Eso's tester comp!

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I had issues in rockwool too. Have you tried rapid rooters?
Naw, well, actually I did but years ago. I'm just using rock wool to start because Im going to run 4" rock wool cubes to grow them in for this test run.

I typically just run coco so the seeds go straight into the coco. RW is just a bitch to start but then gets going good. Though I guess the rapid tooter could go into the 4" cubes too. Ill check them out next time Im at the store. Cheers man

Texagonian

Outlaw
Here we go fellas, I got two of each moved to my @HydroRed inspired f&d. Oj, welchie, dbb all had feeder roots off of the main and were trying to stretch out a bit. 15 gallons of tap water in the res with megacrop at 350ppm Ph at 5.6. Temp at night 72 RH at about 50% and day temps especially the last few days and up coming gonna be a hot MF🥵 Gonna keep an eye on them but things are dialed tight right now! 66A2EDE2-7AA9-45E7-AD29-1D79AF8D8345.jpegF91F2368-B9DC-4B60-9A15-1E7B43B361DD.jpeg04770D42-3765-461A-852B-86F086DFA969.jpeg

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Here we go fellas, I got two of each moved to my @HydroRed inspired f&d. Oj, welchie, dbb all had feeder roots off of the main and were trying to stretch out a bit. 15 gallons of tap water in the res with megacrop at 350ppm Ph at 5.6. Temp at night 72 RH at about 50% and day temps especially the last few days and up coming gonna be a hot MF🥵 Gonna keep an eye on them but things are dialed tight right now! View attachment 16506View attachment 16507View attachment 16508
Nice work on the system build. One of the easiest hydro setups I've ever run personally. Between the beans and the system I'd anticipate a good harvest.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Here we go fellas, I got two of each moved to my @HydroRed inspired f&d. Oj, welchie, dbb all had feeder roots off of the main and were trying to stretch out a bit. 15 gallons of tap water in the res with megacrop at 350ppm Ph at 5.6. Temp at night 72 RH at about 50% and day temps especially the last few days and up coming gonna be a hot MF🥵 Gonna keep an eye on them but things are dialed tight right now! View attachment 16506View attachment 16507View attachment 16508
Looking good so far man! Good stuff and I love the f & d systems you guys are running. Keeps it simply but still gives good hydro results. Cheers

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
So I’m noticing a slight variation between strains even this early. The dbb seedlings have a slight redness to the stem color and the others (oj and welchie ) are standard green. Just wondering what the blackdog parent was talking about. It’s not the environment because they are all in the same spot. Was that strain finicky by chance? @thenotsoesoteric
The blackberry pheno of black dog was not finicky so the red is just genetic. Several of my seedlings have red/purple stems right now but some are green. My 2 oj#3 are more purple than the others but in a few days once they get bigger leaves they'll green up.

So far only 1 dinoberry bite, 1 black grape dummy and 1 all valley grape have yet to open up and green up. I literally just removed the pinched closed shells on the all valley and black grape so hopefully I peeled the shell off in time and they green up. So far not too shabby. 20190803_170221.jpg

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
While it will grow out of this it is still pretty for the moment, in person the purple pops out better. Though I do anticipate this cross to have nice colors in fade, the black grape dum dum (blk dog purp pheno x gs).
20190804_193649.jpg

I ended up getting more beans than I thought I would end up getting off the last three chucks I did of the purple black dog, oj#3, and grape bubba so it looks like every pack I sell will come with 1-2 freebies of the black grape dum dum and the orangeberry smoothie v2 (the oj#3 used in v2, #3 is the orange pheno). I got about the same amount of beans off each one, this is black grape dd20190803_191242.jpg

The all valley grape cross (grape bubba x gs) is the only one I'll get 50 or less beans from so with this one I'm gonna put like 25 two bean packs inside random packs that I'm selling. So hopefully I can do like 20-25 2 packs of the all valley grape inside the dino bites, welchie and orangeberry smoothie v1. That way it'll be like old school sports cards with the limited rare inserts. Cheers

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The 2nd Welchie popped up to say hello this morning. 6 for 6 (2 of each strain).
The square green thing with 2 planters has 2 Welchies

The 4 bigger plants in the F&D are the other 2 strains (the other is a GMO cake) . All are labelled clearly. In the new Veg room !

The two Welchies will be made large. I will put 1 in a 3 gallon coco pot and the other in a 6.5 and grow them to see what happens.

BIG things I would imagine!

DSCF2004.JPG

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
When I was helping the last all valley grape out of its shell I pulled up too much apparently and snapped the tap root. I was wondering why it stalled out. So all the beans popped but a couple need help out of their shells due to starting them in rock wool.

I only did 1 oj#1 x gs (orangeberry smoothie) and then 1 grape bubba (all valley grape) died so I got 10 seedlings going forward. So I got 1 ob smooth from oj#1, 2 ob smooth from oj#3, 2 black grape dum dum, 2 dyno bites, 1 all valley grape, 2 welchie
20190805_164041.jpg

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Gonna post my pics tonight. Just little seedlings and not much to see yet but they are moving along. Temps up here have been a little warm as you may know but it’ll pass. Looking goad @thenotsoesoteric 🍻👊🏻👍🏻
That's what I was referring too, waiting for these little seedlings to start getting interesting. I just keep looking at them like,

But honestly it won't be too long now and I'll be like "fuck, now they need to slow the hell down." It's always like that, lmao. Cheers man and no rush on pics, hell they're all just babies right now anyway.

Here are the girls tonight Edit: well some of the girls, I see some got cut off the pic.
20190806_205307 (1).jpg

Texagonian

Outlaw
That's what I was referring too, waiting for these little seedlings to start getting interesting. I just keep looking at them like,

But honestly it won't be too long now and I'll be like "fuck, now they need to slow the hell down." It's always like that, lmao. Cheers man and no rush on pics, hell they're all just babies right now anyway.

Here are the girls tonight Edit: well some of the girls, I see some got cut off the pic.
View attachment 17062
Yeah, I knew what you meant. I’m right there with you on the hurry up part but they’re going pretty good in this f&d. It’s pretty trouble free so far. Only thing I’m dealing with is some ph swing and it could be just settling. Not sure if heat makes ph swing or not but my res temps are up around 80 ish because of this damn heatwave. Been debating putting a fitting at the bottom and putting a pump inline and then through the chiller😂. No funky smells or slime so I’m just gonna let it ride. Put them in there on Friday or Saturday so not quite time to do a res change. I dunno, I’ll let you guys be the judge on how they look🍻👊🏻✌🏻

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Orangeberry Smoothie and DynoBites are in the bloom room. I am glad I made those room doors big enough to drag the flood and drain around :D August 7 they went into 12-12 currently under a 4k QB135 with 3k cob spillover.
These were not topped or manipulated. Once they were big enough i didnt have to hover over them I put them in 12-12.

I cant stem rub them or they will not survive :D LOL..

Welchie is getting bigger in the veg room. That might be another few weeks before it hits bloom.

DynoBerry Bites to the left and Orangeberry Smoothie to the right.
DSCF2020.JPG

Last edited: