The Upward Spyral

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Glad I'm a light sleeper. Woke up before 3am to a subtle splashing noise that I actually heard past the air pump brrraaaahahhhhh noise.

View attachment 32502

Fucking float valve stayed open in the RO can. This pic shows the water to the brim. It was overflowing and puddled up in the pond liner. Man that thing has saved our ass several times now. No time to troubleshoot, but I think it may have been the pump hose shifting somehow and catching onto the valve. Hope it isn't broken.

Caught it in time that it puddled up in the front mostly, not the whole pond. Can't imagine wtf would happen if we were gone over night. Had to wait for my gf to get up before starting up the shop vac lol.

The joys of hydro.
And that is the main reason I have stayed soil , I can leave on a Fri night get my freak on come home and not worry about fucking Noahs Ark shit.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
I grow in a bedroom closet - with carpet over hardwood floors. Never even considered a hydro system of any kind. Pond liner is a gem though. I got a roll for the bottom of my closets. Just built up a 2x4 subfloor then lined the closet after.

Have you got any kind of drain system if it does that again or is it a shop-vac/sump-pump thing?
Shop vac. I would love a vacuum drain. Imagine a down draft vacuum all VROOPT straight into the drain πŸ˜‚

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
And that is the main reason I have stayed soil , I can leave on a Fri night get my freak on come home and not worry about fucking Noahs Ark shit.
My "420 6 Pack" muscle car has been cool AF but these are the types of things to expect from such a real-time (literally) system. 9 second quarter mile using RADIALS and not SLICKS so I'm extremely grateful that we built this pond. My GF had the idea, we ran with it, and...we're still running! πŸ˜„ best cheap insurance investment EVER πŸ‘

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Gonna be a busy weekend, between family visits, plant schedule shuffling, chopping 😯, planting. Just the beginning, will post more as I have time

20191129_061849.jpg
Moved totes 5&6 to the flower tent. 4 week veg, our longest in hydro. Also planning on trying a different feed. Not sold on megacrop.
Totes 1&2 in the back - a couple of Space Invasion from @Phylex almost ready to chop. 5 God O Wars that need more time.

20191129_062941.jpg
End of Week 2 veg
Tote 7 (@Schwaggy P) bottom
Tote 8 (@Easty, greenpoint) top

Making space for the seedlings, they're ready. But gotta handle other things first.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
So we had to try to keep these phenos somehow.

DWC style re-veg, let's hope this works

20191130_185613~2.jpg

Punch Buggy #1 left
Sunset Wedding #3 right

GH3 green bottle only, light application. 24/0 T5. No root trim, straight to buckets. Full bucket of roots.

20191130_190703.jpg
All root smell. No sludge, very strong, hard to rip. Slightly stained by Megacrop.

So much stuff going on with a lot to choose from. But this is worth a shot cuz these two plants are something else. Could be keepers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
So we had to try to keep these phenos somehow.

DWC style re-veg, let's hope this works

View attachment 33127
Punch Buggy #1 left
Sunset Wedding #3 right

GH3 green bottle only, light application. 24/0 T5. No root trim, straight to buckets. Full bucket of roots.

View attachment 33131
All root smell. No sludge, very strong, hard to rip. Slightly stained by Megacrop.

So much stuff going on with a lot to choose from. But this is worth a shot cuz these two plants are something else. Could be keepers.
Lots of healthy looking roots there. Do you reuse your hydroton from one grow to the next?