Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Ever heard of testing the damn teachers? Strawman arguments are what start to piss me off and make me call you bad names.
Hmmm, I thought what made you call people bad names is your inability to buttress your argument with a better argument when somebody challenges your premise?

For instance, now you want to throw more of others people money at a monopolistic government school system which uses extortion (funded by force rather than choice) and then claims to be all about "teaching kids not to bully". Oh dear.

Why not "allow" people who like to teach, to present their service (open their own business without forcible intervention) and "allow" consumers to gravitate to the ones that meet their needs? An actual free market in "education services" vs a forcibly funded government indoctrination agenda.

I mean that could never work, right? Everybody MUST shop at Walmart, or only buy a Buick! (Eyeroll)

Consumer choice in a free market is the best way to sharpen the skills of service providers. For instance if you sold crappy weed and everyone HAD to buy your weed, or pay you even when they didn't use or want to buy your weed, about how incentivized would you be to improve your product?

The element of consumer free choice, is what gives service providers the market signal to either keep doing what they're doing or to change what they're doing if consumers are gravitating to the competition who is providing a better service. When a consumer can "fire" a poor service provider, the free market has a built in quality assurance mechanism which is ethical and supports freedom. Won't get any better than that.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Im sure they are or plan on testing the teachers but I dont think that testing the teachers is going to do too much, it will help though. If just ONE of the kids bring the virus into the school from the store, home, playground, whatever, It will be like sending the virus to a all-inclusive 5 star resort.
Many of the teachers and students have a better chance of dying in a car accident or being killed by police than dying from the virus though.

If kids and teachers have and maintain decent immune systems, it will be like sending the virus to a strip club where it can "look but don't touch".
The best way to give that naughty virus blueballs is vitamin c, vitamin D and being physically active, outside in fresh air.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Maybe just shave one side ? C'mon man, compromise!

View attachment 63373
Geeze where was this pic...i could have done this the last year of my employment.

I grew a gandalf instead...i didnt shave for 2 years just because it was so funny in the board room. And it looks like my beard was in a tornado every day.

In breaking covid news....i found the wahl peanut clipper and the Wheels household is gettiing haircuts and beard trims....i feel inspired.

It would have been funnier if the beard and hair were on different sides.

Maybe its a republican flourishing into a liberal or something...call the haircut the metamorphassis

Venus

Water boy
Fake virus......the virus is fake.........I mean x number of people die every year from the flu.............and I don't know antbody that died...........it must be fake

and yet The US is buying the world supply of remdesivir. Might as well buy up the old ebola vaccine because the virus increase is only due to more testing. Everybody knows that.

Yep, this virus never happened. But it's good we just bought 500,000 courses of the drug through September. At 6.25 vials per course.....
That's 3 million 125 thousand vials to get thru september.

Why would they do that? Maybe some of you virus deniers could explain the finer points of this purchase.

HHS has secured more than 500,000 treatment courses of the drug for American hospitals through September. This represents 100 percent of Gilead’s projected production for July (94,200 treatment courses), 90 percent of production in August (174,900 treatment courses), and 90 percent of production in September (232,800 treatment courses), in addition to an allocation for clinical trials. A treatment course of remdesivir is, on average, 6.25 vials.

It's fake right............made up by the media, so why is Trump buying up all the meds?
To keep the cover up 😜

Venus

Water boy
I wish there was some way to verify it BUT I would guess 99% of everyone saying they will never wear a mask, is in fact wearing one when they go out. They will never admit it but they aint stupid as there posts show, Hell with the extra income made in this hobby they probably have the best masks made. Just saying.:ROFLMAO:
If it helps u sleep at night to think that then who am I to object.

(I say I don’t wear a mask and I mean I don’t wear a mask)

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Geeze where was this pic...i could have done this the last year of my employment.

I grew a gandalf instead...i didnt shave for 2 years just because it was so funny in the board room. And it looks like my beard was in a tornado every day.

In breaking covid news....i found the wahl peanut clipper and the Wheels household is gettiing haircuts and beard trims....i feel inspired.

It would have been funnier if the beard and hair were on different sides.

Maybe its a republican flourishing into a liberal or something...call the haircut the metamorphassis
LOL! If I recall correctly, he did that when he was done filming "Last man on earth" and showed up at an awards ceremony that way.

Venus

Water boy
Ok.......I pose this question to the swiss cheese squad on their inflated virus number claims to get more money form the gubmnt.

Why would Brazil, Russia or India be inflating their numbers?
Is Pelosi behind that too?

hahahahahhah
Sorry I’m stoned and slightly tipsy and don’t have the greatest political knowledge... but wouldn’t it be for the same reasons?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
@Venus the point is it is not a global plot. Brazil is fucked. No politicking will fix it.

I believe each sovereign nation should do what they choose and stop all travel from countries that have controls that are not as stringent. Problem solved.

The mask is so you dont make other people sick.

If a sick person wears a mask and you dont transmission is lower

if a well person wears a mask and the sick person doesnt transmission is lower

if both of you wear a fucking mask the transmission is almost non existant.

so you CAN choose

fuck the world or save it.

