Capt. C's Wheelhouse Grow

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Nice Capt! You say good things about that white diesel. Very curious to see the diff between the GGs.
I hated smart pot brand. No handles! It got really annoying when moving around 25+ 5-7 gal pots.
Those 3 gallon pots sell for 1.25 ea. They also retain water better than the smart pot. I remember when using the smart pots you had to make sure you watered them slowly. Not that there is anything wrong with the smart pots other than there price points.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Just a quick up date GG4 WD Mac. Week 1 of 12/12. Several have doubled in height in one week. I love the 12/12 stretch such explosive growth. The 2 on the front left are the White diesel fems . They sure aren't much alike. At the end of next week i will start doing some defoliating and super cropping to try and even the canopyWD,Mac, GG4 week 1 003.JPG up a little.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Just a quick up date GG4 WD Mac. Week 1 of 12/12. Several have doubled in height in one week. I love the 12/12 stretch such explosive growth. The 2 on the front left are the White diesel fems . They sure aren't much alike. At the end of next week i will start doing some defoliating and super cropping to try and even the canopyView attachment 41731 up a little.
You're in BOOM stage, I love that stage too 👍

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Just a quick up date GG4 WD Mac. Week 1 of 12/12. Several have doubled in height in one week. I love the 12/12 stretch such explosive growth. The 2 on the front left are the White diesel fems . They sure aren't much alike. At the end of next week i will start doing some defoliating and super cropping to try and even the canopyView attachment 41731 up a little.
Your already doing a great job on the canopy!

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I have a burple that draws 370 watts( 144 5w diodes ) at the wall and it going in the center and will have a HLG Elite 360 on each side of it. Will be a 1100 watt total. Burple Bandaid Hybrid- 1100. The HLG's are shaped like a bandaid.LOL I will post some picture once i get it together.
Nice. Watch it be a crazy combo and people start dusting off the blurples lol. I still use mine.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Nice. Watch it be a crazy combo and people start dusting off the blurples lol. I still use mine.
I always thought that the potency was there with the blurples just not the hardness of the buds. Man i would hate to be in the grow light business hard to keep up with the changing technology. I think there was a lot of investment money pumped into companies like Black Dog. Actually i am not sure at all how Black Dog is doing financially i would think they would be concerned over all the new technology in lighting.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I always thought that the potency was there with the blurples just not the hardness of the buds. Man i would hate to be in the grow light business hard to keep up with the changing technology. I think there was a lot of investment money pumped into companies like Black Dog. Actually i am not sure at all how Black Dog is doing financially i would think they would be concerned over all the new technology in lighting.
The blurples have generally made more frost than HPS in my experience. At least the "better blurples" like the Viparspectra PAR series. I agree the buds aren't as dense. I think it's partially due to the true watts they pull, and the 5w Epistar LEDs from that generation aren't as good as any of the QB/DIY stuff with Samsung (and equivalent) diodes. I'll still find a good use for em.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I bought my black dog not doing much research. They pay good money cause their name popped up quick on a google search. Live and learn. It’s a good light just fuckin expensive. I think they have a newer version being released this year.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I bought my black dog not doing much research. They pay good money cause their name popped up quick on a google search. Live and learn. It’s a good light just fuckin expensive. I think they have a newer version being released this year.
I ran a pair of Black Dog 200's in a 2x4 and got really good results. I had one diesel strain i got almost a gram a watt from them. However i felt like the buds were not hard enough. I switched to a HPS and got the results i was looking for. Just have to try and deal with the heat. And yes they are expensive but certainly a quality built unit. The guy i sold them to was a professional grower. He was using them to mix with CMH lights.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I am seeing that CMH is best used in a mix. Most of the plants that I've run that have direct CMH do not respond as well as the plants with a mix. They have a tendency to stretch more and produce foxtails. The CMH really makes em frost up pretty hard and as seen in Capt's buds (also in some of my recent harvests) the trichs become "fuzzy" looking. Under a scope you can really see the difference. I am going to try and incorporate some sort of CMH exposure in my next RDWC run along with better quality LED. If it can't work out logistically, then I intend on doing some sort of Red and/or UV supplementation.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I'm really liking the led cmh combo results from what I'm seeing. I jumped on that bandwagon. Lol
I haven't really noticed the stretch you speak of though from the cmh.
It's been mixed with led from the get go though.
Qb's on one side and cobs on the other, with the cmh in the middle of my 4' x 8.5' flower room.
1020 watts of led, and the 315 cmh.
The qb rig I have, its got uv and ir to it.
I'm imagining the set up in my head and it looks fucking sweet. There is definitely something to that CMH. Maybe not as the main source but as a "bit more than supplemental" light. With bare bulb, they can get pretty close to a plant. I've tested the limits and got some burn when a top was right next to it, like an inch away. The glow of the bare bulb gives a bit of exposure to a lot more plants. In the same tent, a CMH in a horizontal HPS hood is concentrated on one tote of plants. It gets about 90% CMH and 10% HPS. Every plant is more stretchy and lanky (not in a bad way) as opposed to plants under just HPS. We'll see how things look in a couple of weeks, they're just starting to exit the awkward teen phase and fill in more.