What did you do today?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Only thing I could afford. It was 50k. Ya get what ya pay for. We have put tens of thousands into this house, water system, plumbing, septic.
That ain't shit. Wanna see some picsResized952019050495160932957567.jpg
My old 2001 gsxr 1000. Did 200+ mph. Sold it because I have a wife, kid, and a house now.
0806171631_HDR.jpg
She ain't perfect. But shes all ours!
0717171751.jpg
Ya ever had over 5+ year old shit in your basement? And ya I grew there. Some fucking fire too. Coco dtw shit. I let em drip right down the drain.

Attachments

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
Went to work at my.part time job after working 10 hours at my regular job, to have my boss have me replace a whole left front suspension on a chevy cruze and all the parts were wrong, than he has me put another car together and who ever took it apart didnt save any of the hardware. Fuck that im not wasting my night looking around the shop lpoking for every bolt and clip i need. My ass is leaving.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Went to work at my.part time job after working 10 hours at my regular job, to have my boss have me replace a whole left front suspension on a chevy cruze and all the parts were wrong, than he has me put another car together and who ever took it apart didnt save any of the hardware. Fuck that im not wasting my night looking around the shop lpoking for every bolt and clip i need. My ass is leaving.
I at one time had several clients that owned auto body repair shops. I remember them talking about how cheaply some makes were made with nuts bolts clips. Then they spoke of vehicles like Toyota, Volvo, and others that had most of the nuts were welded on to the parts like fenders. I recall another one that had the contract on fixing any damaged vehicles while unloading ships from the entry port. The most cost effective way at the time was to the dock workers to drive them off the ships. The body shop owner said they always Trash a few while unloading

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
I at one time had several clients that owned auto body repair shops. I remember them talking about how cheaply some makes were made with nuts bolts clips. Then they spoke of vehicles like Toyota, Volvo, and others that had most of the nuts were welded on to the parts like fenders. I recall another one that had the contract on fixing any damaged vehicles while unloading ships from the entry port. The most cost effective way at the time was to the dock workers to drive them off the ships. The body shop owner said they always Trash a few while unloading
The owner has all of these different people take them apart and rather than save the hardware for it they just throw it wherever and dont care who has to put it back together. I constsntly tell him about it. I even brought him a whole case of paint cups for him to put all of the hardware in. I told him im only painting or doing frame work or mechanicsl work, no more assembling cars. I wasted 3 hours down there looking for bolts, clips, brackets, screws, etc. I got pissed off and told him im leaving

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Thanks man.
What happens, happens though, is what it is. I want to keep the house, but if I can't I still have a fair bit of equity walk away $ that will get me into a new house to turn into my new castle. Ill be sad and miss this house, but everythings happens for a reason. May just not be able to see it yet.
Main thing is winning the half custody battle, she's trying to get 100%.
Just a really horrible person she's being.
Done with the shitty shit shit talk now. Lol

In other news I did an up pot of BooNanna into a 1 gal tonight. Yay.
Stupid Roxy though went dipshit and sent her root skyward.
View attachment 6740
She's now the littlest reroot attempt I've ever done. Lmfao.
View attachment 6741
I finished taking off the shell cap then I cut off the dead tip, and gave her a tiny slice with a bit of rooting powder, stuck her in the right way down. See what happens now.
View attachment 6742
Pray for her. Lol. Man she's got no brains foe sho.
Ahahahah🤣🤣🤣🤣

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
If things don't gel for ya with the house.,...it might be a good time to move to the mountains, Jesse. A guy with tools who can perform quality work can always stay busy up here in the hills....

Best of luck.
Thats what my mama always told me!
Find a trade son ,
You'll never be without.
Ya May have to travel some.
A lot.
But its a livin.... Its a breed, a culture, its rhe perfectionist/ OCD in us. Its a brotherhood.

