What did you do today?

D

Deleted member 60

Don't worry @ 33 how yer gonna feel in 20 years. You don't fuckin wanna know. Heeehee. What does need to be said though is that if you SAVE $$$ now in earnest...you can jump off the moving train far quicker. Maybe not @ 53.... but you can move that date up if you plan/prep/have some discipline along the way. I couldn't even fathom working a job again for someone else. Been there, done that...planned and saved.....did my time....and jumped ship @55. Sucks/can't believe I'm 60....but wouldn't step back into that working pile of shit daily thing for anything....no way.

I'm envious SCJedi. The weather here is holding on to Winter/Spring big time. Rain/snow/hail...and cold.

D

Deleted member 60

We'll be lucky to not wash away once all that snow up there starts melting...especially with this added rain/snow/etc of late. The creek is already coming up and it isn't even warm yet. Every drop has to flow past my house...

Yeah...shit ain't good out there for a lot of folks. However...many of em asked for exactly what they are receiving. It's past me to fix stupid...so hey...we're just sitting sideline eating popcorn and watchin' with a full wallet. At some point the Big Top is gonna fall and a buncha clowns are gonna get their damn due...

Like the last 2 years...the shenanigans of the BIG boys on the Hill make it really hard for me to abide by any fucking "plant counts"/laws/rules/regs. Say WHAT?

Them farmers need to start planting WEED...LOL. There's no better subsidy than a nice, profitable, tax free pot grow...LOL...

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
after last years fiasco with the soybeans and hay locally, I talked to quite a few per the hemp deal. Red neck motherfuckers, lmfao, but I keep tellin em, eat that hay and soybeans you can't sell em or grow it. lol. But they got the checks, lol. The bigger farmers did anyhow, the smaller ones takin it on the chin, I hear, if not got some bank, hard to wait all that time for a check and not have much goin for next year.

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
This is for the fellow car nuts. I'll be digging into this old 2bbl Rochester for a total rebuild this weekend. Never done it before, but I've also said that about sex once too haha

View attachment 7369
Make sure you have Some tiny brass brushes that you can get into and clean out the little holes in the jets. Soak Everything in a container full of carburetor cleaner for a few hours to let it soak in eat through a lot of the gunk. If you need any help feel free to PM me

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Make sure you have Some tiny brass brushes that you can get into and clean out the little holes in the jets. Soak Everything in a container full of carburetor cleaner for a few hours to let it soak in eat through a lot of the gunk. If you need any help feel free to PM me
Thanks, I may take you up on that lol. Im going to Harb Freight in the A.M. and see what I can find for cleaning tools. As you can see shes in rough shape. Suprised there wasnt a fire with how much she was leaking into the valley pan.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks, I may take you up on that lol. Im going to Harb Freight in the A.M. and see what I can find for cleaning tools. As you can see shes in rough shape. Surprised there wasnt a fire with how much she was leaking into the valley pan.
They are pretty straight forward. Set the float, accelerator pump, choke clearance. I can't remember if the 2bbl had aluminium plugs just above the throttle plate but check to make sure they are not leaking. If they look like they were we used to epoxy them. Pull all jets and Idle mixture screws and use lots of cleaner and air.

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
I just got back from a boys fishing trip, hardcore remote out back cliff fishing.

Was fun, started with a blow out at 110 kilometres an hour, massive sideways, almost jacknifed the boat, had to rip the tire off the rim and change it.
Drive 600K's then over 300K's of stupidly corrugated gravel roads until we got the sand section.
180K's of beach and sand dunes..

One ute and boat gets bogged on a big uphill dune section thats full of big lumps.
So tires down to 10psi and in 4Lo 3rd gear and just feeding the throttle, the fucken boat trailer got airborne over a lump with at least a foot and a half bounce up off the ground, slid the boat across and fucked the rollers.
So out comes the big generator and welder on top of the bloody dune. Fix the mounts and keep pushing on.

Get to camp late, set up swags, few beers, light the fire and get the boats off the trailer into the water.. Ready for the morning but me being the fuckwit I am, no shoes, step straight onto sharp reef then sidestep onto an urchin.. Great start to the trip so far 🤣

Few more beers and fix up my foot, an almost inch long bit of spine dug outta my foot and then sat mu foot in super hot water while I had a "medicinal" few rums and joints.

Few more beers and then pretty much bed.

