West Coast Chronicles

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Appreciate the heads up my friend. I'm not worried a bit.
On the CS4 you posted above, was she a light feeder or heavy? Also it looks like her leaves have a soft rounded serrations vs sharp and pointy. Is that true for the rest of her leaves?
Most definitely. I personally haven’t really ran into stubborn differences of light vs. heavy feeders yet. I’ve always grown multiple strains at one time, and I always mix up the same feed for all of them. If some are looking hungry, they all get the next dose of increased feed. With that said, I didn’t run anything higher than 20g of Mega Crop per 5 gallons on this run. I was under feeding in the beginning at 10-15g, but once they got 20g’s they were good.

I know I was planning to check the CS for serration differences, so I apologize if I forgot and never got back to you. I don’t recall if I did or didn’t. Lately it’s like a race against the clock to knock out the punch list by the time I get home along side of single dad responsibilities. The CS4 above was pretty consistent with the slightly rounded serrations. I have a little work that needs to be done in there tonight if I get home early enough. I’ll try to remember to pop into the dark room and take another look at the others. I chopped a lot of the fan leaves off, but I did leave a few on. Hopefully it’ll be enough to get an idea.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Looks like the fade pic are the most popular. I had one in there but i voted for that cool looking male of @yougrowyourway's
For sure. There’s just something alluring to the fade pics. All of the different coloring catches the eye and brings just a different dimension to the beauty of the plant. It’s like purple. I wouldn’t say I’m not a fan of purple, but it certainly doesn’t do anything for me other than look cool. I’ve personally never experienced purple being anything special other than color. For the most part, the majority of the best weed I’ve ever smoked didn’t have any purple hues at all. But purple still gets a lot of folks excited. The amount of purple I ended up with wasn’t part of the original plan at all. It just ended up that way. The GelatOG was the only one I wanted to play with for its deep purple coloring. And I wasn’t even aware of the purple in that strain until I found it. But once I saw that coloring, I knew I wanted to try and make a powerhouse out of it while trying to retain that color. Mainly because on a personal opinion level, I’m usually disappointed with purple strains I’ve tried in the past. Maybe I subconsciously have higher expectations for them. So I wanted to change that opinion I have and try to make a purple strain that I can be proud of. Ironically enough, my non-purple pheno of the Ground Pounder looks like she wants to kick my ass in a bad way. Go figure. Lol.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Most definitely. I personally haven’t really ran into stubborn differences of light vs. heavy feeders yet. I’ve always grown multiple strains at one time, and I always mix up the same feed for all of them. If some are looking hungry, they all get the next dose of increased feed. With that said, I didn’t run anything higher than 20g of Mega Crop per 5 gallons on this run. I was under feeding in the beginning at 10-15g, but once they got 20g’s they were good.

I know I was planning to check the CS for serration differences, so I apologize if I forgot and never got back to you. I don’t recall if I did or didn’t. Lately it’s like a race against the clock to knock out the punch list by the time I get home along side of single dad responsibilities. The CS4 above was pretty consistent with the slightly rounded serrations. I have a little work that needs to be done in there tonight if I get home early enough. I’ll try to remember to pop into the dark room and take another look at the others. I chopped a lot of the fan leaves off, but I did leave a few on. Hopefully it’ll be enough to get an idea.
Please let us know. I'm quite curious myself. I just upped my feed to 4 grams MC a gallon for the babies. Good to know they'll be happy there. Jenny on the other hand is getting 8 grams a gallon and still looks hungry. Whore. 🤣
Looks like the fade pic are the most popular. I had one in there but i voted for that cool looking male of @yougrowyourway's
You're the man Capt. I loved that male with his purple hues.

Last edited:

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
For sure. There’s just something alluring to the fade pics. All of the different coloring catches the eye and brings just a different dimension to the beauty of the plant. It’s like purple. I wouldn’t say I’m not a fan of purple, but it certainly doesn’t do anything for me other than look cool. I’ve personally never experienced purple being anything special other than color. For the most part, the majority of the best weed I’ve ever smoked didn’t have any purple hues at all. But purple still gets a lot of folks excited. The amount of purple I ended up with wasn’t part of the original plan at all. It just ended up that way. The GelatOG was the only one I wanted to play with for its deep purple coloring. And I wasn’t even aware of the purple in that strain until I found it. But once I saw that coloring, I knew I wanted to try and make a powerhouse out of it while trying to retain that color. Mainly because on a personal opinion level, I’m usually disappointed with purple strains I’ve tried in the past. Maybe I subconsciously have higher expectations for them. So I wanted to change that opinion I have and try to make a purple strain that I can be proud of. Ironically enough, my non-purple pheno of the Ground Pounder looks like she wants to kick my a ss in a bad way. Go figure. Lol.
Seems like a lot of other folks share the same opinion of the purple strains. I had quite a bit of purple in the Mac 1 that i have. I did have several people say it was REALLY good but for me not so much. I can here all the purple strain lovers chomping at the bit to respond.LOL

