Dry sieve

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just a little info-nugget to think about if you do the dry sieve. I got a 220m work screen for the initial run. Get everything. Same as you would with the bubble bags.

After that, the big pile is easier to "re-classify" into different grades.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Just a little info-nugget to think about if you do the dry sieve. I got a 220m work screen for the initial run. Get everything. Same as you would with the bubble bags.

After that, the big pile is easier to "re-classify" into different grades.
I made one out of a 18 gal tote. Works ok, I should have made it like the bubble buckets. I like the buckets with the different size screens on the bottoms. They stack like bubble bags but a lot easier to work with. There is a company that makes them. I'm gonna cut my bubble bags and make a set.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
my trim bin was the greatest kief maker i ever bought. I will see if i can get a tighter micron screen for it...a 90 would be awesome!.

I find making kief requires too much finesse for my liking...to get the melt i mean. I smoke most of it as auxillery doob enhancers or in a bong.

Flavor...kief rules supreme...the terps are so strong i still have a problem if i forget and exhale through my nose...terp nose fire. but you have to let a bit go through the nose to get the full terp profile. mmmmm.

But i prefer bubble. with a washer its easy. Once i watched frenchy.

The buds really do matter to...that pure bud hash i made was 25 to 120 micron only...the 23 gram piece is all melty. Now i get it.

And the flavor of that....well its close to kief terps. What a pita to keep lit but i will accept that minor problem for the effect.

if i didnt have it in my fridge i think i would buy an ice maker.....or a stainless steel frency cannoli monster hash maker....i dont think i would ever smoke flower again.

This diversion brought to you by full melt hash....holy shit that is better than rosin !

I do believe a 5 gallon washer is plenty....steady as she goes there man...i have to talk myself down a lot...i have always been a fan of turning it up to 11.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
my trim bin was the greatest kief maker i ever bought. I will see if i can get a tighter micron screen for it...a 90 would be awesome!.

I find making kief requires too much finesse for my liking...to get the melt i mean. I smoke most of it as auxillery doob enhancers or in a bong.

Flavor...kief rules supreme...the terps are so strong i still have a problem if i forget and exhale through my nose...terp nose fire. but you have to let a bit go through the nose to get the full terp profile. mmmmm.

The buds really do matter to...that pure bud hash i made was 25 to 120 micron only...the 23 gram piece is all melty. Now i get it.

And the flavor of that....well its close to kief terps. What a pita to keep lit but i will accept that minor problem for the effect.

if i didnt have it in my fridge i think i would buy an ice maker.....or a stainless steel frency cannoli monster hash maker....i dont think i would ever smoke flower again.

This diversion brought to you by full melt hash....holy shit that is better than rosin !

I do believe a 5 gallon washer is plenty....steady as she goes there man...i have to talk myself down a lot...i have always been a fan of turning it up to 11.
"making keif" is fun. It's always like opening a present when you get done and check the results!

I got a cheapo stackable screen set that works great. They are only 6" diameter but it has deep sides. 120-96-66 micron succession.
Once I get my big pile out of the 220, running small batches is easy.

I also got a set of the one gallon full-mesh bags. With a stick blender (whisk) it works great and isn't too messy.

I like both, but I mainly smoke it as is like you. Spice up a cone, top a bowl, whatever. But I tried frenchies hash method on a little.

It's a lot of work, so after three months when it's cured I'll see if it's worth the extra time and effort over raw keif.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

You can double the layers of 200 micron screens and it will catch more leaf matter that would normally fall straight through by the 'wheat straw" shape of "hairs" ans tiny stems.
Should be around 100 microns.
Not sure, someone with more knowledge on the subject like Johnny B. or Bubbleman. I learned it from them.