Dry sieve

Cornfed Dread Creations

Super Active Member
Nice!
I have been wondering myself. There is only so much THC in a bud of whatever. I don't care how you twist it, process it, press it, you can't increase that.

Taste seems to be a thing as well, which (to me) would mean there has to be some material there besides the THC crystals that have been stripped of everything else.

So if you factor in the ease-of-process vs the end result, how far past keif do you really need to go?
Much further 😁💪

SCJedi

Synergist
I use a trim tray that has a 150 micron screen in it. I kind of dry sift without thinking about it. When I am done trimming I just sweep the trim across it a few times and tap it.

I used to get framed silkscreens from the craft store that were around 120 microns. I used to vibrate it for about 90 second with one of those $15 Walgreen's back massagers using the suction cup fitting. It worked great.

Last edited:

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Was wondering what to do with the really light stuff it almost looks like silica sand under my house lighting, thought about squishing some but it basically disappears as soon as you put fire to it so I'm not complaining lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Why decarb only necessary if making edibles
Looking at "hash making" videos there is heat involved. The decarb process converts/activates the TCH but doesn't kill it.

I have an assload of budder and edible stuff, and yes the pictured stuff could be eaten, but it is a nice hash-buzz. I think this compared to smoking raw keif is like the difference between scissor-hash (real gassy, harsh) and actual hash.

Cornfed Dread Creations

Super Active Member
Looking at "hash making" videos there is heat involved. The decarb process converts/activates the TCH but doesn't kill it.

I have an assload of budder and edible stuff, and yes the pictured stuff could be eaten, but it is a nice hash-buzz. I think this compared to smoking raw keif is like the difference between scissor-hash (real gassy, harsh) and actual hash.
Dude you are a lil confused. There is no need to convert thca to active thc unless eating only. When you vape it smoke it it is converted then and decrb will taste even nastier than just the dirty sift.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dude you are a lil confused. There is no need to convert thca to active thc unless eating only. When you vape it smoke it it is converted then and decrb will taste even nastier than just the dirty sift.
Actually it doesn't. I decarbed the stuff because I can always make something with it later, but after shaving some off to burn it is definitely not like decarbed flowers - which taste like you describe. I use the Ardent Nova to decarb, so there's no guess-work and it comes out perfect every time.

My theory is that since there is no veg to cook it doesn't take on that taste.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have it in a C-vault with a 62% pack to keep it from drying out, and we'll see if it gets better or worse with age. But the terps are there for now.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Kief contains more of the terps than bubble. A lot of terps.

I find it is more of a representation of the buds perfection. All terps and tasty less shit in the way.

When i get the new screens i will try some really fine siev kief. So far its only been from the trim bin (150 i think).

If you have seedy buds...it is a GREAT way to get the seeds out if you want to keep them. and you get a ton of kief hash :D

This was skunky VA and Citrus Milf Kief cakes...i think im going to go find that jar and hit that citrus milf !

I also ordered a silicone sleeve to fit in my kief press...because it gets gummed right up with hash.

I am going to decarb some later :D I never tried to smoke decarbed kief but eating a gram is pretty nice. :D 500mg of tHC...gets it humming along. And its tastier than buds but whatever....a 2 grammer for breakfast right now.

20191206_193347.jpg

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Kief contains more of the terps than bubble. A lot of terps.

I find it is more of a representation of the buds perfection. All terps and tasty less shit in the way.

When i get the new screens i will try some really fine siev kief. So far its only been from the trim bin (150 i think).

If you have seedy buds...it is a GREAT way to get the seeds out if you want to keep them. and you get a ton of kief hash :D

This was skunky VA and Citrus Milf Kief cakes...i think im going to go find that jar and hit that citrus milf !

I also ordered a silicone sleeve to fit in my kief press...because it gets gummed right up with hash.

View attachment 42844
I don't do the bubble either -pain in the ass. That might be the difference between results (taste-wise) in everything you do after that.
My pic has one gram pucks of Paradise Diesel, that the bigger lump is Black Widow about 3g. I think I could put random pucks in a bag and shake them up, and still be able to identify them by smell.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I love bubble too. Bubble can be stronger. But i kind of need the screens to really compare it. 150 micron kief VS 73 to 120 micron bubble isnt fair to kief.

And as the hash is aging....holy shit it gets BETTER....how the hell is that even possible.

I keep mine in a mason jar...and shave my face in the dark....because im a winner things are going to change i can feel it...(beck mashup :D)....Vaping does actually get it done. Nice and bake and waked already.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When you vape it smoke it it is converted then and decrb
On this part, only certain temp ranges do the conversion. When you burn it raw the conversion is imperfect. Like vaping weed compared to smoking it. If you have a spare bit to try on your own and the ability to do so I would be interested in hearing your take on the results.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since I have pretty much discarded bubble hash I was thinking about getting some round frames and using the bottoms of the bags for screens. I'll have 7 options :)

Cornfed Dread Creations

Super Active Member
It certainly doesn't make it more like quality hash brother .
On this part, only certain temp ranges do the conversion. When you burn it raw the conversion is imperfect. Like vaping weed compared to smoking it. If you have a spare bit to try on your own and the ability to do so I would be interested in hearing your take on the results.
Not needed and still don't see where you feel it's any kind of improvement. You do not decarb anything you plan to smoke. But ok. I been making hash for 14 + year man. Just saying I have a lil experience an knowledge. Only decarb for edibles.

Cornfed Dread Creations

Super Active Member
I love bubble too. Bubble can be stronger. But i kind of need the screens to really compare it. 150 micron kief VS 73 to 120 micron bubble isnt fair to kief.

And as the hash is aging....holy shit it gets BETTER....how the hell is that even possible.

I keep mine in a mason jar...and shave my face in the dark....because im a winner things are going to change i can feel it...(beck mashup :D)....Vaping does actually get it done. Nice and bake and waked already.
Hash when curing actually cleans itself. The resin eats away at impurities in the hash.