Under Construction: Proceed With Caution! Buckets That Bubble & More...

So I have been gone a while now. A little period in my life that needed to be addressed before growing of any kind could continue. Now that this part is completed, I feel it's time to get back to what I know most and do best....Growing cannabis!!! I also used to be a soil only type grower....that will be out the window as well. I will be using 4 five gallon DWC buckets as well as 4 five gallon coco or soil pots. Strain selection is not decided at the moment. More info to come...stay tuned.

DWC strains are as follows: Jack Herer , Cosmic Lights , Blue Monster & Jedi Glue
Soil strains are as follows: Blue Tahoe Cheese , 3 Run Homer , Power Glue and Shock Trauma

The nutrients for the DWC, I will be using the GH Flora Series.
The nutrients for soil will be Fox Farms trio including Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil.
Cal-mag from GH for both plants.

For veg they will be going into my 3x3 tent under 24/0 lighting and I reduce an hour each week until I flip them into flower. All strains listed above are all photoperiod seeds. Light used in this area is a Mars-Hydro TS-3000.

Once they have been modified for flower, ( topped, trained and whatever else ) they will be moved into my new room. I am finishing up on the build of that room so specs might change on that as well. Right now I am using 2x TSL-2000's and 1 SP-250. I do have a SP-3000 heading in as well.

For the DWC....each site will have it's own res. 5 gallon bucket with 1 air stone per bucket. I have the 10cm flat plate-like air stones. I bought pretty much everything from Lowe's to build the buckets. Now I know they can get big fast so the 4 buckets will have a 5x8 ft room to grow wild in.

If u had to choose between the new sp250 and the old tsl 2000 , which would you prefer?
Well....they have a newer version of their SP-250 coming out. Called the SP-3000. If I had to pick one though it would be the SP-250 every day and twice on Sunday. But....that does not take away from the TSL-2000. I just prefer the look and how the Sp-250 is built.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Well....they have a newer version of their SP-250 coming out. Called the SP-3000. If I had to pick one though it would be the SP-250 every day and twice on Sunday. But....that does not take away from the TSL-2000. I just prefer the look and how the Sp-250 is built.
Same here . Running both and am having a hard time choosing which to put into the 4x4 w my 400 hps.

Same here . Running both and am having a hard time choosing which to put into the 4x4 w my 400 hps.
I would pick the SP-250 on the fact alone the specs are better. The newer version has dimmer switches, upgraded diodes and they also added more reds on the board as well. You can't actually order it yet but when you buy the SP-250 from US warehouses....they ship the newer version instead of the older one. If anything....I would both in the 4x4 instead of the HPS but that's just me.

Basic DWC setup. Lowe's buckets spray painted black with a few layers. These will also be wrapped on the outside the reflect any light off the buckets. Curious to see if it drops the water temp at all. I do not have a chiller as of yet but one will be in store very soon. I will link the pump and air stones that I am using as well. 100482965_537905240450503_1639672695178133504_n.jpg

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I would pick the SP-250 on the fact alone the specs are better. The newer version has dimmer switches, upgraded diodes and they also added more reds on the board as well. You can't actually order it yet but when you buy the SP-250 from US warehouses....they ship the newer version instead of the older one. If anything....I would both in the 4x4 instead of the HPS but that's just me.
Damn it! I just ordered one a few weeks ago and really wish it had a dimmer knob. No big deals but that’s a nice upgrade for sure!

Damn it! I just ordered one a few weeks ago and really wish it had a dimmer knob. No big deals but that’s a nice upgrade for sure!
The current ones can be dimmed if you did not know that. There's a part right near the driver to turn it up or down. The newer one will just have an actual dial instead of using a flathead screwdriver. Not sure if that's what they are called up your way.