Vertical Goodness and Other Batshit Craziness

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
20220215_220628.jpg

Sad day. I put these in last week and they were so happy. The temperature in the RDWC shot up to 75 or maybe even higher and that was it. They stalled and I'm not gonna throw more time and expensive energy waiting on them to figure out out. So these are headed for the compost pile.

The good news is that the panda film tub cover with active cold air cooling from outside works like the business so I'm gonna throw another batch in here and I'm sure they'll be fine.

Watch this space!

Never underestimate the power of a bunch of women to fuck up your best laid plans;
View attachment 108917

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to hang weights from the damn trellis to straighten it out!
Don't take no shit off some punk ass net pots up in this hibbity bibbty ttystikk!
Hmmm... Got any 2 X 4(or 6) around the house? If you do a couple of strategically placed pieces across the top of your fallen net pots to straighten them out and then maybe a couple of ratchet straps to hold them down to your tub?.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
View attachment 108870

Sad day. I put these in last week and they were so happy. The temperature in the RDWC shot up to 75 or maybe even higher and that was it. They stalled and I'm not gonna throw more time and expensive energy waiting on them to figure out out. So these are headed for the compost pile.

The good news is that the panda film tub cover with active cold air cooling from outside works like the business so I'm gonna throw another batch in here and I'm sure they'll be fine.

Watch this space!
So I yanked the plug overnight and lo and behold this morning there's a bunch of light green on the shoots...

So now what?! The water is doing great now with the fix I put in and do I dunno...

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Don't take no shit off some punk ass net pots up in this hibbity bibbty ttystikk!
Hmmm... Got any 2 X 4(or 6) around the house? If you do a couple of strategically placed pieces across the top of your fallen net pots to straighten them out and then maybe a couple of ratchet straps to hold them down to your tub?.
The netpots haven't fallen, they're just tilted from the movement of the trellis. The table floods deep enough that those girls won't be hurting for water, either.

I'm using a bungee cord at this end and a screw in the wall at the other end to help keep the trellis panel in place. It's made of fencing so it's fairly rigid. The girls all worked together to move it!

Tonight is the first full night of bloom.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
20220219_163358.jpg

Week 5, I think? These girls are coming along nicely in a relatively low intensity environment. Temperatures are in the mid 70s, RH is in the 60s, RDWC water stats are 70F, pH 5.7, EC 1.8.

This run is as close to autopilot as any I've ever done.

Bustenbeans

Smoke pot, eat twat and smile alot
View attachment 108555
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The way I understand it is when you add this stuff to your nutes it is essentially inoculating them with Bacillus long word strain of bacteria so other bacteria strains like pythium have no where to grow. It is super basic bitch approach and it totally works in my dwc buckets/cloner. You should totally think about scoring a small bottle(it's cheap 20$) of it and try it in your cloner with a couple of cuts if it works there then maybe give it a go in small veg, big veg, then hopefully bloom. .
100 percent agreed. I can let my cloner rock out for 2 weeks at a time now with No rez change and before using this product I'd be lucky to get 6 days before I had to change it.. water temperature for my airo right now is 76/81f constant. I only use SA and whatever cloneX makes it into the 3 gallons rez from the cut's took. I use more than what's recommended though..2 ml in 3 gallons..

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
100 percent agreed. I can let my cloner rock out for 2 weeks at a time now with No rez change and before using this product I'd be lucky to get 6 days before I had to change it.. water temperature for my airo right now is 76/81f constant. I only use SA and whatever cloneX makes it into the 3 gallons rez from the cut's took. I use more than what's recommended though..2 ml in 3 gallons..
SA?

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Ok, so after rehanging the insulated ducting, this morning's water temperature is 64! That's a drop of 8F overnight with all the lights running. I did not have it running full bore, either. It seems that modulating the cooling effect will be the main challenge.

Obviously this won't work come summer but it's going to be pretty nice until then.
at least you have a halter on a small section of mother natures gifts.