Bobby's Dope Log

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I wouldn't say those foods in particular are making you fat. Anything can make you fat if you eat too much of it. It's just simple cals in vs cals burned. Too much milk will definitely make you fat tho. You prob weren't drinking enuf to find out lol.

In your case I would say that those foods are not being digested properly, causing you bloating, which will make you gain weight. Check out the FODMAP. There's many things we just accept as normal when it doesn't have to be. I think we just need the knowledge to find out why.
FART. It was supposed to say FART.

LMAO

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I don't have much trouble digesting food, although I do like a good spicy meal on a regular basis too keep things in working order.

For me it's been more about what I'm eating (too much fat, too many carbs) and when I'm eating it (too late in the evening before bed).

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
I don't have much trouble digesting food, although I do like a good spicy meal on a regular basis too keep things in working order.

For me it's been more about what I'm eating (too much fat, too many carbs) and when I'm eating it (too late in the evening before bed).
It tough cause we got so accustomed to eating all this bad stuff. You could try a small step and move those craving for carbs around when youre active. That will help use them as the fuel source. Late night cravings are damn real tho. I still struggle with that.

A person that loves food like I do, needs to changes their way in order to make something become permanent. Food had become sport. A crutch. A feel good time. A past time even. Mindless munching time. We when can graduate from sport to fuel, we will make it much easier on ourselves.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
It tough cause we got so accustomed to eating all this bad stuff. You could try a small step and move those craving for carbs around when youre active. That will help use them as the fuel source. Late night cravings are damn real tho. I still struggle with that.

A person that loves food like I do, needs to changes their way in order to make something become permanent. Food had become sport. A crutch. A feel good time. A past time even. Mindless munching time. We when can graduate from sport to fuel, we will make it much easier on ourselves.
I'm never not going to be a foodie, though. But there's a proper time, place and quantity for everything. The balance thing, it's hard.

Bobby_Resigliano

Finally got my nets up. Hate these old stretchy ones but its all I got for now. I'll have to buy a large roll of that plastic stuff eventually. Got 7 of the old moms here. I forgot there is green ribbon/crack too, whatever you wanna call it. I think were in like day 10 or so now. Feeding off the rest of my bottle nutes from GH etc. Get those slight mag/cal deficiencies but it happens every grow no matter what lol. Starts with interveinal chlorosis and then moves to tan spots. I use 5g of 3 different powdered calcium and about 7g of Epsom salt per 5 gal bucket of water. These are all in coco.

tent.jpg

1693407860343.png

Last edited:

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Go to Walmart, buy yourself the big bag of Epsom salt from the pharmacy section. Get the plain, unflavored stuff; none of the scents or additives are necessary.

Use some to soak your feet lol

Then, put a teaspoon of it into a quart jug mostly full of warm water, cap the jug and then shake. Leave it for a few minutes, come back and shake again. For whatever reason, Epsom salt takes its sweet time to dissolve. Once you're sure it's fully dissolved into solution, add the quart to the rest of your nutes and water normally.

Mag deficiency? DONE!

And for a bonus, you'll be feeding sulphur too and that's good for plant expression of terpenes, oils and resins- which is the whole point of growing this lovely plant in the first place. Use it all the way through bloom, even at the end, though you may want to taper it down late in bloom.

BE SURE it's fully dissolved. It's best to use it when you make it but it will sit and play nice with other dissolved nutrients in low concentrations for a week or two as long as the water doesn't get really cold or freeze.

Last edited:

Bobby_Resigliano

Go to Walmart, buy yourself the big bag of Epsom salt from the pharmacy section. Get the plain, unflavored stuff; none of the scents or additives are necessary.

Use some to soak your feet lol

Then, put a teaspoon of it into a quart jug mostly full of warm water, cap the jug and then shake. Leave it for a few minutes, come back and shake again. For whatever reason, Epsom salt takes its sweet time to dissolve. Once you're sure it's fully dissolved into solution, add the quart to the rest of your nutes and water normally.

Mag deficiency? DONE!

And for a bonus, you'll be feeding sulphur too and that's good for plant expression of terpenes, oils and resins- which is the whole point of growing this lovely plant in the first place. Use it all the way through bloom, even at the end, though you may want to taper it down late in bloom.

