low.

Texagonian

Outlaw
What nutes are you running Tex? That PH seems a bit low.
Megacrop sample and some botanicare calmag. I set it a bit low because of the drift. I’ll check it in the am to see where it sits. I’m totally open to suggestions as well. Where do you think I should adjust to? This is also a fresh res as of an hour or so ago. Ph in old res was around 6.2 and I started it right around where I set this one.✌🏻

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Megacrop sample and some botanicare calmag. I set it a bit low because of the drift. I’ll check it in the am to see where it sits. I’m totally open to suggestions as well. Where do you think I should adjust to? This is also a fresh res as of an hour or so ago. Ph in old res was around 6.2 and I started it right around where I set this one.✌🏻
Ok, I'm running MC also. I set mine to 5.9-6.2. I don't chase an exact ph with down. Depending on where it lands,If need be, I adjust on the next feeding, top-off etc..I don't have to use ph up.
It usually lands at 5.9-6.0 after adding the sulphuric acid(ph down).I'm also running tap @ 185-200ish ppm. My tote can hold 11 gals max full.

You did state your RH is low.
What are the temps?
Is there a fan near? Blowing directly on them?
What water source R/O tap?
What is your final ppm or EC?

Does appear environmental but that low ph may also be a cohort to the matter.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Just went and checked ph and it had drifted or settled up around 5.9 gonna leave it set and keep checking. Any suggestions are more than welcome 🍻😎
Good deal. Yea, it takes a bit for the MC to stabilize. Keep us posted.

Edit* It drifted up? From 5.6 to 5-9? My nutes usually drop my taps ph from 7.5-7.7 to 6.4-6.5. Depending on the size batch I'm making, few drops or mls of sulphuric acid and I'm in the zone. 6.3 is my stooping point. Drift up there and It's time for a change in my setup/s and environment.

Last edited:

Texagonian

Outlaw
Ok, I'm running MC also. I set mine to 5.9-6.2. I don't chase an exact ph with down. Depending on where it lands,If need be, I adjust on the next feeding, top-off etc..I don't have to use ph up.
It usually lands at 5.9-6.0 after adding the sulphuric acid(ph down).I'm also running tap @ 185-200ish ppm. My tote can hold 11 gals max full.

You did state your RH is low.
What are the temps?
Is there a fan near? Blowing directly on them?
What water source R/O tap?
What is your final ppm or EC?

Does appear environmental but that low ph may also be a cohort to the matter.
Ok, here’s the scoop.
I use tap water and starting ppm is around 30. I used 4 grams of mc to one gallon of water and I put 15 gallons in my tote/res. Added about 4 ml per gallon of calmag this time because I started seeing a mg deficiency starting in one plant just a couple days before res change. High temps are 85 ish and rh has been 45- 50 ish up till last couple days and it’s gone up just a bit. I have a small six inch fan pointed at them and it’s just enough to ruffle the leaves. It’s not a vornado right up on them. After mixing nutes last night the initial ph was 6.2 so I bumped it down to 5.6 and about an hour later it crept back to 5.9 Checked plants today and everyone seems happy other than the damn taco leaves. Maybe I’ll move the fan and see what happens. Thanks for taking the time to go over this with me, I greatly appreciate it🙏🏻

Texagonian

Outlaw
Good deal. Yea, it takes a bit for the MC to stabilize. Keep us posted.

Edit* It drifted up? From 5.6 to 5-9? My nutes usually drop my taps ph from 7.5-7.7 to 6.4-6.5. Depending on the size batch I'm making, few drops or mls of sulphuric acid and I'm in the zone. 6.3 is my stooping point. Drift up there and It's time for a change in my setup/s and environment.
Yes, mine has been drifting up after mix, not down. My meters are new and I keep them clean and calibrated. I dunno, I’ll keep y’all posted 🍻😎

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Ok, here’s the scoop.
I use tap water and starting ppm is around 30. I used 4 grams of mc to one gallon of water and I put 15 gallons in my tote/res. Added about 4 ml per gallon of calmag this time because I started seeing a mg deficiency starting in one plant just a couple days before res change. High temps are 85 ish and rh has been 45- 50 ish up till last couple days and it’s gone up just a bit. I have a small six inch fan pointed at them and it’s just enough to ruffle the leaves. It’s not a vornado right up on them. After mixing bites last night the initial ph was 6.2 so I bumped it down to 5.6 and about an hour later it crept back to 5.9 Checked plants today and everyone seems happy other than the damn taco leaves. Maybe I’ll move the fan and see what happens. Thanks for taking the time to go over this with me, I greatly appreciate it🙏🏻
I get that too, tacoing, usually from being to dry in the tent. I usually just ride it out in flower because I have no easy way to adjust the humidity in a controlled fashion.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Thats usually what would happen in my dwc buckets and hydro. Ill set ph at 5.8-5.9 and a day or two it'd be at like 6.3 range. Once it hit 6.5 Id add water ph'd low instead of adding ph down to my mix.
I like it, good stuff from all you guys! I checked on the ladies before heading in to work and they are looking great. The deficiency I was seeing has started to correct and they are praying hard. I adjusted the fan a smidge and today is pretty perfect as far as temp and humidity go. Tomorrow the cmh goes up and I’ll snap an update pic so everyone can see everything a bit clearer. I just use my iPhone for everything basically but the camera isn’t the greatest. Maybe one day I’ll get a more professional camera to document my grows. Thanks again brother for the opportunity to test your gear. Based off of the structure and smells already, those girls are sure to produce some quality buds🔥🔥🔥🍻😎

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I like it, good stuff from all you guys! I checked on the ladies before heading in to work and they are looking great. The deficiency I was seeing has started to correct and they are praying hard. I adjusted the fan a smidge and today is pretty perfect as far as temp and humidity go. Tomorrow the cmh goes up and I’ll snap an update pic so everyone can see everything a bit clearer. I just use my iPhone for everything basically but the camera isn’t the greatest. Maybe one day I’ll get a more professional camera to document my grows. Thanks again brother for the opportunity to test your gear. Based off of the structure and smells already, those girls are sure to produce some quality buds🔥🔥🔥🍻😎
My pleasure amigo! Unless these plants throw out totally random terps it should be like a box of fruitloops once buds start forming! Knock on wood.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Just put 8/10 into 4" blocks tonight. 1 black grapes and 1 orangeberry smoothie (using oj#3 so not the cut that went out) are stalling. I must have over watered or over fed the two I'll let them get bone dry and see if they come back, which they should the lvtk I have was way worse off and she came back stunningly. If all goes well I'll throw them into flower this weekend.
View attachment 18171

The other oj#3 orange berry smoothie that had the weird top seems like it might grow out of it, looks like the shoot is coming up now. View attachment 18172
I don't know much about "rockwool" but wouldn't you want to raise it off the bottom on a screen or something, thus allowing the cubes to dry out a little better?

Last edited:

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I don't know much about "rockwool" but wouldn't you want to raise it off the bottom on a screen or something, thus allowing the cubes to dry out a little better?
100% you are correct sir. Typically they dry out fast enough but I got lazy and just watered all the cubes at the same time. I should have let the smaller ones dry out more in between watering so it was definitely my fault. But yeah setting them up on a screen or grate helps them dry out faster though once they establish roots those cubes start drying out real fast! So it is a balance of sorts I reckon.