Under Construction: Proceed With Caution! Buckets That Bubble & More...

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Got a question about mother plants....or making a mom.

Can a clone be cloned? Can I take a cut from a cut then root it and turn that cut into the mom? OR....do I take a bunch of cuts, flower those out and leave the original cut to be the mom?
I take a bunch and send mom into bloom . Then take some from them and so on. Rinse and repeat. Either way is fine though

So I have been trying to wrap my mind around a concept....

BRO-SCIENCE VS ACTUAL SCIENCE

Bro science as we call it has always been the back seat driver to actual science...or at least what I see. But hey....with actual science, things can be proven or debunked. However....why does bro science get knocked as bad as it does? If a method works, it works!!!! Note*** using as a quick example I do not know if this is proven or not.***

If Grower A has a journal that is ran properly and so forth....and he takes his plant, splits the stem 24 hours prior to harvest. But he does not do it on a plant from the same mom as the plant that had it's stem split. Now.....if you can see a noticeable or major difference in the flower and goes ahead and says " stem splitting in the last 24 hours prior to harvest increases trichome production ". This would be bro science correct?

Now Grower B is a scientist and reads GROWER A's journal , decides to test this theory out. So....now he's running 2 clones from the same mom and in the same conditions. His plants however....show a difference but aren't different in THC %'s.

So....is it safe to say bro science can be just as helpful if not better then actual science? I would see it like a Bill Gates type thing....give the hardest jobs to the laziest people to find the easiest way to do it.

Like I said...the subject is just an example and nothing more.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I was always under the assumption that you can't clone clones. But I never really cared about cloning so I never did the work on reading into it.
I heard the myth too. People run till flip. Take a clone. When that's finished they take a clone from the next before flip and so on. 2 month veg though and my plants would be growing out my roof.

I heard the myth too. People run till flip. Take a clone. When that's finished they take a clone from the next before flip and so on. 2 month veg though and my plants would be growing out my roof.
My DWC plants in flower right now vegged for about 4 weeks and they are almost as tall as me. I am 6ft on the dot. I normally just ran multi strains chopped and repeat with a new selection. I have not flowered out many clones at all. Could probably count them all on 1 hand honestly. With my spaces finally put together, figured it's time to find some moms and run them over and over. I am just going to keep my original clones and flower them out and take new cuts to be the moms. No reason to really set myself back a few weeks by doing it the other way around.

So I pulled a bunch of my older veg plants out, my bottle of clonex, a shit ton of rapid rooters, and everything else I needed. I start taking some cuts....then my wife walks in. ( FacePalm ) she's like...I am not even asking but what on earth are you trying to accomplish. I tell her you can never have enough plants and always have room for one more....