Up early for a run on the boats, lures out and bang.. right onto a spotted mackie. Few hours later and had 3 spotties and a few very nice sized pink snapper 👌
Back to camp for a feed. then into some bait fishing off the rocks.. Managed a heap of the bread and butter species and also doubled as shark bait.

Second day was crazy cliff fishing, mackerel and some type of tuna that were busting up all day. Hooked tons, some huge bastards and a few smaller models. Managed to land a good dozen between us. Lost a shit load to the hungry tigers and bronzies too. Awesome day.

Third day was both off the boats and a bit off the small rock islands. Managed some smaller mackies and juvi snapper and spangled emperor and a few other species that I didn't recognise.. One chunky cod and tons of wrase, all went back to get their fuck on and make more babies for when I'm back next year.

Later that arvo we ballooned out some big baits for sharks. About 25 minutes later had a hook up and a little run, skull dragged it in, small bronzie about 5ft.
Maybe 2 hours later the 50w starts clicking off so fast it was insane.. Took me 3 goes to get the rod out of the holder.
It had me half spooled in about a minute flat.. drag basically locked up.
I start to try get it turned around when it slowed, got a bit of line back.
Then the line goes slack, fuck me I've somehow lost it, I wind as fast as I can and bang I feel massive pressure, it's swimming right at the beach on an angle..
I fight it for about an hour and 25 minutes. Then I feel it.. pop.. the fucking line snapped. Bugger it.
Check the line to see what failed, the shock leader before the wire frayed and busted.. no idea if it reefed me of somehow turned on the line and tail slapped it because it had 15 feet of wire.

Back to camp for a feed and a few rums, beers and joints.

Earlyish night because we had to leave in the moring. Camp broken down by 7am and on the track headed for home.
About 3 hours later, the trailer has a failure on the gravel. Boat again goes sideways, manage to stop and find that the brand new leaf spring had failed, cracked in half. The axle had thrown out the back and smashed into the boat motor, I think stopping the axle from completely being ripped out.

We are maybe 260 K's from the closest town.. zero phone service and no spare axle. Stuck in the sun.
No way to bend the axle back not even a street sign that we could cut down and jerry rig as an axle, then realise the hub is half seized.
Fuck sake, really.
Hang on its okay, have spare bearings so if we manage to somehow get the axle fixed we can re pack the bearings and should be good to go..
That is, is if someone had actually packed the grease.. argh..

Well, short version is, we loaded most our gear into the other ute and boat..
We had to sacrifice a reasonable amount of gear to make it fit. That hurt.
Had no choice but to gut the boat.. Ripped out all the centre console and flooring. right down to bare the metal.
Then lifted and flipped the boat and what's left of the trailer trailer on top of the 2nd boat. Like a bizzare lid with half a trailer on it.
Strapped that fucker down nice and tight and started the slow trek back home.

What a couple of days 🤣

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I just got back from a boys fishing trip, hardcore remote out back cliff fishing.

Was fun, started with a blow out at 110 kilometres an hour, massive sideways, almost jacknifed the boat, had to rip the tire off the rim and change it.
Drive 600K's then over 300K's of stupidly corrugated gravel roads until we got the sand section.
180K's of beach and sand dunes..

One ute and boat gets bogged on a big uphill dune section thats full of big lumps.
So tires down to 10psi and in 4Lo 3rd gear and just feeding the throttle, the fucken boat trailer got airborne over a lump with at least a foot and a half bounce up off the ground, slid the boat across and fucked the rollers.
So out comes the big generator and welder on top of the bloody dune. Fix the mounts and keep pushing on.

Get to camp late, set up swags, few beers, light the fire and get the boats off the trailer into the water.. Ready for the morning but me being the fuckwit I am, no shoes, step straight onto sharp reef then sidestep onto an urchin.. Great start to the trip so far 🤣

Few more beers and fix up my foot, an almost inch long bit of spine dug outta my foot and then sat mu foot in super hot water while I had a "medicinal" few rums and joints.

Few more beers and then pretty much bed.

Up early for a run on the boats, lures out and bang.. right onto a spotted mackie. Few hours later and had 3 spotties and a few very nice sized pink snapper 👌
Back to camp for a feed. then into some bait fishing off the rocks.. Managed a heap of the bread and butter species and also doubled as shark bait.

