What did you do today?

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Site Supporter
I attacked the hornet nest this morning at about 6am. The temps had dropped 40 degrees f from the last few days so I thought they should be less active. 49Fº just starting to get light, and these hornets were already busy bees.
I used 2 can of Hot Shot hornet and wasp spray, and 2 cans of Raid hornet and wasp spray. Raid sucks! It did not give instant knockdown and the cans emptied almost as fast as I could grab the next. None of the cans lasted long.
I noticed with the Hot shot though, they were dying fast and plugging up the exit hole I was aiming at.

Got no stings but had a few dozen trying damn hard. Carhart coveralls, jeans, rubber boots, leather gloves a hoodie and a polyfill coat with a ball hat, safety glasses, and an mosquito net shirt with attached full hood kept me safe enough. If there has been many more attack me though.. I would want a real bee suit. Those F'rs dont play.. You dont know they are coming til they hit ya.
The buzzing sound coming from inside the nest was loud as hell! Its the first time I've actually heard them, even as close as I've gotten.

I'll check it again in a few hrs. Soon as the spray was gone and I was clear of the attackers I was inside lol.
You should have made a video of that shit .

BigBallzWillie

Insane Grower
That's what I was thinking, a big crate with a door pretty much. I want to be able to tear it down in the future if I decide to reconfigure my space. Bare concrete walls and floor, but I can attach to the floor joists overhead if I need to. I really don't want to put any holes in the concrete if I dont have to.
You can just caulk the bottom plate to the floor, using the pressure of "tight" studs off the ceiling, till caulk sets. You can use painters caulk and it will peel off pretty easily, use something urethane and maybe not. You could also use a sill sealer under the plate with out the caulk. I have done that many times when constructing dust protection walls, that will often be up for 6 months or more.

jpcyan

Master Grower
Been a steady rain for 2-3 days. Started a wholesale cleaning of my flower room. OmGosh what problems a couple years of neglect can cause. I'm almost to the point of removing everything and power washing the room..

This is tex orange cap cube and Panaeolous Jamaica Multispore to whole grain par boiled rice. Been waiting, too long, but finally got a clean warm spot to spawn and fruit.

tex orange left pan jam right - Copy.JPG

gwheels

Elite Hobbyist and Cannabis QC Tester
Site Supporter
Wow I feel great today. So i made a batch of brownies with 300ml or 1 1/4 cups infused coconut oil and butter (50/50) and a gram of rosin. I will check them out tomorrow i licked the bowl so i think i will be ok for now :D

I also did a hash run with Orangeberry Smoothie...smells pretty damned awesome. I see now the texture is different and that is probably strain dependant. Then i dumped the stuff in the 220 bag (everything) in the slow cooker with butter and let it infuse. This way I get everything.

The smell is very different too. Orange and flowers and LOUD. I will let this dry and then put it in my chopping bowls. I use pyrex with single blade razors. I have a few just the right size for the amount im chopping.

3 grades... 25 micron 75 and 160

DSCF3047.JPG

Attachments

yougrowyourway

resident asshole
Site Supporter
not hitting the simpletons was a crowning achievement for me today. I'm quite proud of myself. If only I felt like typing lol the morons I deal with. Closed at work tn. Got home to my boy nodded with ⅞ of that nasty shit in the pic. that pic has a lot going on it I realized after I took a close up of the bottle and tried getting the trays saying in it. Idk manic af and getting drunk. Going to get a hoagie and munch. Smoke a L on the walk. It's beautiful out tn.
IMG_20191013_021514.jpg

gwheels

Elite Hobbyist and Cannabis QC Tester
Site Supporter
I think I might have to smoke a turkey today. The problem is finding papers that big...
I will check the fuel situation and top up on cherry and apple hardwood chips. Football Sunday !!! This is my favorite time of year.
I will be shake and baked all day. I opened one of my vac sealed bags of wedding night. It just tastes better than before. Its going to be a great day.
I also up potted a Wedding dub to a GH waterfarm. Yesterday 2 Eso beans in the 2 bubble buckets. I have 1 bubblet bucket left but i am saving it to make hash with until i make a better washing machine.
Or get a a washing machine :D

Last edited:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Site Supporter
I think I might have to smoke a turkey today. The problem is finding papers that big...
I will check the fuel situation and top up on cherry and apple hardwood chips. Football Sunday !!! This is my favorite time of year.
I will be shake and baked all day. I opened one of my vac sealed bags of wedding night. It just tastes better than before. Its going to be a great day.
I also up potted a Wedding dub to a GH waterfarm. Yesterday 2 Eso beans in the 2 bubble buckets. I have 1 bubblet bucket left but i am saving it to make hash with until i make a better washing machine.
Or get a a washing machine :D
My friend has the washing Machine. It came with a euro AC outlet. Hahah they got a conversion adapter and all good.
Thing is, dude still prefers bubble bags and 5 gallon buckets. Hahaha good hash though 👍

BigBallzWillie

Insane Grower
not hitting the simpletons was a crowning achievement for me today. I'm quite proud of myself. If only I felt like typing lol the morons I deal with. Closed at work tn. Got home to my boy nodded with ⅞ of that nasty shit in the pic. that pic has a lot going on it I realized after I took a close up of the bottle and tried getting the trays saying in it. Idk manic af and getting drunk. Going to get a hoagie and munch. Smoke a L on the walk. It's beautiful out tn.View attachment 25546
What kind of Hoagie did you get?
:)