Dry sieve

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
So got an ounce of my dry ice sift done yesterday night, did like I said, did it all through the 220 first then ran all of that sift through the 160 and 70 micron bags, saved what went through the 160 and what stayed on top of the 7020200131_170220.jpg
20200131_170315.jpg20200131_170351.jpg
The second container is the 220 mixed with the sub 70 micron stuff, both are stanky AF and tasty to boot
20200131_170327.jpg

Attachments

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Thanks, it smokes pretty dam smooth I'm definitely not complaining
I have some water hash from last year. It is so gummy and sticky.
It tastes excellent. If you want to store your harvest, do a dry sift run with your kief. Get you a "smooth texture" paint roller, wrap a pc of parchment paper around it and take it across your kief on the screen, static electricity will separate the trichomes from the contaminate. You will have "full melt" hash when you are finished.
Take the remaining trim and make ice water hash with it.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
I am trying to make it a habit not to jump in on hash talk anymore, Got censored on another site, not worth arguing about. I am set in my ways.

That video that @stiickygreen posted is one of my faves & demonstrates some important pressing points that most folks are missing, however how many screens diid the Afghanis use? Generally a single piece of silk in the 160-180 micron range.

That said I keep one of these 150 screens around, for the price it works fine,

+1 on @gwheels trim bin suggestion. I usually do a second sift out anything below 25 microns before pressing.

Also if you already have the bubble bags just clamp a 160 bag to a frisbee & use it for dry sift.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
You can use something like a soft toothbrush once the bag is really dry and brush from both side. I had some screens get gummed up somewhat and did that then used canned air to finish up the job by blowing out the screen.

I let my product get dry then set on parchment in an area with our dehumidifier for a few hours before screening. I just dry sift no dry ice.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So how are you guys cleaning your screens/bags, mine gummed up pretty good, guessing the material wasn't dry enough
I have a stainless mesh screen and I use isopropyl. Spray it with some, hit it with a toothbrush, then spray more iso to rinse it. If you aren't trying to save it, do this on paper towels. Should also work on the bubble bags.

For the bags, if you don't want to use iso or put them in the wash you could use Dawn dish soap and hot water. Soak it with the soap first and brush it around, then a bucket of hot water.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you want the easiest way possible just grind up some of your favorite herb, Put just enough in the bowl to protect whatever screen you use (or just use the screen) then put a layer of keif over that.

Edited - and if nothing is clogged up you can just keep adding layers of keif. That green screen will keep it from clogging even once it's ash

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
I may try kneading some of those pucks instead of just pressing them.
Bingo! The real key to quality. Kneading makes all the difference in the world, longer you work it the better it gets, should pull almost ljke taffy when first done. If using dry sift a small amount of moisture may be necessary. Try it side by side. Forget those rock hard pucks, just pressed kief. Real hash is so much better.

Seal it in natural cellophane to age. longer it ages the better it gets as the existing chlorophyll is absorbed. Amazon has little premade cellophane bags that work great.

So how are you guys cleaning your screens/bags, mine gummed up pretty good,
Clean bags are vital. I clean between every run, like @H.A.F. said alcohol with toothbrush, frisbee works good there too,

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Bingo! The real key to quality. Kneading makes all the difference in the world, longer you work it the better it gets, should pull almost ljke taffy when first done. If using dry sift a small amount of moisture may be necessary. Try it side by side. Forget those rock hard pucks, just pressed kief. Real hash is so much better.
Decarbing the keif made it fairly sticky but I pressed that into pucks. Now that I intend to make hash, I think going right from the warm decarb to the kneading would be primo.

The Nova does take almost all of the water out though, so some might need to be added as you go.

I want to try with fresh and decarbed and compare.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
@Baja.Beaches @stiickygreen
Both of you guys...i watched and read what you said...no arguments here.

I was content with my fresh hash....but when you hit a poundage mark and you are over your limit...well i think i need to make MORE hash and store it better (age it).

Seriously thanks....i had no idea hash was this easy to make. And I love kief and water hash...you just need a lot of product to make that freezing hand shit worth it in my not humble opinion.

The meek will inherit it but i want it NOW !!

My mind is massive but i go SQUIRREL with thoughts all day long...retirement is awesome!

@H.A.F. why do i want to just eat that block of hash.....:D

Imagine if you will....in my life i have never seen more than 1 oz of hash in 1 place...and then i made 3oz of hash.

And it was Baja and Stiiky that made me see the possibility.

and your trim....freeze it (I have a spare freezer for this...but i live in Canada so we have freezers). And you get free hash....well you have to add ice and water but hash from trim....

That trim hash is the shit people get at the rez....real buds make epic hash.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@gwheels I'm learning too! And the squirrel-poundage-retired thing is exactly what I am rolling in.

That lump is mixed up grinder keif. And it isn't cured. And it tastes it. And it packs a PUNCH! 😎

But I agree, If I have a strain I notice I haven't had the urge to dive into for a while it might go into the hash-pile. Good to have options.

I was also thinking about that to preserve a good portion of each grow. I'm just not a dab guy. I think it would definitely keep better than flowers.

I want to see what's better before I start demolishing buds though. I have about 10g of 120m and under trim keif saved up, still separated by strains. So I am vacuuming up ideas to decide what to try.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since I am smoking it decarb isn't necessary - but to get hash heat is needed. Guy in the hash video laid it on a fire-toasted pan - I think my way is safer :) The Nova will stay one option.

I think nuking it for a few seconds might be the other for the fresh keif until it gets kneadable. After that hot water will probably do.

The rolling pin and silicone sheet worked well. I saw one video where they filled a glass bottle with hot water to use for rolling.