Under Construction: Proceed With Caution! Buckets That Bubble & More...

Clones are exploding right now....The Wedding Cake on the far left looks like it has a Nitrogen Toxicity. Strawberry Cough is the middle and the Blue Zskittles is on the right. The 2 bigger ones are feeding in the 900ppm range. I dropped the PPM to around 450 on the Wedding Cake.

I AM OPEN TO TRADING ROOTED CLONES OF ANYTHING IN MY GARDEN....

Very back and to the left is Washing Machine from Ripper Seeds. This strain is known to be extremely heavy in trichome production. This plant will be ran without any modifications. No topping at all. I will defoliate a little but other then that....plain.

107839432_583154552346656_2710231842366294915_n.jpg

Got a big project on my hands tomorrow. So when I first setting up to do the 4 plant DWC run that I have currently flowering at the moment, I had bought the buckets and lids from Lowe's. The buckets are doing great however....the lids on the other hand are somewhat flimsy. Enough that the holes that hold the plastic netting cups are cracking. So....I went out and bought a bunch of " heavy duty " lids. Well not actually called that but the plastic is much more thicker. I am going to be swapping the current lids with the new lids. This is 100% something new or even other growers should know about so they don't run into the problem I am having right now. I had the Blue Monster actually fall inside somewhat today which is how I discovered the problem. No harmful affects yet but hopefully tomorrow goes as smooth as possible. I'll post a few pics tomorrow to show exactly what I am talking about.

The stretch on the DWC plants is no joke at all. I still am impressed with how much faster and bigger they grow compared to soil plants. You may not be able to see exactly how tall my DWC plants are in pictures but they are a little shorter then me and I am 6ft tall. This will be my first multi plant harvest for hydroponics too. My 1 plant run did great so that's why I switched things up a bit. I'll have to look back but I believe I am about 3 weeks into flower now with them.

1594516548752.png
107732056_282986889578597_431607376984888530_n.jpg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I went cheap because I didnt even think it would be for me. I am not to big on vapes, pens, waxes and so on. If I am pressing and not getting anythinig is it because the press isnt hot enough or I am not pressing long enough.
You need a lot of pressure. When I made it in the past I had to use a clamp to get enough pressure for it to work right with a hair straightener.

Those hand presses are hard to use and, IMHO, get pretty poor results. Have you thought about maybe making some temple balls instead of pressing the oils out of the hash? I’m finding I actually prefer the old school hash more than the higher concentration stuff people are making nowadays.
I have not pressed hash as of yet. Just flower. I am going to make oil but I need to drive to Jersey at minimum to grab Everclear. We dont carry it here in Pa.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have not pressed hash as of yet. Just flower. I am going to make oil but I need to drive to Jersey at minimum to grab Everclear. We dont carry it here in Pa.
You can make hash easier with ice water or dry ice. Frenchy has some great tutorials on his YouTube page. I used ice water the last time I did a run and it worked well, but drying it properly is tedious. I don’t think drying is necessary with the dry ice method. This was my yield off of 2 pounds of heavily seeded flower last year.

8D20FA19-395B-4C67-BE6E-34950EC93FF4.jpeg

Here’s a link to one of his playlists that I learned from. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdz6GX4tiTlK6NN3y2_wQDG-WTYBcReiX

You can make hash easier with ice water or dry ice. Frenchy has some great tutorials on his YouTube page. I used ice water the last time I did a run and it worked well, but drying it properly is tedious. I don’t think drying is necessary with the dry ice method. This was my yield off of 2 pounds of heavily seeded flower last year.

View attachment 64207

Here’s a link to one of his playlists that I learned from. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdz6GX4tiTlK6NN3y2_wQDG-WTYBcReiX
Yea I watched his washing tutorial on a thread on this forum a last week which got me thinking I should grab a washer and some bags. I think hash will be the way to go for me honestly. Little less easier on my lungs. 20+ years of heavy smoking will do that I guess. I believe I posted the machine and bags maybe on the page prior on this journal.

So the lid swap went much better then I intended...usually projects like this are the worse ones to deal with. At least for me....I thought putting the roots back into the new lid was gonna be where the problem was and honestly....super easy. Still in all....not a problem that you want to have when your plants are in full flower. My suggestion....stay far away from the Lowe's lids.
107381960_3135916529795235_5493632527808406205_n.jpg

Here's the ladies after the lid swap. A little sad but they also got res changes and their nutes bumped up to the 1200 range. I'll keep them around the 1200-1400 range from this point out until I see either they need more or less. Also I'll drop the PPM's in the final 2 weeks of flower. 109095543_1483953618464159_73203504701266020_n.jpg

Wedding Cakes's nitro tox seems to have corrected itself. Newer growth is coming in alot lighter in color. I did drop PPM on her for a little bit to let her correct herself. I'll move it back up to the 600-800 range this upcoming week.

Slight Calcium def starting on the Strawberry Cough. Possible heavy feeder? Moved the calmag from 10ml to 15ml in the res.

Blue Zskittles is the largest of the 3. Nearly double in size. Need clone takers if not she needs to flower soon.
107383558_591809228191247_801687347427320521_n.jpg