Second day was crazy cliff fishing, mackerel and some type of tuna that were busting up all day. Hooked tons, some huge bastards and a few smaller models. Managed to land a good dozen between us. Lost a shit load to the hungry tigers and bronzies too. Awesome day.

Third day was both off the boats and a bit off the small rock islands. Managed some smaller mackies and juvi snapper and spangled emperor and a few other species that I didn't recognise.. One chunky cod and tons of wrase, all went back to get their fuck on and make more babies for when I'm back next year.

Later that arvo we ballooned out some big baits for sharks. About 25 minutes later had a hook up and a little run, skull dragged it in, small bronzie about 5ft.
Maybe 2 hours later the 50w starts clicking off so fast it was insane.. Took me 3 goes to get the rod out of the holder.
It had me half spooled in about a minute flat.. drag basically locked up.
I start to try get it turned around when it slowed, got a bit of line back.
Then the line goes slack, fuck me I've somehow lost it, I wind as fast as I can and bang I feel massive pressure, it's swimming right at the beach on an angle..
I fight it for about an hour and 25 minutes. Then I feel it.. pop.. the fucking line snapped. Bugger it.
Check the line to see what failed, the shock leader before the wire frayed and busted.. no idea if it reefed me of somehow turned on the line and tail slapped it because it had 15 feet of wire.

Back to camp for a feed and a few rums, beers and joints.

Earlyish night because we had to leave in the moring. Camp broken down by 7am and on the track headed for home.
About 3 hours later, the trailer has a failure on the gravel. Boat again goes sideways, manage to stop and find that the brand new leaf spring had failed, cracked in half. The axle had thrown out the back and smashed into the boat motor, I think stopping the axle from completely being ripped out.

We are maybe 260 K's from the closest town.. zero phone service and no spare axle. Stuck in the sun.
No way to bend the axle back not even a street sign that we could cut down and jerry rig as an axle, then realise the hub is half seized.
Fuck sake, really.
Hang on its okay, have spare bearings so if we manage to somehow get the axle fixed we can re pack the bearings and should be good to go..
That is, is if someone had actually packed the grease.. argh..

Well, short version is, we loaded most our gear into the other ute and boat..
We had to sacrifice a reasonable amount of gear to make it fit. That hurt.
Had no choice but to gut the boat.. Ripped out all the centre console and flooring. right down to bare the metal.
Then lifted and flipped the boat and what's left of the trailer trailer on top of the 2nd boat. Like a bizzare lid with half a trailer on it.
Strapped that fucker down nice and tight and started the slow trek back home.

What a couple of days 🤣
No pics?!

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
No pics?!

Yeah mate I got some pics, none of the upside down boat on a boat lol still have to sort through them all and get the photos that the rest of the fellas took..

An awesome messed up story of adventure!!!
Friggin awesomesauce my friend.
Sounds about like a few I've had, but with different scenery. Lmfao.
I guess we know what will be being posted on the what i did today thread in the upcoming weeks/days. Lol.
A boat trailer repair tutorial.......with weed. Lmfao
Mate. It was a gnarly trip from start to finish that's for sure..
I'm already starting to plan the next one 🤣 next one will be minimum 2 weeks and a convoy of at least 4 rigs and a metric fuck ton of spares lol

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Yeah mate I got some pics, none of the upside down boat on a boat lol still have to sort through them all and get the photos that the rest of the fellas took..

Mate. It was a gnarly trip from start to finish that's for sure..
I'm already starting to plan the next one 🤣 next one will be minimum 2 weeks and a convoy of at least 4 rigs and a metric fuck ton of spares lol
Actually really hype to see the spot you visited. Am a straight sucker for scenery. I adore mother nature.

Dope Heffalump

Tip burner
Woke up hung over and grateful to be alive and i contemplated Memorial Day for a while with a cup of Joe.
Took the 100# propane cylinder to town for a fill up, filled up the truck with diesel, filled the reservoirs, grilled some chicken, yelled at the wife, kid and dog, drank some beer, smoked some Malawi x Goblins Gold, said sorry for being a dick, shaved my head and labelled the keepers for regeneration.

Going to bed early, cause i have to catch a plane to the village in the morning.
I wish you all a safe and merry summer. (y)

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
Actually really hype to see the spot you visited. Am a straight sucker for scenery. I adore mother nature.
Here ya go then mate.. just a few happy snaps

Attachments