Bobs buds and bees

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I have been thinking a lot about an experiment
I have been wanting to try with my Bees
In may they will be out collecting pollen for their brood.
If I time it right I am going to try and feed my bees with some males
I plan to start 10 seeds from the cross I made
In March so they will be ready to flower in may
I know there will be some nice days to put the plants outside if I trigger them into flower and haul em inside and outside for a couple weeks for the bees to get some pollen from them at the same time they will be open pollinated then finish them indoors
Or light dep from them which I think would be a lot more work pulling a tarp and keeping it warm
Thinking out loud
I’m getting excited to try this though

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have been thinking a lot about an experiment
I have been wanting to try with my Bees
In may they will be out collecting pollen for their brood.
If I time it right I am going to try and feed my bees with some males
I plan to start 10 seeds from the cross I made
In March so they will be ready to flower in may
I know there will be some nice days to put the plants outside if I trigger them into flower and haul em inside and outside for a couple weeks for the bees to get some pollen from them at the same time they will be open pollinated then finish them indoors
Or light dep from them which I think would be a lot more work pulling a tarp and keeping it warm
Thinking out loud
I’m getting excited to try this though
If I had bees and wanted canna honey and was also willing to have a male outside and let it flower - what is the actual question there? LOL

twobitbob

Super Active Member
If I had bees and wanted canna honey and was also willing to have a male outside and let it flower - what is the actual question there? LOL
No question just throwing my thoughts down so I can figure out timing
in may it won’t matter much to have a male outside flowering if I time it all right there won’t be anything else to pollinate unless I choose to put some females with it

They won’t make honey out of it though
My goal is to feed them the pollen from the males in the spring as a supplement they use it to build up the brood before the nectar flow

It’s common practice for beekeepers to supplement pollen in the spring
It’s not real pollen though usually it’s a yeast byproduct I believe

twobitbob

Super Active Member
4 Weeks Yesterday
Purple cakes and Paid Vacations
Top dressed with just worm castings last week, Gave them a drink with some liquid Bonemeal today.
Watered with Pumpkin ferment yesterday.
These ladies are drinking the water I got busy and didn't get as much water in the pots so the got a little dry back, I've been trying not to overwater
I have been using the digital blumat meter with a regular meter to check around. The four under the LED I have to water 3 times a day to keep them in the 80-120mbar zone, it jumps up to 200-260 if I only water once EFE1484C-214E-473A-B99F-5FC9F59CE09A_1_201_a.jpeg5E0E7903-728C-4A84-B903-6BA63C748DF9_1_201_a.jpeg
If I water the total amount in the morning it drops way down to 20 but sometimes I have to do that I can't hang around water my plants at the perfect time every day I try though.
So they have a little down turn on the leaves which I was thinking overwater but the pots where dry so I'm just trying my best to keep them evenly moist been using some yucca or Quillaja using a water can to try to keep it evenly moist. I think I'm goin to make an sprinkler type attachment for my sprayer.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
No question just throwing my thoughts down so I can figure out timing
in may it won’t matter much to have a male outside flowering if I time it all right there won’t be anything else to pollinate unless I choose to put some females with it

They won’t make honey out of it though
My goal is to feed them the pollen from the males in the spring as a supplement they use it to build up the brood before the nectar flow

It’s common practice for beekeepers to supplement pollen in the spring
It’s not real pollen though usually it’s a yeast byproduct I believe
form pics i've looked at they will strip trics from some bud.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
form pics i've looked at they will strip trics from some bud.
Cool, do you have a link I could check that out and do some reading?
Usually they don't mess with the Buds from my observations sometimes they land on them but they don't stay long
Last summer I did notice them collecting from the leafs so maybe leaf trichomes but they were rubbing it up on their legs like they do with pollen
which lead me to believe they use it in their propolis that's what they use tree resins for.
Propolis is like a resinous glue they glue cracks in the hive and will use it to insulate and control air flow in the hive.
I know they'll collect the Pollen from the Males which is my main goal. If I have females out they will only be for the a short amount of time too get pollinated

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I haven't been able to find much info about it. What I observe is what I know and that is only a guess too. Lots of guessing when it comes to bees.
I had a really cool video from quite a few years ago, I wish I still had it
it was a honey bee landed on a cola and walked up the spiraling buds right to the top when it reached the top it almost acted like a it got a buzz
it buzzed around hit a couple buds and flew off

twobitbob

Super Active Member
These pictures where taken on the 23rd, I have been slacking on this journal.
The paid vacations faded a little quicker then I was hoping the top fan leaves are yellowing fast
I think those two wanted more calcium
The Purple cakes are coming along well one is a little deficient and faster then the other
not perfect 6DA93519-486F-4A0A-8660-45679D40F86F_1_201_a.jpegA5007AC2-31B7-4126-A585-5C82047752EA_1_201_a.jpegB6A2DF49-2C1D-4840-8351-8296D3A30C54_1_201_a.jpeg
I have had a hard time keeping these 15s watered, twice a day to keep them in the 100 mbar zone

twobitbob

Super Active Member
The surprise plant and the PBN profit
The PBN Profit has some overfert signs as well
Next run I'm thinking of getting a 3.5x6 foot bed with blu mat 4 plants the same strain
I have like the way the Greenpoint Purple Cakes are doing, so I'm going to try some more Greenpoint Headpunch I think is what Im going with
The surprise starting fox tailing, under the sodium I had the fan exhausting at 82
but under the Sodium I think it was getting to hot so the light is as high as it goes and I lowered the exhaust temp to 78 day time
68 at night now. RH 45-55% the Dehu set at 50 it runs it down to 45 with the exhaust fan comes on at the same time, and it kicks on at 55%6359CBDA-AF55-4066-85D5-9B4BDBD180E1_1_201_a.jpeg2A478997-7F78-48C7-A1C6-934C3A01DC28_1_201_a.jpeg
I think it helped because its growing normal looking bud on top of that tail, and it looks like it will take a little longer sativa dominant

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Purple cakes today
the one on the right is swelling the calyxes
the left one is still chunking up and sucking phos outa the leaves
defoliated pretty hard last week,
Ive been removing the fans after they have some deficiency showing on them throughout the week as well
I havn't used any ferments for the last 2 weeks now thinking about using a little pumpkin again though
I have been feeding these ones with liquid bone meal and potassium silicate once a week the last few weeks840DFB2F-4788-4DD4-BC36-A1CE643055FA_1_201_a.jpeg65A3E1A0-859A-4F0E-B568-F9616FFD00FC_1_201_a.jpeg98E4636A-558B-441B-9F84-B2DA7F455EFF_1_201_a.jpeg

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Paid Vacations
I've been watering these with the liquid bone meal and potassium silicate as well
I also top dressed 2 weeks ago with gypsum and fish bone flour
seems they like more calcium Phos
I have been wondering too since these two plants are getting both light sources maybe its bleaching em a bit I have the LED at 80%
One Thing I know I messed up
3 weeks ago I accidentally used the Veg Microbes root wise and I think it affected them they popped those funky leaves out of the the top
I didn't realize what I had done until I went and grabbed the pack 2 weeks later to dose them again and realized it is not the Bio-Phos pack
Damn stoner
had some mess ups but they're still doing pretty decent considering516771FD-4032-4A89-B15F-1C82B3E07CC4_1_201_a.jpeg1B808A9F-2D95-47DB-A2E5-1FEDB9CDDFEA_1_201_a.jpeg

twobitbob

Super Active Member
last but not least the surprise plant that took 3 weeks to sprout
it has a nice haze smell to it now wish I knew what it was for sure
I could have prunes out some more branches before flowing on this one and all of them really
the buds seem to be starting to chunk up a little now instead of fox tailingF64F85F5-BDE4-43B2-A308-C506A2C8AE76_1_201_a.jpeg
I have some more of these seeds so at least now I have a better idea of what they are