The Upward Spyral

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
If you want I can get a pic tonight when the lights come on of what the two pieces look like. Both have a thin charcoal-paper-cloth junk for a dust filter. A single layer keeps dust out of the fan, and you can shop-vac the outside when it gets dusty. It's pretty obvious against the black paper. But 2 layers with charcoal pellets in between is for smell - not ventilation. It's a trade-off. It depends on what you are worried about.

If you are growing in mom's basement and don't want her to smell it, go for the whole filter LOL
Yea if it isn't too much trouble.
Jesse it sounds sorta like your design I saw at your house.
Visuals always help thanks man!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I remembered!
Here's the outer shell - weighs nothing. balanced with a twist tie holding it in place (room overhaul pending harvest...)
IMG_4252.JPG
The inner shell - needs cleaning sometime when the plants are not under it.
IMG_4254.JPG
And the junk from the inside of the filter (the pellets) and the leftover carbon-cloth I made the filter box out of.
IMG_4253.JPG

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I remembered!
Here's the outer shell - weighs nothing. balanced with a twist tie holding it in place (room overhaul pending harvest...)
View attachment 34805
The inner shell - needs cleaning sometime when the plants are not under it.
View attachment 34807
And the junk from the inside of the filter (the pellets) and the leftover carbon-cloth I made the filter box out of.
View attachment 34806
Nice thanks man! Where is the filter box?
Jesse has a pretty cool design that doesn't use a can like this and passes thru a box with AC HEPA filters and buckets of charcoal. I understand most of the concept but sometimes I'm slow and ask stupid questions.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yes it looks plenty dry. Just curious i was reading a thread a while back were serious moisture issues pumping that warm air into a cold attic space. I might have to build something like that for a regular nutone exhaust i have in the ceiling of the grow area.
I saw that one too, considered it, and discarded it as low on the list of stuff I needed to worry about :)

My toughest thing is to get younglings acclimatized to a low humidity environment.