BE SURE it's fully dissolved. It's best to use it when you make it but it will sit and play nice with other dissolved nutrients in low concentrations for a week or two as long as the water doesn't get really cold or freeze.
Thats what Ive been using for months. I stopped using the calmag bottle. It still has deficiency probs even when doing 2 tsp per gal. Idk why but its happens in coco and soil the same. I've let it dissolve and always stir it up before using it. Does mixing in hot/warm water affect the nutes? I never see any in the bottom of the bucket when empty.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Thats what Ive been using for months. I stopped using the calmag bottle. It still has deficiency probs even when doing 2 tsp per gal. Idk why but its happens in coco and soil the same. I've let it dissolve and always stir it up before using it. Does mixing in hot/warm water affect the nutes? I never see any in the bottom of the bucket when empty.
Do you use it by itself or are you mixing it with other nutrients? You may be diluting your other nutes or possibly getting a lockout (I hate that term). Another possibility is that you're feeding too much and it's antagonistic to other nutrients. I wouldn't think 10g/gallon would be too much but it could be.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Do you use it by itself or are you mixing it with other nutrients? You may be diluting your other nutes or possibly getting a lockout (I hate that term). Another possibility is that you're feeding too much and it's antagonistic to other nutrients. I wouldn't think 10g/gallon would be too much but it could be.
Yeah, I use Humboldt's Secret Cal/Mag at 2-3mL per gallon.

Bobby_Resigliano

Im mixing it with a few other nutes. I never put any nutes together full strength tho. I mix each one in separately with the 5 gal bucket. I've backed off nutes and pushed them to almost the same outcome. I think what it comes down to is that my container isn't big enuf to stay fully dry and needs to be watered twice a day now. Im gonna try feeding right before bedtime and see if that helps.

Im mixing it with a few other nutes. I never put any nutes together full strength tho. I mix each one in separately with the 5 gal bucket. I've backed off nutes and pushed them to almost the same outcome. I think what it comes down to is that my container isn't big enuf to stay fully dry and needs to be watered twice a day now. Im gonna try feeding right before bedtime and see if that helps.
That is really smart mixing each individual component by itself and then just using the amount you need of each one to make 5-50 gals of whatever ppm(800-1000)
you want to feed your plants with. I watched a really good video @Heisen recently made on the hybrid system he is now running and he has all his plants in 1 gal pots(soil) and feeds them for 90 seconds before lights on, and then once again 8 hrs later for 30 seconds. He says they are nice and light by the end of the day.

Last edited:

Bobby_Resigliano

I'm going to let the epsom salt sit in the water for awhile as well. Might as well try that. Im feeding them at 700-800ppm currently. I gave them the first dose of double nutes today about 3 hours before bedtime. I set the dehuey to 45/50. I might have to supercrop a few branches soon if they keep stretching. So far so good.

Bobby_Resigliano

Well I seem to do better in coco than soil. Once I started watering these twice a day, the probs came to a halt. Completely took out the grow and using bloom only now. The tan spots seemed to have stopped or at least drastically reduced their spread. I have been trying to make sure the nutes are fully dissolved as well. No crap in the bucket afterwards. I also took down the ppm to 500-600. I super cropped a few branches and left the ones on the outskirts. I think they're at like 2.5 weeks now.

1694101761620.png

1694101777877.png

1694101791249.png

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I'm pretty sure I am too. Before starting my diet I would fart all day long. Not usually smelly but man i would rip them all day. I drank a shitload of milk and also LOVE cheese. Since starting new eating habits, I hardly fart at all now. Pretty sure it was that damn milk.
gov mandated milk, buy a cow or goat ,see if that don't change things.

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I'm never not going to be a foodie, though. But there's a proper time, place and quantity for everything. The balance thing, it's hard.
real problem for me,have always been overweight,now i tip em at 210 only been this weight one other time in my life, about the time i was in 8 th grade.i allow myself coffee mornings, 1 cola per day ,water after that ,no cheating two meals per day breakfast and supper reasonable amounts ,still a little hungry always!