Dry sieve

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have this little tiny glass bowl for the bong that holds the ice cubes.

I had a quarter in a jar for about 2 months? i just opened it...

Put 1/2 gram in the bong and so....aged hash is WAY BETTER...how is this even possible?

I had to try it myself.

The stone is epicly hard...but it is skunky VA hash and this is the strongest i have ever had or made in my life...the mark was set high.....early.

I will make some kief hash but my next run all my surplus goes in the freezer and i am aiming for a QP of hash in a day of run.

:D i have to have a goal...or how do you know if you nailed it ?

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Since I am smoking it decarb isn't necessary - but to get hash heat is needed. Guy in the hash video laid it on a fire-toasted pan - I think my way is safer :) The Nova will stay one option.

I think nuking it for a few seconds might be the other for the fresh keif until it gets kneadable. After that hot water will probably do.

The rolling pin and silicone sheet worked well. I saw one video where they filled a glass bottle with hot water to use for rolling.
How cool, no hash arguments yet. There is no true right or wrong, but there are sure ways to improve on quality & efficiency. I had been making dry sift in small amounts for many years pre-internet, info was hard to come by. I have not changed my ways this century but the internet did introduce me to ice water extraction.

Frenchy Cannoli does that wine bottle thing & it works well, big respect for Frenchy, we are in agreement about many things especially extraction wise but his wine bottle press method is just too much work for me, but then I am not doing in the large amounts he is. His thread hidden in RIU was why I originally went there, after he left the IC Mag hash forum where the moderators had an agenda.

The steel, water-filled pastry rolling pins work pretty good too when filled with hot water, I use it sometimes but I am lazy. I often just use the sun to warm it. The heat is not really to decarb but to help release the oils contained in the trichome heads, releasing those oils is what turns it to taffy consistency, look at my piece with the flattened trichomes compared to the whole trichomes in kief. Make no mistake, Kief is not hash.

It remains my favorite smoke by far tho, something changes chemically with a proper press. A no ceiling high & nothing easier on the lungs after it cures. Try it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
How cool, no hash arguments yet. There is no true right or wrong, but there are sure ways to improve on quality & efficiency. I had been making dry sift in small amounts for many years pre-internet, info was hard to come by. I have not changed my ways this century but the internet did introduce me to ice water extraction.

Frenchy Cannoli does that wine bottle thing & it works well, big respect for Frenchy, we are in agreement about many things especially extraction wise but his wine bottle press method is just too much work for me, but then I am not doing in the large amounts he is. His thread hidden in RIU was why I originally went there, after he left the IC Mag hash forum where the moderators had an agenda.

The steel, water-filled pastry rolling pins work pretty good too when filled with hot water, I use it sometimes but I am lazy. I often just use the sun to warm it. The heat is not really to decarb but to help release the oils contained in the trichome heads, releasing those oils is what turns it to taffy consistency, look at my piece with the flattened trichomes compared to the whole trichomes in kief. Make no mistake, Kief is not hash.

It remains my favorite smoke by far tho, something changes chemically with a proper press. A no ceiling high & nothing easier on the lungs after it cures. Try it.
Great info!

I'm fairly new to growing, and also new to being out of the saving roaches stage :)

I have been looking for the best way to store stuff long term. I froze and hashed my first buds and agree that the trim hash and the cured bud hash are two different animals. Nothing is cured as hash yet, but the bud having cured also makes a difference.

A Dutch hash shop is a nice experience and I don't know why I have never tried to make it. I knew the kief pucks weren't it.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Today i put a bunch of small crap and tips in the trim bin and with 2 blue gloves pressed it through. I got about 3/4 of a baby food jar.

I pressed that through the 80 with a card. I got maybe 3 grams of that fine stuff. It wont press very well. It is dry material.

I put a piece in the pipe....Wow thats a lot stronger than the top stuff. It tastes different too. The bigger micron has more flavor profile but the fine stuff has the stone beat by a long shot.

Wow.

I did 2 batches of kief.. Purple Primate and everything in a jar of small buds i had (all berries and fruit).

I like all the kinds of hash. :D

D

Deleted member 60

Heat does have an effect. Ever make shoe hash? Very old school shit. LOL. Put some kief in foil...put in your shoe.....walk on it all day. By the end of the day it's all gooey and quite different....and very tasty....especially if you wore old socks... heehee.....

"Dutch hash shop" sent me right back to "Twede Kramer"......a little hole in the wall place we stumbled upon in the Dam...just a killer hash selection. We sat in the front window for an unknown amount of time smoking morrocan red hash/black charas out of a hookah....it was a seriously memorable afternoon...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
So yeah....holy fuck that is strong...I was stoned a bit then that bong made me high until now. It is just letting out of the back of my head but my eyes are still stoned.

WOW i love it!

That 70 to 135 ish range....man that is the sweet spot for most everything.

Next....i will take that 220 micron jar....put it in this 30 micron rosin bag and see what squeezes out....time to clean a rosin vape!

I might be doing retirement wrong but if it feels so wrong it gots to be right !!!

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Sounds like your doing it right to me sir, and I'm with ya on everything you just said, I been roasting this kief since I sifted it, and same path as you on the squishing part as well I'm gonna try and squash a half of the 160 stuff and see what happens

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am a blessed man...how can this even happen that i can be allowed to have nothing....Weed it is the antichrist....

to ok your wife can have this weak assed shit...but its medical...black as tar ash and everything

To...here is a script to grow 25...here is your wifes to grow 15....and my buddy giving me his 15 so i can give him 3 oz every time he comes (I said get it so you can carry 4 oz legally and then you come every now and then and get a QP).

And then....i can legally make all the hash i want..

I am pretty sure Armageddon must be coming before I open the pool...the other shoe has to drop sooner or later.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
If you push it too hard through the screens it goes GREEN...:)

But that 80 kief...its pretty good green or no. I will play with it more.

Aged bubble hash though....wow it just gets better....I wonder if aged Kief changes flavor too...i will save some and see :D

Kief is easy to do sitting and watching tv with the wife...its like stoner knitting.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
If you push it too hard through the screens it goes GREEN...:)

But that 80 kief...its pretty good green or no. I will play with it more.

Aged bubble hash though....wow it just gets better....I wonder if aged Kief changes flavor too...i will save some and see :D

Kief is easy to do sitting and watching tv with the wife...its like stoner knitting.
Yes, it changes flavors. I have 1 year old bubble at the moment. It has a mellow buzz. It's the CBN in it now. I don't smoke it that often. I like different kinds. If you use bud and trim,you will get a more "full spectrum" hash than if you use one r the other.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Today i put a bunch of small crap and tips in the trim bin and with 2 blue gloves pressed it through. I got about 3/4 of a baby food jar.

I pressed that through the 80 with a card. I got maybe 3 grams of that fine stuff. It wont press very well. It is dry material.

I put a piece in the pipe....Wow thats a lot stronger than the top stuff. It tastes different too. The bigger micron has more flavor profile but the fine stuff has the stone beat by a long shot.

Wow.

I did 2 batches of kief.. Purple Primate and everything in a jar of small buds i had (all berries and fruit).

I like all the kinds of hash. :D
That fine stuff has that "fermented" bug poop in it.
Mmm Good. Like that worm in a bottle stuff. lol

GrowRock

Hey guys just wondering where you guys are getting dry ice from. I’m having problems sourcing it in the great white north lol

Bruno8437

Super Active Member
A lot of supermarkets carry dry ice either near the regular ice or behind the counter in Customer Service. The other spot to check is any welding supply. Industrial gas suppliers (Praxair, Airgas) also sell dry ice.