Bobs buds and bees

twobitbob

Super Active Member
1 week since transplant
Watering with the KNF inputs
One rootwise day after transplant
Recharge today, not sure if it’s over kill using both but I’m planning on rootwise one week recharge the next I think the rootwise has all of the same bacteria plus the other goodies and I think they measure it like Paul Stamets.
Getting the trellis ready for two layers this time. Try to get a good even canopy before flip
Pretty much have them all sexed one paid vacation I can’t tell yet

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’ve see people selling it around the web
Other than selling access to his knowledge at conferences or whatever, how did Chris Trump monetize the KNF stuff? I'm sure there was a book that people could read without buying, etc. I'm not saying that anything in KNF is inherently bad or that him trying to make a dollar is bad.

If you are in the KNF cult making your WCA out of eggshells and vinegar to get calcium is a process. By the end of the first batch you get "WCA"

But if you are looking through a dozen shelves of nute-bottles at the grow store, seeing a generic looking one that says "WCA" probably isn't a head turner. But labeled as knfStructure I now can associate it with the cool mambers of that cult, and without joining I can guess what it's for! ;)

So all I meant was it's a blatant marketing adjustment - but who's making the dollar?

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Other than selling access to his knowledge at conferences or whatever, how did Chris Trump monetize the KNF stuff? I'm sure there was a book that people could read without buying, etc. I'm not saying that anything in KNF is inherently bad or that him trying to make a dollar is bad.

If you are in the KNF cult making your WCA out of eggshells and vinegar to get calcium is a process. By the end of the first batch you get "WCA"

But if you are looking through a dozen shelves of nute-bottles at the grow store, seeing a generic looking one that says "WCA" probably isn't a head turner. But labeled as knfStructure I now can associate it with the cool mambers of that cult, and without joining I can guess what it's for! ;)

So all I meant was it's a blatant marketing adjustment - but who's making the dollar?
Good question
As far as I’ve seen the KNF foundation in Hawaii doesn’t sell the bottled ferments
They sell the book and courses.
I have seen miles Filipe From Fermented plant extracts is selling KNF through build a soul.
When I first learned some of this stuff it was from grass city forums I believe
From Lumperdawgz I didn’t even know hk
And coot where the same back then
So that was where it all started for a lot of people including the big guys in Colorado from what I understand.

the unconventional farmer from Gil carandang whom lumper was quoting back then started a sitethat made it much easier to find info instead of sifting through forum.

That’s my history with it all anyhow when I started looking it all up again I was pretty surprised to see how far along it had come
10 years ago not many even knew what LABS was most people growing know what it is now

Last edited:

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Paid Vacations, the one on the left has been having the leaf roll a bit been trying to get the humidity dialed in better I wish I would've bought an ac infinity humidifier when they had them.
But its doing better and the one on the right is been pretty happy the whole time, planning on taking cuts from the right one.584DCE9C-0100-422A-8EDB-560C4C8B3080_1_201_a.jpeg

twobitbob

Super Active Member
The 10 Gal pots that were amended with craft blend and Mustard Meal, and they are pretty dark green, maybe a little overboard.
I put those two in the tens because the Paid Vacation on the left I think is a male, the right one is the unknown and it has pistils but it also has a possible male preflower so I'll be watching it for hermie surprise if I see any its out.

Planted some lettuce, Swiss chard, radish, spinach, chamomile, basil in the pots in the corner I've been craving some winter greens.B0C81943-0A70-49FD-BFBD-A63A30F674ED_1_201_a.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
This was the ingredient that blew the whole KNF cult thing for me. I thought about the brown sugar not being local sometime after that one ;)

Ginseng does grow wild in the US though so I am sure this could be cultivated. I lean towards looking for something local that can fill the same needs.
There's plenty of Ginseng around, mainly WV and Kentucky and the whereabouts are kept protected.
People hunt it to make money and grow their own patches.
You should hunt in a National Forest if you wanna try to find it on your own.
It's getting harder to find the wild root, but it's more potent than the cultivated.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There's plenty of Ginseng around, mainly WV and Kentucky and the whereabouts are kept protected.
People hunt it to make money and grow their own patches.
You should hunt in a National Forest if you wanna try to find it on your own.
It's getting harder to find the wild root, but it's more potent than the cultivated.
I've seen the TV show... :ROFLMAO:

I just meant that while the angelic root is a traditionally Oriental plant, so is ginseng. If ginseng can grow here then angielic root should also.

I have no comfrey local to my property. I planted some. Now it's local. I'm cool with that and if you want to start some angelic root so you can do a local OHN then rock on! That's what it's (or should be) all about.

But there's still the issue with the brown sugar. I haven't thought of a local sugar substitute. I am thinking maybe sugar beet, or sorghum, either can make good bird or worm food if they don't pan out. I think sugar cane needs more tropical than I have.

:unsure:But I could juice local fruits and berries and try fermenting with those instead of sugar - rather than fermenting those WITH sugar:geek:

This is why I love getting real high then checking the forum!

twobitbob

Super Active Member

I just meant that while the angelic root is a traditionally Oriental plant, so is ginseng. If ginseng can grow here then angielic root should also.

I have no comfrey local to my property. I planted some. Now it's local. I'm cool with that and if you want to start some angelic root so you can do a local OHN then rock on! That's what it's (or should be) all about.

But there's still the issue with the brown sugar. I haven't thought of a local sugar substitute. I am thinking maybe sugar beet, or sorghum, either can make good bird or worm food if they don't pan out. I think sugar cane needs more tropical than I have.

:unsure:But I could juice local fruits and berries and try fermenting with those instead of sugar - rather than fermenting those WITH sugar:geek:

I like your real high answer man
I’ve been stuck on that part too
I have lots of herbs I know I used to have don quai in my collection of course I can’t find it now haha
I have licorice and cinnamon I use them for cough syrup
I’m planning on making an Oregon grape extract I dug a whole bunch of it when I made my raised bed this summer
Definitely doesn’t have the same constituents as Angelica but I found a study that talks about berberine anti fungal anti bacterial
And is a prebiotic it’s used along with lacto bacillus for treating candida
The brown sugar part is something in its own as well
I’ve been wanting to use honey from my bees
Another thing I’m going to try I have some tree taps I’m in a big birch and aspen grove
Gonna try a couple birch beers this spring and probably some for the plants
The mycelium I find in the forest is always around the birch aspen so I want to make imo bim whatever with the birch juice and the mycelium water that I to the permit bed so I feel like I’m giving something back to the mycelium mat 🙂

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

There's a tv show? lol
I've used the unfiltered Black Strap molasses. I'm not familiar with this grow technique you all are talking about.(KNF)
I have to say HAF, you're the "go to" guy on here for the updated organic tech coming out. lol
On another note,
The Freakshow, did you have plants that grew like this one Turpman shows?
Is it an environmental affect the plant is reacting to or am I right in thinking it's from Freakshow heritage?

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
There's a tv show? lol
I've used the unfiltered Black Strap molasses. I'm not familiar with this grow technique you all are talking about.(KNF)
I have to say HAF, you're the "go to" guy on here for the updated organic tech coming out. lol
On another note,
The Freakshow, did you have plants that grew like this one Turpman shows?
Is it an environmental affect the plant is reacting to or am I right in thinking it's from Freakshow heritage?
watch what u get some(sugar beets) old heirlooms were only a 5 percent sugar content by vol.

Last edited: