Bobs buds and bees

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Three freebie feminized Unicorn shoes Celeste
Each one is a little different, one is stocky bushy started flower a couple days before the others, The middle one is more similar to the bush, and the lighter green one is a week behind starting flower, different growth and bigger a different Pheno, I've been calling her Mom's Shoes, My mom planted that seed.

80D69C72-8655-4A91-BE5B-2F9576B07BAB.jpeg9E8B136F-6C24-4D36-A281-E13949991BA6.jpegF4D3A160-EC6E-4361-893C-1E3F35720F28.jpeg218C3F78-7DFE-4100-B1D0-5C51F88029EC.jpeg

twobitbob

Super Active Member
These pics were taken on last months full moon or right after.
The full moon triggered stretch.

Im not sure how accurate this site is but I Like using it.

Attachments

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I started 3 Willams wonder and 2 RomulanxMatanuskaTF/NL5 both AK bean brains
29E5B960-C236-47D0-A11C-94B4FC501818.jpeg
Two in the back are Williams Wonder F4
one is a male I'm pretty sure I already culled one Wonder male and one Romulan cross
The bigger one in the middle is RomulanxMatanuskaTF/NL5
20597C84-F691-4261-B6DC-8381E3FAC64B.jpeg
Unicorn shoe Clones in the far 5 gal pots are the middle outdoor stretcher
3B866C69-73D1-465B-8E4C-1BE732C59716.jpeg
Moms shoes on the left, Bushy on the right

55229629-F77E-424D-9DEE-0823701EA80A.jpeg
Moms shoes middle you can see the light green shade It has been like that since poppin
middle stretch far pot, Bushy close tan pot

The clones rooted well, the only problem I've had is dealing With thrips since I brought them from outside, I knew it was a risk but I wanted to try crossing these with the Williams male, I like the way they are growing right now, can't wait to smoke some.

All of these pots are hand mixed peat moss compost coco pumice perlite rice hulls and amendments

Attachments

twobitbob

Super Active Member
The bees love the fermented extracts whenever I water with it they fly right to the pots and start drinking out of them
A lot of beekeepers add Bee health to the syrup when they feed, it has essential oils and Lacto Bacillus in it
so I believe they are getting some good stuff out of the pots
Its so much fun watching them, they buzz around me when I'm watering saying thanks.F78C6C8F-3B8A-45E9-B9B8-15B98DAE1309.jpeg

Last edited:

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Thanks for the comments everyone,
@Fiddler's Green
@Opie1
@H.A.F. haha yes it is a small hoop house I had used for Pepper plants I wasn't using but it is working well with the net, I didn't know how big they were going to get. They also have a small cage in there that you can't see.
I am going to be putting a hoop house type structure over them. It got down to 34 the other night/morning, so pretty cold, I was shaking them off so the frost wouldn't form in the morning, they slowed down the last couple days but, nice weather again, hopefully they take off and finish like champs.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thanks for the comments everyone,
@Fiddler's Green
@Opie1
@H.A.F. haha yes it is a small hoop house I had used for Pepper plants I wasn't using but it is working well with the net, I didn't know how big they were going to get. They also have a small cage in there that you can't see.
I am going to be putting a hoop house type structure over them. It got down to 34 the other night/morning, so pretty cold, I was shaking them off so the frost wouldn't form in the morning, they slowed down the last couple days but, nice weather again, hopefully they take off and finish like champs.
I was teasing, it's an awesome idea for an outside scrog.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I caught the tease, thanks I do like to use the hoop houses. This one is only three feet tall, next year I plan to make some maybe 6 ft tall or so, hoop house in the spring net when they grow through it. We have a short season, I would have like to have been more prepared...

twobitbob

Super Active Member
@TreeFarmerCharlie
I don’t think cannabis flowers produce nectar, or do they?
I have noticed them collecting on the underside of the leaves maybe collecting waxy cuticles or leaf trichomes or both
She was rubbing her legs together on the bud so maybe she was collecting trichomes, I’m not sure. Maybe I should catch one and look at it through a loupe.
They collect pollen by rubbing their legs together into balls of pollen
My best guess is that they are using it for their propolis

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
@TreeFarmerCharlie
I don’t think cannabis flowers produce nectar, or do they?
I have noticed them collecting on the underside of the leaves maybe collecting waxy cuticles or leaf trichomes or both
She was rubbing her legs together on the bud so maybe she was collecting trichomes, I’m not sure. Maybe I should catch one and look at it through a loupe.
They collect pollen by rubbing their legs together into balls of pollen
My best guess is that they are using it for their propolis
I don’t think cannabis flowers produce nectar. It’s interesting though.