CBD Pic Thread

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
Damn, you did a great job with that one....the budz looks very frosty....
It's been a great journey watching and learning with these CBD plants. They have all started out pretty slow in veg but boom in flower and put out some decent yields of frosty budz...
Now all we have is the cure and smoke test...or we're you going to make oil??
Either way 👏👏👏

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Damn, you did a great job with that one....the budz looks very frosty....
It's been a great journey watching and learning with these CBD plants. They have all started out pretty slow in veg but boom in flower and put out some decent yields of frosty budz...
Now all we have is the cure and smoke test...or we're you going to make oil??
Either way 👏👏👏
I’m going to dry and cure it just like anything else. Most of it will probably go to oil, depending on the THC level, but some of the best buds will be reserved for smoking.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
The girls are chunkin' up! The breeder told me there were two distinct phenos and it looks like I've got both of them in this grow.

Day 37 of flower...
View attachment 84159

View attachment 84160

View attachment 84161

View attachment 84162

View attachment 84163

View attachment 84164
Wow, those are looking Fantastic! I harvested mine 13 days ago and they just hit jars yesterday. I can’t wait for them to cure up a bit so I can try it. Smell is very sweet!

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
How do you know you have a high CBD plant? I have a couple of packs of Bad Dawg freebies that are Harlequin BX x Sunshine 4. So obviously, the Harlequin is a high CBD plant crossed to a THC plant. I assume the goal is a high CBD plant with some buzz. The seed box now has a cbd section. :) But I have planted nothing because I am unsure of how to test what I grow.

Any ideas? How do you know what you got/get? I'd rather a high CBD plant on it's own...like getting a harlequin leaner

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
How do you know you have a high CBD plant? I have a couple of packs of Bad Dawg freebies that are Harlequin BX x Sunshine 4. So obviously, the Harlequin is a high CBD plant crossed to a THC plant. I assume the goal is a high CBD plant with some buzz. The seed box now has a cbd section. :) But I have planted nothing because I am unsure of how to test what I grow.

Any ideas? How do you know what you got/get? I'd rather a high CBD plant on it's own...like getting a harlequin leaner
Just like any other seeds we buy a lot of it is trust in the breeder and seed companies. That’s one reason I went with Hoku Seed Co for my seeds. CBD and CBG strains legally classified as hemp are what he specializes in.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Just like any other seeds we buy a lot of it is trust in the breeder and seed companies. That’s one reason I went with Hoku Seed Co for my seeds. CBD and CBG strains legally classified as hemp are what he specializes in.
Thanks, I will check them out. I think that I will pass on all these CBD crosses I've accumulated for now. I'd much rather have or start with a CBD only plant.
CBD x THC just muddies the waters for me, with no effective way to tell what you got when your done.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Thanks, I will check them out. I think that I will pass on all these CBD crosses I've accumulated for now. I'd much rather have or start with a CBD only plant.
CBD x THC just muddies the waters for me, with no effective way to tell what you got when your done.
Exactly my thoughts. I want only CBD. If I want THC, I’ve got plenty of that.

As far as testing goes, I’ll be able to tell from my neck arthritis . If my neck gets sore, it ain’t working.

printer

Super Active Member
The first time I bought CBD only weed I smoked half a (thin) joint and, felt nothing. Which was great. So testing is kind of easy, is my brain still normal? Does my body feel normal? My old normal, not my neuropathic normal. If I do anything to set it off it feels like I have been rolling around in fiberglass. If a plant takes that away and leaves my head clear I'll be happy if it is 8% or 18%.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
The first time I bought CBD only weed I smoked half a (thin) joint and, felt nothing. Which was great. So testing is kind of easy, is my brain still normal? Does my body feel normal? My old normal, not my neuropathic normal. If I do anything to set it off it feels like I have been rolling around in fiberglass. If a plant takes that away and leaves my head clear I'll be happy if it is 8% or 18%.
And if you popped the whole pack and got THC leaners?

I get that you can test by effect or smoking....but with that method, you test for yourself , ..so feedback that way is individual interpretation and not quantified in any way. I was wanting something a bit more precise in terms of testing.

My pack of 10 Harlequin BX x Sunshine 4......... statistically, will bring 25% of one parent leaner, 25% of the other parent leaner and a 50%mix and that just seems to dilute the genetics, when you already had a Harlequin BX3 to begin with and now you have no easy way to measure what you made.

There's also legality....cbd is legal and thc is not. So testing might be important if you are offering CBD products and giving products that are tainted with thc.