The_Artisans_Guild

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Couple more days until they get flipped. Can’t believe how big they got over the past week.

A08FFE00-B7C1-4D75-8CCE-FCB72AB8868B.jpeg

Kinda bummed I have to figure out another setup for breeding. Didn’t think to check the amps in the new spot. Not sure what I’m going to do yet. I might have to call an electrician and have him put a 20 amp breaker in.

Everything running normally is no problem but as soon as it gets hot and that ac has to come on I think it’s gonna pop it.

I wanted to add another 2x2 and 125w or 200w Cfl for these small chucks but that’s just not possible with how everything is currently wired

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Kobe’s #1-4 all looking good after being topped 1 last time.

Finally got the girls back in the tent and ready for the flip this week.

On at least 1 of them I’ll be trying the 1 node and flip method basically starting at the top of the stem and counting down to the 4th node and removing everything below it

Also I’m not sure what I’m gonna do with Kobe #5 now that my breeding project is on hold thanks to a 15 amp breaker. Prolly take a couple clones from her and discard.

EAED536A-9412-4EFC-BA36-BFCD003F6ABA.jpeg

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Dealing with some slow growth in the seedling tent. At first I thought it was just the strain but I’m noticing everything under the cfl has had slower growth than normal.

So I walked in this morning and I can see the cfl almost flickering. Not bad but just starting to go. It doesn’t seem as bright as it used to be

I’m gonna pick up a new one and see if we can get the smaller girls back on track.

1 of the Wonka Bars came out a little mutated. Missing it’s leafs on the left side. If she doesn’t fix herself soon she’s getting the boot

The mitten cake batter that survived is looking great even with the light running like shit.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Should be in her 1st week of flower. Couple more days. I started defoliation before I start 1 node and flip. Still running the ppms higher at 1500 to 2000. They seem to love it. No signs of nute burn or any leaf discoloration. Ph is about 6.5 to 6.6.

I’ll detail the 1 node and flip method here. I think the commercial boys are a bit more aggressive with it. Ill be counting down 3 nodes from the top of every stem and anything below that will be cut off and discarded.

Kobe #5 is super small. Not sure if she’s visable in the picture. She got put in the corner. Taking a couple cuts and than discarding her.

Attachments

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Still waiting for my bulb. Prolly gonna have to get my money back if it doesn’t show up

Now what I’m about to say any newer growers I don’t suggest you try this and veterans who have grown all their lives would advise against what I’m about to say. I use this thread as a journal. So with that preamble

I just transplanted the mitten cake batter and death by Oreos Into bigger pots. At this point I don’t know what the ppms are I haven’t added to many nutes yet. Just small leftover 350 to 400ppm from the bigger ones.

Their both looking great. Now remember my cfl bulb has been going for the last week or 2. So the plants are not using up a lot of nutrients. I just watered them and their both running 1950 -1990ppms with a 6.6ph. Bc of the new soil. Usually around 1000ppms out of the bag. And the occasional splash of 350 to 400ppms their both running super high. But no tip burn. No nothing. Plants look outstanding im going to keep updating to see what happens. I wasnt trying to run them this hot being they are still small so I’ll
Let them drop into the 1000 range and see if I can find any signs of nute burn 0974FD47-030F-4321-9968-9AE3C7B5BA46.jpeg

Can anyone explain why my plants look great with such a high ppm being as small as they are ?

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Still waiting for my bulb. Prolly gonna have to get my money back if it doesn’t show up

Now what I’m about to say any newer growers I don’t suggest you try this and veterans who have grown all their lives would advise against what I’m about to say. I use this thread as a journal. So with that preamble

I just transplanted the mitten cake batter and death by Oreos Into bigger pots. At this point I don’t know what the ppms are I haven’t added to many nutes yet. Just small leftover 350 to 400ppm from the bigger ones.

Their both looking great. Now remember my cfl bulb has been going for the last week or 2. So the plants are not using up a lot of nutrients. I just watered them and their both running 1950 -1990ppms with a 6.6ph. Bc of the new soil. Usually around 1000ppms out of the bag. And the occasional splash of 350 to 400ppms their both running super high. But no tip burn. No nothing. Plants look outstanding im going to keep updating to see what happens. I wasnt trying to run them this hot being they are still small so I’ll
Let them drop into the 1000 range and see if I can find any signs of nute burn View attachment 57855

Can anyone explain why my plants look great with such a high ppm being as small as they are ?
Soil can be very forgiving. And or a huge root system?.thats a tough one . Also it could be building up too 😬

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
See I was thinking this at first bc it has buffers. But when I dropped the Kobe’s to 1100ppms and lower they start getting these calcium spots all through the middle Their back up at 1800 and doing wonderful again. Just seems like a lot of these strains like a higher ppm. If you told me you were running ur ppms at 1900 and their 7 inches tall I’d a said they were fried. I mean not even a tiny amount of tip burn? Same with the Kobe’s. I had 1 up to 2100 and she looked the best out of all of them. Then I was thinking just my setup they can handle a higher ppm. But that doesn’t explain the little ones under the half broke light.

This goes against everything I was taught when i first start growing. And yet my plants never looked better

Edit. I thought it might be buildup until I dropped the Kobe’s back to 1100. Their eating like crazy. The ppms never stay stable. I add to get it to 1800. And in 2 or 3 days their back to 14 and 1500.

Last edited:

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
La Confidential x purple punch. Day 19

Ppms are sitting at 1550-1650. I’ve been lolipoping and defoliating lightly each day. If you look close you can spot #5 in the middle. She was on her death bed. Still in a 1/2g pot. Thru her into the flower tent and with a little tlc she perked right back up.

I’m deff sticking with the 3g pots from now on. I like the fabric pots but with vegbloom it just causes to much buildup for how much these plants are eating. The 3g save a lot of space. Next time I run this strain I’m going to try to sqeeeZe 6 of them in there. I have to work on filling the canopy out but still trying to stay within that 3x3 footprint

Shooting for 70 days but we’ll see what nature says about that. I tend to let them go a little longer 9 to 10 weeks. A good 20% to 30 % Amber and 70% or 80% cloudy. This is what I aimed for last harvest and they were knockout potent.

61A8971C-FC0B-44C4-9ECC-DAF936CC183F.jpeg829C9C4B-F1AF-4101-87FC-EB42371929BF.jpeg

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Flowering tent: Symbiotics Kobe Day 23

B78B006A-75A6-4B16-A7E2-E63EFFF3F909.jpeg

Getting better at filling out the canopy. Trying to keep them in a 3x3 footprint Starting to go yellow and purple as the budsites begin to turn purple and frost up

4C22FA1A-3344-4670-8F4F-97AC822CB97E.jpeg

Nearing the end of their stretch. As soon as I see the vertical growth starts slowing down I’ll lower the cobs 4 to 6 inches to make the girls 20 to 24 inches away from the bulbs. Might try them a little closer at 18 or 20
inches to help with light penetration into the lower part of the canopy.

80D032EA-C49D-4B28-8750-F182BB1E9DA2.jpeg