Capt. C's Wheelhouse Grow

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I'm glad it is working for you. I never used them that much in flower, but veg, you can fill your plants to a density in "cubic" square feet I'll bet you could speed up reg plants showing sex sooner.(Only if the "Volcano Seed" theory is 100% fem correct). @Heathenraider is testing that one. You might have to leave them covered a week maybe 10 days? Or close them off 6 hrs or so when lights on, then let them breath in darkness? Do it with one or 2 tops on a plant. It's "kinda" is like a "DEP". lol
I never thought about testing to see if it actually does speed sexing up. You are blocking a few sites, but can it do harm? Hell if I know.
This is for you all to test out. This could greatly help in keeping "no wasted space" in your garden. lol
I test for stability and treat my plants like shit now a days. lol
Shit, I almost forgot. Nice crop you got going there. I have some of the "Hbean man's" WC mom clones and SLH x WC clones about the same size(<3ft)
They are sick and very unhappy at the present. I put them through the "test". Not always on my terms. lol But in the end, if the smoke turns out excellent?
I have a winner.
What is this "volcano seed" theory you speak of? I've seen mention of a female reg seed looking different than a male seed, but not really any details.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Looking real nice Capt, good job! Keeping em under control and in style to boot. Very efficient use of space and light.
You got a shot of ECSD branch and buds? Would like to see if they're forming like mine, would give some insight. Remind me, are these H beans?
Thank you @spyralout . I will try and get some better shots next week of the ecsd . Me and my kodak suck at taking pictures. I not sure how we wound up with a decent shot of the WC on July's POTM.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I'm glad it is working for you. I never used them that much in flower, but veg, you can fill your plants to a density in "cubic" square feet I'll bet you could speed up reg plants showing sex sooner.(Only if the "Volcano Seed" theory is 100% fem correct). @Heathenraider is testing that one. You might have to leave them covered a week maybe 10 days? Or close them off 6 hrs or so when lights on, then let them breath in darkness? Do it with one or 2 tops on a plant. It's "kinda" is like a "DEP". lol
I never thought about testing to see if it actually does speed sexing up. You are blocking a few sites, but can it do harm? Hell if I know.
This is for you all to test out. This could greatly help in keeping "no wasted space" in your garden. lol
I test for stability and treat my plants like shit now a days. lol
Shit, I almost forgot. Nice crop you got going there. I have some of the "Hbean man's" WC mom clones and SLH x WC clones about the same size(<3ft)
They are sick and very unhappy at the present. I put them through the "test". Not always on my terms. lol But in the end, if the smoke turns out excellent?
I have a winner.
I was way off on my first run of the WC never did get her fully dialed in. Maybe my second go will be better. She can be a finicky witch. My issues started about the 4th week in flower with her.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
GG4 & ECSD week 4 update: The stretch is over not as bad as i thought it would be but i stayed on top of them. I super cropped at week 1 and week 2. The third week i stared using the zip ties to slow some growth on tall branches( method learned by @NoWaistedSpace )View attachment 16536View attachment 16539View attachment 16540View attachment 16541View attachment 16542. I think the canopy came out awesome . I had to shim up the ECSD to match the gg4 in height. Every thing is still on cruise control. The one close up shot is the gg4 starting to frost up.

Any balls or nanners surface on any of the lowers

I found a few just took them off and seems okay now

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I was way off on my first run of the WC never did get her fully dialed in. Maybe my second go will be better. She can be a finicky witch. My issues started about the 4th week in flower with her.
It took me awhile to figure her out. Still haven't. She is a strange one.
Could have a way bigger yield but it was "grower error". lol
Here are a couple shotsSAM_0390.JPG. SAM_0386 (1).JPG
Beautiful colors in this weed.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
I really need to look into learning more about the breeding and hormone parts of growing

I start to check day 10 and usually check daily until week 6

I do not get into the drama side of the balls and nanners I just start to pick them off and hope for best usually everything is fine

I over check and just remove anything i see and the only time i ever had seeds is first time bc i didnt catch in time self polinated

For me small plants and personal use I can manage the ones that throw balls

But man i could see a huge crop getting wrecked if people get lazy

Last edited:

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
GG4 & ECSD week 5 update: Cruising right along both strains are starting to frost up nicely. ECSD on the left and GG4 on the right. Close up bud shots are GG4 and the last shot i added a additional 6" fan to try and discourage any more fungus gnats. Thanks to Lexa these ladies listen to classical music all day. Spoiled rotten they are!

Attachments

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Getting ready to check the thumbnails. Wanted to toss this at ya.
I buy "sticky traps" by the roll. lol
Very nice, and very clean set up.
I have some clones of WC and SLH x WC about the same size. I don't like to take "full" pics of garden, being considered a "flowering outlaw" in a "concentrated" state. lol

Last edited:

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Getting ready to check the thumbnails. Wanted to toss this at ya.
I buy "sticky traps" by the roll. lol
Good to know. I have had the yellow sticky's on deck for better than 6 years and have never had to use them until now. This is my first round indoors during the summer so i am sure that is what the problem has been with the gnat's that and i have been keeping my coco wetter than i used to also.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I think those come in 30ft roll x 10" width?
Same as the cards, just not buying the cardboard backing. They are sticky as hell too.
I get hung up on them all the time. lol
@Growyourown needs a roll of this for their pet, "Jet Liner George" to haul more passengers. lol
There's a name for a good Sativa strain. lol