Dry sieve

Bruno8437

Super Active Member
I have not used bubblemans but I have a set from dry sift wizzard off of IG and they work great. Still a bit of work but end up with very quality product. Much better than some of the machines. None are very cheap.
A couple of videos of Dry Sift Wizard's technique:

More info at: http://www.drysiftwizard.com/tutorials.html

I've gotten good results following his techique using my own screens.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
After using that trim bin...I think i will get a sifter screen.

What micron size would you use? I see they come in 60 80 120 180. I can push it through the trim bin and then sift it finer i think 120 ? maybe 80?

I might as well get one and give it a go.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After you sift, let it set out and "air" for a bit, then re-sift through the same screen but gentler. Lots of the leafy bits will gain moisture and "swell" enough that they don't fit through the screen the second time.

Multiple screens would work as well. I use 120m, and they sell rolls of just screen so you can make your own.

If making your own (if I make one again) I would use a saw and create a shallow channel for window-screen spline to hold the screen in place. I used staples, and you can't clean it as easy.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Im a sucker for a kit....i just clicked buy on this. When I dont feel like freezing my hands right off i can make kief hash of a finer micron.

Ok no more online for me...seeds are not the only problem :D lol

What is nice is i can let it run. It has a vibrator on it.

If I find its too small...i will get those giant furnace filter sized ones. I bet you could process it a lot faster with those.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you want quality melty sift your yield will be pretty low but man. Nothing beats true full melt drysift I have to say. It's all about properly dry material and gently siftng. Not a fan of obliterating material and then recleaning the sift. I do like drysift wizard tech as well.
I think the vibration thing is cool, I just drum on the screen with my fingers. I let mine "cure" or whatever for a week or so at a minimum, then re-run it through the same screen. I have seen people use regular window screen for the first run to get all the goodies off, then use a finer screen on the product.

Rosinallday

Super Active Member
If you want quality melty sift your yield will be pretty low but man. Nothing beats true full melt drysift I have to say. It's all about properly dry material and gently siftng. Not a fan of obliterating material and then recleaning the sift. I do like drysift wizard tech as well.
I was looking at this company also. The $20 vibrator looks like a good way to go. I was thinking of the xl 2 piece set think 150 and 79 micron.
Does anyone know if that 150 would work as the top screen where i put my bud on or do i need a 220 for my first screen?

Bruno8437

Super Active Member
Thanks couldnt find where to buy his products.
I couldn't either. Maybe he sells through IG but I don't do IG. I went with Pocono Screen Supply

What micron size would you use? I see they come in 60 80 120 180. I can push it through the trim bin and then sift it finer i think 120 ? maybe 80?
I ended up using a 61 mesh (~225u) and an 86 mesh (~165u). Dry Sift Wizard advocates using a larger opening sizes with a gentle technique but @lakegrow would know better. He has the DSW screens.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I smoke 150 micron kief all the time...That is the trim bin screen. Anything that falls in that is GOLD !

You would probably just have a better more refined product.

I will smoke the fine stuff and use all the rest in edbiles...decarbed. I think my gummes are about to get crazier. The personal ones. The rest will maintain the same level of crazy.

Rosinallday

Super Active Member
I smoke 150 micron kief all the time...That is the trim bin screen. Anything that falls in that is GOLD !

You would probably just have a better more refined product.

I will smoke the fine stuff and use all the rest in edbiles...decarbed. I think my gummes are about to get crazier. The personal ones. The rest will maintain the same level of crazy.
Appreciate the feedback that 2 screen set should be good then. Like those gummies of urs gonna have to try that.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Okay guys long ass post coming in hot, I been looking into hash,dab,and other concentrates a lot lately, flower isn't getting it done anymore so today I read this and did an experiment had a nice 12 day dried top off a wired ass plant I'm torturing at the moment, it has no real calyxes on it but is plenty frosty so I hung it for shits and giggles. Well it was an inside weather day here so I got to tinkering with a paint screen bag, not sure of micron size but guessing about 200 stretched it out under a 1 gallon pot with the bottom chopped off and taped in place, then did the same to a cookie sheet with the same size screen. Froze my measly budish stuff for an hour with a few pennies in there too dumped it all up inside the screened pot and swirled gently for a few mins carded it one time through the pot. All of this was done over the screened cookie sheet I then carded it once with what hadn't already fallen through voluntarily. Result was 2 slightly different color piles of very pungent kief
20200115_195937.jpg20200117_123400.jpg
20200117_123416.jpg
This pic was all of what I used20200117_140358.jpg
And the materials
20200117_153706.jpg20200117_153647.jpg20200117_153719.jpg
And the results
20200117_155201.jpg
20200117_155303.jpg
First time sifting anything really, and that stuff ain't gonna melt or bubble 😂😂😂
But I just ripped a nice layer of the greener stuff on a bowl of chem and GOD DAM I'm flying right now, so nice to be so high I can feel my cheeks cheezin 😂😂😂 I'll be buying real screens shortly

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
First time sifting anything really, and that stuff ain't gonna melt or bubble 😂😂😂
But I just ripped a nice layer of the greener stuff on a bowl of chem and GOD DAM I'm flying right now, so nice to be so high I can feel my cheeks cheezin 😂😂😂 I'll be buying real screens shortly
Nice!
I have been wondering myself. There is only so much THC in a bud of whatever. I don't care how you twist it, process it, press it, you can't increase that.

Taste seems to be a thing as well, which (to me) would mean there has to be some material there besides the THC crystals that have been stripped of everything else.

So if you factor in the ease-of-process vs the end result, how far past keif do you really need to go?