Bobby's Dope Log

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Also reading those articles it struck me as strange that leaf praying is actually a sign of heat stress. I had no idea that was so. My thot was the plants were dialed in lol. Learn little things all the time. It looks cool as shit tho. I figured that was when the leaves taco in intense light. Well there's A LOT of different signs of heat AND light stress symptoms which many mimic deficiencies. Fun stuff. ;)
Read more articles :ROFLMAO: Get a lot of opinions because there's no science on it. You also need to make sure what "praying" is. Sometimes the leave can be and really slanted up, more like to avoid light rather than "funnel" it. Those alse tend to have the individual leaf blades "praying" or taco-ing.

If they are at a nice 45 degree angle but the leaves are otherwise flat and healthy, it will look more like they are just lifting their skirt to let the lower stuff get light. That's praying.

But some strains do that normally and all their limbs grow pretty vertical too. Some only pray right before they wilt from being too dry, Some never pray but are always happy and healthy.

It's strain specific ;)

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
Read more articles :ROFLMAO: Get a lot of opinions because there's no science on it. You also need to make sure what "praying" is. Sometimes the leave can be and really slanted up, more like to avoid light rather than "funnel" it. Those alse tend to have the individual leaf blades "praying" or taco-ing.

If they are at a nice 45 degree angle but the leaves are otherwise flat and healthy, it will look more like they are just lifting their skirt to let the lower stuff get light. That's praying.

But some strains do that normally and all their limbs grow pretty vertical too. Some only pray right before they wilt from being too dry, Some never pray but are always happy and healthy.

It's strain specific ;)
Jesus Christ, that's a lot of praying an I'm not even religious. ..Sorry I couldn't resist lol. I've only had one plant grow with branches that were very hard to pry apart from the stalk. I think your first example was more of what I thot praying encompassed.

Bobby_Resigliano

This is the Ruthless Runtz from CSI. I don't think I have ever easily identified such early frost before. Most times I prob cant cause my shit is so overgrown lol. It was flipped on the 25th so its only been 20 days of 12/12. Its lanky as shit and getting completely bodied by the Chem D S1.

1668479501167.png

1668479532074.png

1668479552956.png

Bobby_Resigliano

Had to chop down everything in the 4x8 back on the 1st. It was smelling too much and I couldn't have it. I kept the 3 in the 2x4 and transferred them to the 4x8. So far no smell. Bummed but I knew it might happen. Took a few pics of the seed plants before chop tho. Also took a few last night. Gonna check on them soon to see if there's anything worth saving. They just been sitting in the cold garage.

Here's a few from the Grape Preserves.
1671060594988.png

1671060672562.png

1671060689055.png

Here's a couple of the Chem D x Runtz.
1671060744105.png

1671060758727.png

Chem D S1
1671060793762.png

Ruthless Runtz
1671060818320.png

Speechless
1671060840516.png

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Had to chop down everything in the 4x8 back on the 1st. It was smelling too much and I couldn't have it. I kept the 3 in the 2x4 and transferred them to the 4x8. So far no smell. Bummed but I knew it might happen. Took a few pics of the seed plants before chop tho. Also took a few last night. Gonna check on them soon to see if there's anything worth saving. They just been sitting in the cold garage.

Oh man having to chop because of smell would be hard! Needs to be legalized so there are no more worries! I am lucky nearest neighbors 1/2 mile away thru thick woods... But I have still had odor issues from outdoors girls.. lol

D

Deleted member 2835

Here's a few from the Grape Preserves.
View attachment 123366

View attachment 123367

View attachment 123368

Here's a couple of the Chem D x Runtz.
View attachment 123369

View attachment 123371

Chem D S1
View attachment 123372

Ruthless Runtz
View attachment 123373

Speechless
View attachment 123374
No carbon scrubber?

Bobby_Resigliano

Oh man having to chop because of smell would be hard! Needs to be legalized so there are no more worries! I am lucky nearest neighbors 1/2 mile away thru thick woods... But I have still had odor issues from outdoors girls.. lol
Yeah it was tuff. I knew I was gonna be pushing it and especially with 13 plants. I just didn't want to stop growing and I had to find out for sure. Its a legal state where I live but technically not on the property lol. I'm still gonna veg like I was before tho. That will never stop. Just cant flower a bunch of plants anymore. Maybe one or two smallies for my own stash in the future :sneaky:

Still working on growing in other places tho. My growmie has a few plans and our first round will be 175 seed run at his place. I'm gonna hold all the keepers as a secondary backup including his line up currently. My parents house might still be in play but I have to rent space now which is cool. I'm gonna use an auto setup there with coco. I gave my gf the list for Christmas to automate my grow for that location. The new seed run will take a few weeks for its turn in line. Most likely start popping packs in Feb. Things look good for the future!

Bobby_Resigliano

No carbon scrubber?
Yeah I do have one but it's a vivosun and not quite sure its any good. Prob also too small for that tent as it was bought for the 4x4. Also when I have ten, pretty large plants in the 4x8, the dehuey was struggling to keep up which forced me to open the tent. It was a prob screamin down the tracks that I didn't really want to slow down till it crashed. Then I thot just unhook that bitch and live to fight another day lol.