D

Deleted member 60

Just chuckin' that shit out there. When you are in change is the time to make change. (IMO)

It's a weird set up.....that "out on the sticks" thing. We don't have the population to draw from that the city does that offers endless work...we have the exact opposite...a small population with fewer folks who CAN perform skilled work. Thus..everybody i know who does the remodel/etc thing is always super busy....nobody advertises...it's all just word of mouth if you are worth your shit. Likewise..if you aren't puttin out quality...that word travels as fast...or faster. It's a bit different here on the "on the sly" stuff as well. Permits are pulled for the really big stuff...but a lot of stuff goes on under the radar here.....for sure. It's kinda up to the owner/contractor to decide upon.... 'nuff said.

The downside is that real estate is kinda the same as Denver...always goin' up. A professional like yourself could probably swing it....but the regular, hourly, service job type folks here are destined to rent....and share housing. The resort areas are a double-edged sword. Really expensive rents/house prices...but you can make crazy wages/good cash for your work in those multi-million dollar homes.

I share your dad's theory....but I respect those who do it all for a living. None of it is truly Rocket Science, IMO...but it IS hard, physical work and you can tell who does/doesn't care when you see a finished job.
And now....with no job/retired/etc....I have too much time on my hands and kinda >need< to have shit to do....LOL. You can only sit around and get fucked up so much...LOL....the rest of the time you gotta be doing >something<. At least that's how I am....

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Just chuckin' that shit out there. When you are in change is the time to make change. (IMO)

It's a weird set up.....that "out on the sticks" thing. We don't have the population to draw from that the city does that offers endless work...we have the exact opposite...a small population with fewer folks who CAN perform skilled work. Thus..everybody i know who does the remodel/etc thing is always super busy....nobody advertises...it's all just word of mouth if you are worth your shit. Likewise..if you aren't puttin out quality...that word travels as fast...or faster. It's a bit different here on the "on the sly" stuff as well. Permits are pulled for the really big stuff...but a lot of stuff goes on under the radar here.....for sure. It's kinda up to the owner/contractor to decide upon.... 'nuff said.

The downside is that real estate is kinda the same as Denver...always goin' up. A professional like yourself could probably swing it....but the regular, hourly, service job type folks here are destined to rent....and share housing. The resort areas are a double-edged sword. Really expensive rents/house prices...but you can make crazy wages/good cash for your work in those multi-million dollar homes.

I share your dad's theory....but I respect those who do it all for a living. None of it is truly Rocket Science, IMO...but it IS hard, physical work and you can tell who does/doesn't care when you see a finished job.
And now....with no job/retired/etc....I have too much time on my hands and kinda >need< to have shit to do....LOL. You can only sit around and get fucked up so much...LOL....the rest of the time you gotta be doing >something<. At least that's how I am....
I wonder how I'm gonna feel in 20+ years of doing this. I was an electrician, commercial in FL, for 10 years. Then I got hooked on oxys, nuff said. I did happen to get a BS in construction mgmt before my mom passed amd I hit rock bottom.
So when I came out of rhe fog and into the light I uswd my degree the best way i knew i could get trained correctly , i joined a union. Its ok, the bennys are excellent! But its union so theres always a higher up,to shit on ya. But im a 33 yr old 4th year apprentice but I love learning new shit that applys to my degree full circle.
Now if I could sit in an office id ve all set

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
I wonder how I'm gonna feel in 20+ years of doing this. I was an electrician, commercial in FL, for 10 years. Then I got hooked on oxys, nuff said. I did happen to get a BS in construction mgmt before my mom passed amd I hit rock bottom.
So when I came out of rhe fog and into the light I uswd my degree the best way i knew i could get trained correctly , i joined a union. Its ok, the bennys are excellent! But its union so theres always a higher up,to shit on ya. But im a 33 yr old 4th year apprentice but I love learning new shit that applys to my degree full circle.
Now if I could sit in an office id ve all set
I been through the exact same shit bro.. been clean 12 years feb 12. Trust me it gets better. Sray with the union, you will always have a job. I wish my job was union, but its not.