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
For sure. There’s just something alluring to the fade pics. All of the different coloring catches the eye and brings just a different dimension to the beauty of the plant. It’s like purple. I wouldn’t say I’m not a fan of purple, but it certainly doesn’t do anything for me other than look cool. I’ve personally never experienced purple being anything special other than color. For the most part, the majority of the best weed I’ve ever smoked didn’t have any purple hues at all. But purple still gets a lot of folks excited. The amount of purple I ended up with wasn’t part of the original plan at all. It just ended up that way. The GelatOG was the only one I wanted to play with for its deep purple coloring. And I wasn’t even aware of the purple in that strain until I found it. But once I saw that coloring, I knew I wanted to try and make a powerhouse out of it while trying to retain that color. Mainly because on a personal opinion level, I’m usually disappointed with purple strains I’ve tried in the past. Maybe I subconsciously have higher expectations for them. So I wanted to change that opinion I have and try to make a purple strain that I can be proud of. Ironically enough, my non-purple pheno of the Ground Pounder looks like she wants to kick my ass in a bad way. Go figure. Lol.
Never been a purple fan myself, except for color. Whenever our connects would re up they'd tell us "we got the kill and it's green, we know you like that over the purple." Don't get me wrong I've had some decent purple but if given a choice greens all the way.

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
Public Service Announcement: @spyralout @SoLowDoughLow @Jesselikes2Grow @yougrowyourway @Texagonian @SmithsJunk

For full transparency: When trimming the first Ground Pounder that finished up there was one lone seed on a lower. There weren't any nanners present or visible on the plant. I have a full tray of pollinated clones in the center of the tent. I also had the outer edges of the tent lined with pollinated plants. I did possibly contaminate the tent on the last round of pollinations, (What I was originally thinking) but it's unconfirmed. I pollinated clone groups staggered a week apart. When placing the last pollinated group back into the flower tent, I realized I forgot to do my second wash before moving it in. I noticed some leaves were still covered with pollen. I always rinse twice. Once while in the veg rack before moving them out, and a second time once they're outside while enroute to the flower tent. In this particular instance, I actually forgot the second wash. So I'm uncertain if the pollen was neutralized completely or not. But there was one seed in the first Ground Pounder. I also immediately sprayed down those newly pollinated plants again once I noticed the pollen on there leaves still. But it could have potentially been a little too late for some lone pollen to find its way through the tent if it was in fact still viable.

Tonight I pulled all but four plants out for their 48 hours of darkness before chop. I was cutting most of the fan leaves off before the move and toward the end of this, I noticed dried male flower parts (most likely a nanner) stuck to the tip of my scissors. I have no idea who this came from but I began looking them over. I can't find or see any nanners anywhere on any of them. But I won't know for certain until I'm in deep, trimming. Nor will I know if they're seeded at all until then. If a sporadic nanner exposes itself at any point, I also won't know if it's viable pollen being released or if it's sterile. Unless of course I start finding seeds while trimming.

If I do find a fair amount of seeds, but no sporadic nanners anywhere, it could have very well been from the pollen contamination possibility. But I still couldn't be certain of that with what I saw today. So this is quite the mental conundrum for me and my test group.

With that said, I have never grown anything that spit out nanners, ever. Nor have I ever seen any on these throughout this entire test grow. All I know is what I saw today on the tip of my scissors. So I want to pass this information along to all of you, so you can be aware and stay vigilant looking for possible late flower nanners. I certainly wouldn't hold it against any of you if you didn't want to deal with it and culled or didn't grow any of the seeds. I just don't have all of the information yet, and I'm uncertain who it could possibly be from. It's throwing me for a loop. Nothing I've ever grown or used expressed this trait. So I'm not sure if one of these crosses brought it forward a little or not. I'm fairly confident it's not a dominant trait, because nothing has ever been visible or at least seen. And Solo, I'd still be willing to bet your mystery plant that was covered in them wasn't a Ground Pounder. If these girls threw one, it was a fucking stealthy ninja.

Even still, this little finding and uncertainty has taken a little wind out of my sail. Because I have to say almost all of these girls look absolutely gorgeous with their coloring, flowering structure, and trichome coverage. Even most of their aromas are just immaculate. One nose today was Grape Otter Pop Concentrate and another was freshly baked blueberry muffins. Both being strongly distinct, not faint. Even some of what I would consider the ugly flower structured phenotypes were covered in textured beach sand trichomes reminiscent of the BCK.

