Capt. C's Wheelhouse Grow

BerryNice

Super Active Member
Very cool my man . That is a worth while discovery. Do you think the plants are being stressed during this treatment? I have done a lot of reading on growing weed and i have never herd of this. Not that that means anything.
I would assume it is somewhat stressful to them but nothing that they don’t seem to be able to handle

I think other things we do like training and pruning wise are more stressful

I don’t see any major like leaf related stress maybe some extra sweating if I do not defoliate them

I do not see anymore or less balls on the fems I run and I don’t notice any taste or potency

I did notice that it seems to knock a few days to a week off for me also because I keep them small and lily pop the small stuff

I keep having people suggest to me don’t let the night time temps get too low they will more likely to stretch with cooler temps

Nothing about higher dark time temps so I tried it and for me it works

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I would assume it is somewhat stressful to them but nothing that they don’t seem to be able to handle

I think other things we do like training and pruning wise are more stressful

I don’t see any major like leaf related stress maybe some extra sweating if I do not defoliate them

I do not see anymore or less balls on the fems I run and I don’t notice any taste or potency

I did notice that it seems to knock a few days to a week off for me also because I keep them small and lily pop the small stuff

I keep having people suggest to me don’t let the night time temps get too low they will more likely to stretch with cooler temps

Nothing about higher dark time temps so I tried it and for me it works
On my next round i would like to experiment with this some. I will have to put a heat source in the flower room to reach those temps.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
On my next round i would like to experiment with this some. I will have to put a heat source in the flower room to reach those temps.
Here is one example it actually stretching more then I would like but it is under 1k hps all by itself so it’s gonna stretch a little more with full power

This is 10
Days into flip and I have the temps coming down now 2 degree per day

the stretch is almost over basically this is a chocolate diesel by useful

Attachments

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Here is one example it actually stretching more then I would like but it is under 1k hps all by itself so it’s gonna stretch a little more with full power

This is 10

Looks like they may have doubled in height at the most. Well done! What type of heat source do you use to reach those temps at lights out?

Highsince76

Super Active Member

This is 10

Very interesting. I think we just experienced this somewhat (unintentionally) on our grow this round at my growmies place. It really slowed our Black Zafiro down, but the Bridezilla not so much. We have been battling heat and humidity for a month+ now.

I have read in the past, some guys claiming stretch can be slowed drastically by putting them under MH for the first 2-3wks of flower.

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Okay i think i might have a thing for BONDAGE. HAHa. I am trying the zip tie method to see if i can slow lateral growth on a single stem. I can not remember who i was talking to about this but i am experimenting with it. View attachment 15110
Haha cool. I tried that with the solo cups for a bit, it looks like it worked. It was @NoWaistedSpace with the genius trick. Gonna try it on some other stuff I have going on soon.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Lol, y'all beat me to the zip tie answer.
@BerryNice
So with the high lights out temps, what are your lights on temps?
I'm currently having a heat wave here, and my temps only sway between low 80's off to low 90's on temps.
And I still get a good bit of stretching, it's been this way for about 3 to 4 weeks now. Lol
@BerryNice said his daytime temps are around 75 degrees so pretty much the opposite of what would normally be the case.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Haha, fuck me, but I can't even get the main shop below 79, let alone below 80 in any of the rooms. Lmfao. There is no heat or ac for the shop. 😭
I need an ac unit in there, lol, shits so hot and its not even August yet.
This would not be a easy task for some grow set ups.When and if you ever put ac out there you should consider one of those high sear split units . Plus you can get one that does the heat as well.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Lol, y'all beat me to the zip tie answer.
@BerryNice
So with the high lights out temps, what are your lights on temps?
I'm currently having a heat wave here, and my temps only sway between low 80's off to low 90's on temps.
And I still get a good bit of stretching, it's been this way for about 3 to 4 weeks now. Lol
I would kill with a butter knife for low 80s in the garage. Maybe severely punish for low 90s.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
She is done for the most part stretching but I can see it gonna need a dolly for transporting from room to room

I am looking into remote control cars that could possible tow my plants back and forth for me

This is basically gonna be a difficult plants for me all the lower branches are right at canopy level

This is chocolate diesel from useful seeds and I think It’s going to stink the whole block out haha