I am a good Canuck eh so i always choose to save this ball of shit we all live it and even the people i dont like that live on it.

Venus

Water boy
Ok I wasn’t going to bore everyone with my motherly knowledge but it seems apt about now.

I’m sure people have heard about norovirus aka gastroenteritis. Highly contagious and air borne and on surfaces.

I’d never had it before until my then 3yo got it from daycare. He woke up at midnight had vomited everywhere, was unsettled until 4am and was back to normal when we woke. So I put it down to the rare steak I fed him the nite before. That was a Saturday nite. Come Monday morning I thought I was going to die and it lasted a good 24hrs. Daddy got it the following morning.

Fast forward two yrs my son wakes and has vomited everywhere and this continues for the next 8hrs. Now I’m frantically changing sheets taking pjs off cleaning up splatters and spew bowls and the whole time thinking I never want to feel that again but I can’t exactly be washing my hands or using sanitiser after each and every movement.. so rather than washing my hands I WATCHED them. The entire day and until he was sound asleep that night. Then I went thru the home and sprayed disinfectant on every surface and door knob and draw handle, and then took a shower. I never got it. His dad was at work that day and came down with it two mornings after and off I went again Watching my hands.

My point being, j do not need some appointed authoritive body to tell me how to physically look after myself when I am very capable of keeping my own self safe. If governments were really that concerned about my health and well being then all the major fast food chains would be closed down and charged.

It’s a matter of conformity and control. Like George Carlin says
, “They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them.”

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Ok I wasn’t going to bore everyone with my motherly knowledge but it seems apt about now.

I’m sure people have heard about norovirus aka gastroenteritis. Highly contagious and air borne and on surfaces.

I’d never had it before until my then 3yo got it from daycare. He woke up at midnight had vomited everywhere, was unsettled until 4am and was back to normal when we woke. So I put it down to the rare steak I fed him the nite before. That was a Saturday nite. Come Monday morning I thought I was going to die and it lasted a good 24hrs. Daddy got it the following morning.

Fast forward two yrs my son wakes and has vomited everywhere and this continues for the next 8hrs. Now I’m frantically changing sheets taking pjs off cleaning up splatters and spew bowls and the whole time thinking I never want to feel that again but I can’t exactly be washing my hands or using sanitiser after each and every movement.. so rather than washing my hands I WATCHED them. The entire day and until he was sound asleep that night. Then I went thru the home and sprayed disinfectant on every surface and door knob and draw handle, and then took a shower. I never got it. His dad was at work that day and came down with it two mornings after and off I went again Watching my hands.

My point being, j do not need some appointed authoritive body to tell me how to physically look after myself when I am very capable of keeping my own self safe. If governments were really that concerned about my health and well being then all the major fast food chains would be closed down and charged.

It’s a matter of conformity and control. Like George Carlin says
, “They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them.”
It’s a formula that’s prolonged through the ages and some might argue but people aren’t born stupid , they are simply denied the right to a decent education and hence the ability to process and apply logic .

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If a sick person wears a mask and you dont transmission is lower

if a well person wears a mask and the sick person doesnt transmission is lower

if both of you wear a fucking mask the transmission is almost non existant.
Exactly the lies the media is pushing. If you are sick it will stop projectile saliva - not viruses - but it helps.
If you are well it does nothing to keep a virus out. M95 mask 95 microns. Virus 10-20 microns.
All you keif sorters should get that.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
For all the people going ape-shit about the "rising positive numbers" - some facts.
View attachment 63398
Facts????? lmao

Yeah, why not manipulate the info to suit your argument. That screen shot only tells HAF the story about testing.

The viral test is what matters and what's being used to determine if you have covid. The antibody test you are clinging to as an example, measures past exposures and in a more general way. You get a positive on an antibodie test, then you'll take the viral test to see if you actually have it.

And all that info can be found on the CDC website, the same one in your screen shot.

You have to work on your information manipulation............not passable currently. :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The antibody test you are clinging to as an example, measures past exposures and in a more general way.
Wake up.

The antibody test is what they are using in all the drive-thru testing sites and pretty much everywhere not in a hospital with a sick patient.

The antibody test is the fast result one that was easy to mass produce and distribute.

It is most definitely included in all the damn numbers they are adding up.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Wake up.

The antibody test is what they are using in all the drive-thru testing sites and pretty much everywhere not in a hospital with a sick patient.

The antibody test is the fast result one that was easy to mass produce and distribute.

It is most definitely included in all the damn numbers they are adding up.
Ahhhhh.......OK you are proving that you don't know what you are talking about. I don't even think you read the CDC site, that screenshot you put up is probably some meme crap from an orange man good site.

So here you go.........here's a screen shot from the CDC's actual website istead of some grab ass meme..
It says not to use the antibody test to diagnose COVID-19.
I'm awake, I'm just not shovelin like you are.
CDC.jpg
Jeeez, that's like TOTALLY WRONG. More research and less rallying would lead to something more accurate then memes.

Status
Not open for further replies.