So it will be gut wrenching if I find any nanners or seeds during trim, and I end up getting back some off of the charts, super dank smoke reports back from Spyral. Because they already look the part.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed everything turns out okay. But I needed to share this none the less. I greatly appreciate all of you helping me test these seeds, and like I mentioned before, if the risk or potential risk isn't worth it for your real estate, I totally understand.

That is all
Phylex
Dude, finding a bean here and there in a harvest is nothing uncommon. It doesn't matter what strain is grown all cannabis females have, not only the potential, but a high likelihood of developing seeds if they're run late enough. This is not a genetic defect but a survival mechanism built into the species. If a female isn't pollenated during the regular course of the season it will very sporadically self pollenate in an attemp to propigate before it dies. Anyone who grows large outdoor plants is familiar with this phenomenon. Every single one of my full season outdoor plants has produced at least a few beans at an average of one seed per every lb or two. I consider them a nice bonus and have grown several healthy sensi plants from them.

Now, if you find an uncommonly large quantity of bananas or beans on a fem then you need to look into genetics and/or environmental factors.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Dude, finding a bean here and there in a harvest is nothing uncommon. It doesn't matter what strain is grown all cannabis females have, not only the potential, but a high likelihood of developing seeds if they're run late enough. This is not a genetic defect but a survival mechanism built into the species. If a female isn't pollenated during the regular course of the season it will very sporadically self pollenate in an attemp to propigate before it dies. Anyone who grows large outdoor plants is familiar with this phenomenon. Every single one of my full season outdoor plants has produced at least a few beans at an average of one seed per every lb or two. I consider them a nice bonus and have grown several healthy sensi plants from them.

Now, if you find an uncommonly large quantity of bananas or beans on a fem then you need to look into genetics and/or environmental factors.
This is pretty accurate, sad I didn't think about that. I doubt it was a Herm case.
I should have popped more than one lol, look like a boy to u guys?View attachment 25180
Yes, yes he does. Who TF is he?!

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Also it looks like her leaves have a soft rounded serrations vs sharp and pointy. Is that true for the rest of her leaves?
Please let us know. I'm quite curious myself.
So I popped into the dark room this evening and none of the phenotypes have distinctly sharp serrations throughout the plant. About half of them are slightly rounded from top to bottom, and the other half have a sharper serration on the lower portion and slowly round out throughout the upper growth.

8 Grams damn how many PPM's is that?
The most I’ve ever pushed was 30 grams/5 gallons and that was on the previous grow. If I recall, it was right around 1100-1200 ppm. It didn’t burn the plants, but it was more than I was used to. When feeding by ppm, I always tried to stay around 800. That was my last grow using ppm and I’ve since switched to just reading EC. And lately, rather than trying to feed heavy and pushing them to their limit, I’ve been trying the opposite and feeding them as little as possible.

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
This is pretty accurate, sad I didn't think about that. I doubt it was a Herm case.
Thanks.

Though finding beans on sensi plants isn't uncommon, I belive this information is. Most growers don't meet the conditions required to cause occasional sensi beans because they harvest early or dep grow. When it does happen people usually chalk it up to bees, rogue males, or stress herm's and don't look any further into the life and breeding cycle of cannabis. It was a pretty obscure fact that I had to do a lot of research to find. When few ask a question the answer isn't always readily available.

I keep a vigilant eye for random beans while trimming each fall. The last 2 yrs I've grown 5 plants from randoms and look forward to finding them on my favorite strains. I offer an 8th to my most regular co-op clients for every bean they find in my best strains. I hope I get some from my Banana Crack again this year. Such a killer strain.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks.

Though finding beans on sensi plants isn't uncommon, I belive this information is. Most growers don't meet the conditions required to cause occasional sensi beans because they harvest early or dep grow. When it does happen people usually chalk it up to bees, rogue males, or stress herm's and don't look any further into the life and breeding cycle of cannabis. It was a pretty obscure fact that I had to do a lot of research to find. When few ask a question the answer isn't always readily available.

I keep a vigilant eye for random beans while trimming each fall. The last 2 yrs I've grown 5 plants from randoms and look forward to finding them on my favorite strains. I offer an 8th to my most regular co-op clients for every bean they find in my best strains. I hope I get some from my Banana Crack again this year. Such a killer strain.
Most definitely. I have too many variables in the tent currently to really be certain and narrow it down just yet. But I’m certainly on mission to get to the bottom of it. I’m glad to see you back around brother. You’ve been missed. I hope all is well in your neck of the woods, and these power outages aren’t creating to much of an issue for you up there.