Bobs buds and bees

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I've seen the TV show... :ROFLMAO:

I just meant that while the angelic root is a traditionally Oriental plant, so is ginseng. If ginseng can grow here then angielic root should also.

I have no comfrey local to my property. I planted some. Now it's local. I'm cool with that and if you want to start some angelic root so you can do a local OHN then rock on! That's what it's (or should be) all about.

But there's still the issue with the brown sugar. I haven't thought of a local sugar substitute. I am thinking maybe sugar beet, or sorghum, either can make good bird or worm food if they don't pan out. I think sugar cane needs more tropical than I have.

:unsure:But I could juice local fruits and berries and try fermenting with those instead of sugar - rather than fermenting those WITH sugar:geek:

This is why I love getting real high then checking the forum!
burn 1 as you speak.

twobitbob

Super Active Member

Calcium lactate

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thinking about the local sugar thing. I don't know if honey is the answer for growing sugar, though you are probably set for every other sweetener need LOL.

Honey is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, etc. That's why it stores forever. I don't think it would be beneficial to try using it to ferment things or to add to your pots.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Thinking about the local sugar thing. I don't know if honey is the answer for growing sugar, though you are probably set for every other sweetener need LOL.

Honey is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, etc. That's why it stores forever. I don't think it would be beneficial to try using it to ferment things or to add to your pots.
Yes it’s hard for me to want to use too much honey but it does ferment well.
And I decided to not follow directions and made a ginger and turmeric start with honey
So since there is so much juice it basically turned into a bug starter like I’ve made before.
It is bubbling so I’ll add some alcohol to it in a few days. I’m going to be using these tinctures as well.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Yes it’s hard for me to want to use too much honey but it does ferment well.
And I decided to not follow directions and made a ginger and turmeric start with honey
So since there is so much juice it basically turned into a bug starter like I’ve made before.
It is bubbling so I’ll add some alcohol to it in a few days. I’m going to be using these tinctures as well.
bottom of the jar after it turns, semi solid add to ferments ? i can't see it being a negetive,natural sugars

twobitbob

Super Active Member
bottom of the jar after it turns, semi solid add to ferments ? i can't see it being a negetive,natural sugars
My honey right now got cold and is crystallized so it quite thick and sugar like it should work
To do the plant massage priming’s don’t weigh much so maybe a quarter pound of honey for a shot at it
I think the averages is 80% saturated sugar so 20% extra Liquid then just sugar
That’s my thoughts natural local sugar and microbes can’t be bad right

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Don't get me wrong, I think the plants will love it - like any sugar/microbe-food boost. But I think under a scope there is probably a noticable decline in living things afterwards. I don't think it'll kill it all but I think it would mess with the bacterial/fungal balance which could cause future issues.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
One day I will get a microscope the curiosity
Is really starting to get to me lol
I have wanted to take Inghams online course but I don’t really have 5 k to drop on a course
I havnt talked to anyone with experience in it

I’ve done loads of research about honey
And fermentation all positives from my point of view, they are natures master herbalists/alchemists
The bees actually use lacto in the hive
They mix it with honey and pollen
And it ferments into “bee bread” this is what they feed to the young pupae

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I decided to try scarify and hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes then soak in coconut water for the old seeds.
I’ve never used hydrogen peroxide before
hope it works, probily leave in peroxide extra 30 or 45 then to coconut water.i rake mine on a finger nail file in the rough side.