The Upward Spyral

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Also its real easy to take apart and clean, i just did both of mine, gonna see how well the 6 does paired with the 8in filter, just waiting on the growstore to confirm my delivery🤓🤓🤓
I ditched the carbon filter, and made a PVC (2x2x3) box to stick in the attic. I wrapped it in carbon-filter cloth and taped two collars on to hook hoses to. I threw a handful of the loose carbon pellets in the bottom, and my attic doesn't smell, much less outside.

Carbon filters that can be taken apart are good. You can dump it, clean it, and re-fill it to improve airflow. Pop-rivets can be drilled out and replaced with sheet-metal screws on other models.

I kept the outer shell of a filter for one intake "dust cover" to protect the fan, and the inner shell for the other.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
Im a fan of their fans. I bought a 4" one for the shitter in the basement, super quiet and I could slaughter a calf in there and it wouldn't stink up the house.

I even put the variable speed control where its accessible.
Yeah i dig mine a lot. Their whole product line seems pretty nice. I'm debating on grabbing their 6" crawlspace fan to slap on my veg box. I'm surprised how well the carbon filter works for the price as well. Probably won't last as long as a phresh, but its certainly better than the vivisun/whatever cheap Chinese knockoffs on Amazon/ebay, for about the same price.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yeah i dig mine a lot. Their whole product line seems pretty nice. I'm debating on grabbing their 6" crawlspace fan to slap on my veg box. I'm surprised how well the carbon filter works for the price as well. Probably won't last as long as a phresh, but its certainly better than the vivisun/whatever cheap Chinese knockoffs on Amazon/ebay, for about the same price.
I even have their little 3-speed 40-80-120 cfm vent-fan that is designed for electronics- in my drying cabinet

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hell yea all great info guys. I really do like my infinity as well. Just wish it had a bit more ummph. Or if I could crank it to 11 sometimes. It's also getting to the point that these cheap can filters aren't cutting it for me any more.
When I ditched the can-filters it was for airflow. Now I love mine even better. Those charcoal filters reduce cfm like a mofo

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you want I can get a pic tonight when the lights come on of what the two pieces look like. Both have a thin charcoal-paper-cloth junk for a dust filter. A single layer keeps dust out of the fan, and you can shop-vac the outside when it gets dusty. It's pretty obvious against the black paper. But 2 layers with charcoal pellets in between is for smell - not ventilation. It's a trade-off. It depends on what you are worried about.

If you are growing in mom's basement and don't want her to smell it, go for the whole filter LOL