D

Deleted member 2835

Yeah I do have one but it's a vivosun and not quite sure its any good. Prob also too small for that tent as it was bought for the 4x4. Also when I have ten, pretty large plants in the 4x8, the dehuey was struggling to keep up which forced me to open the tent. It was a prob screamin down the tracks that I didn't really want to slow down till it crashed. Then I thot just unhook that bitch and live to fight another day lol.
Here's what I use its an active air

Attachments

D

Deleted member 2835

I have had good luck with Terrabloom filters I have tried those expensive filters advertised in every magazine and they worked no better than cheap Ipower or Vivosun I also realized one can move the air through filter to fast go at least one size larger than you need watch your CFMs
High humidity will also kill a carbon filter quicker than normal

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
But at the end of the day Bobby long as your happy that's all that matters any fellow grower is a friend in my world... I getting at having to chop plants must been painful I know it is for me.. Carry on bro

Bobby_Resigliano

Had to take a break at the beginning of the year and get some life shit taken care of. Got back to the gym and training for bodybuilding the last 6 months. Lost about 40lbs and still cutting until the end of the year. After that it's time to get huge. I really love getting back into BBing as its given me structure again that I was severely lacking. Most of my time now is focused around dieting, learning more, and the gym.

I half assed some seeds a few months ago and it turned out like it always does. I'd like to make some more changes with the main one being soil only with dry amendments. I printed out a few recipes I found here from some of you guys and will kinda copy those and build some soil. If yall have any recipes you wanna share feel free. I decided to go this route as its easier on my schedule. Making buckets of nutes is history. Don't really have time for that anymore nor do I want to use them. Soil usually tastes better as well. All I want to use is water and maybe some topdressing at the end. I saved all my old soil from the last seed run and got at least 20 lbs or so back. I will experiment with that as my first soil base.

I ended up with some of the genetics from my growmie. He sold his house and is making moves to another state. I've got the cookie fam cuts of runtz and lcg. In addition he had his own bacio and fire kush. I'm starting to flower the mothers out now that I've taken clones from them. The moms are all in coco as its all I had at the time to use. I will strap up some netting this weekend cause i know they will need it. They are in a 4x8 which will get swapped out for 2 4x4s when done. One each for veg and flower. I will also prob run a double 2x2 tower for mushies. Prob a 2x4 for small seed project experiments. Will be popping some interesting seeds this winter as well. Glad to be back. Hopefully I can be a better grower as well!

1692921290537.png

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
Had to take a break at the beginning of the year and get some life shit taken care of. Got back to the gym and training for bodybuilding the last 6 months. Lost about 40lbs and still cutting until the end of the year. After that it's time to get huge. I really love getting back into BBing as its given me structure again that I was severely lacking. Most of my time now is focused around dieting, learning more, and the gym.

I half assed some seeds a few months ago and it turned out like it always does. I'd like to make some more changes with the main one being soil only with dry amendments. I printed out a few recipes I found here from some of you guys and will kinda copy those and build some soil. If yall have any recipes you wanna share feel free. I decided to go this route as its easier on my schedule. Making buckets of nutes is history. Don't really have time for that anymore nor do I want to use them. Soil usually tastes better as well. All I want to use is water and maybe some topdressing at the end. I saved all my old soil from the last seed run and got at least 20 lbs or so back. I will experiment with that as my first soil base.

I ended up with some of the genetics from my growmie. He sold his house and is making moves to another state. I've got the cookie fam cuts of runtz and lcg. In addition he had his own bacio and fire kush. I'm starting to flower the mothers out now that I've taken clones from them. The moms are all in coco as its all I had at the time to use. I will strap up some netting this weekend cause i know they will need it. They are in a 4x8 which will get swapped out for 2 4x4s when done. One each for veg and flower. I will also prob run a double 2x2 tower for mushies. Prob a 2x4 for small seed project experiments. Will be popping some interesting seeds this winter as well. Glad to be back. Hopefully I can be a better grower as well!

View attachment 130032
Welcome back! Good luck on your transition to soil.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical

View attachment 130032
So I'm finding myself in the position of having to lose 40 or 50 pounds and build strength. I'm in my late 50s. What would you suggest?

Bobby_Resigliano

Welcome back! Good luck on your transition to soil.
Thanks dude! I've always wanted to go this route but I liked experimenting. I still would like to run an auto coco setup but I can't do that here. If I keep it around 8 small to medium plants, I will be ok. My buddy gave me his soil recipe which Im having doubts about. His weed was really good tho. Very flavorful if anything. This is what he told me today:

50/50 vermasoil and organic potting soil
worm castings
organism xl mycorrhizae (I was told he mixes this in completely and not next to the roots?)
rainbow bloom
rainbow grow
kelp meal
cow manure

I'm not completely sold on it but I've gotta try it if it worked for him so well lol. Id prob do it the same except for mycos.