The Upward Spyral

Easty

Super Active Member

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Sorry I’m behind lol. I saw y’all taking bout cmh led hybrids and got a little horny.
I’m unconvinced that cmh does better than the best leds as far as frost. I feel cobs and qbs are actually better penetration and yield wise. as far as the fade I don’t think cmh necessary brings out a better fade than a full spec led but it seems that way because what is under the cmh is “older”. I really notice when a big plant is being covered partially by each. The buds directly under the cmh are around a week ahead of the rest and always a bit more ready when I chop. That’s my theory anyways from what I don seent with me eye bawlz

damn spy, your a monster. Looking good bro. I lost so many colas to rot this humid ass summer. When you got plants literally growin out your ass it makes it much easier to take an L now and then 😉
Good stuff Rom. I can see how your CMH theory makes sense. What about the "fuzzy trich" thing. Is that to say the "older" the bud the "fuzzier" the trich? I am starting to see the buds on the cmh side of one plant has these trichs that look different but need to scope them, both wet and dry.
Thanks man I've never lost a bud to rot before but then again I haven't dealt with such big ass buds growing in a fucking sauna either lol. Mites, bud worms, fungus gnats, whiteflies, light burn, celery snaps, root rot, dogs, humans...all part of the repertoire but never rot until now. Just rolling with the punches and am happy that not the whole crop is lost.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Good stuff Rom. I can see how your CMH theory makes sense. What about the "fuzzy trich" thing. Is that to say the "older" the bud the "fuzzier" the trich? I am starting to see the buds on the cmh side of one plant has these trichs that look different but need to scope them, both wet and dry.
Thanks man I've never lost a bud to rot before but then again I haven't dealt with such big ass buds growing in a fucking sauna either lol. Mites, bud worms, fungus gnats, whiteflies, light burn, celery snaps, root rot, dogs, humans...all part of the repertoire but never rot until now. Just rolling with the punches and am happy that not the whole crop is lost.
Haha same bro. I used to never have these issues when I grew little shit buds lol. That’s what we get for getting decent at this lol. Now we gotta spend a bunch of cash building sealed up, completely controlled outbuildings in the back yard if we wanna grow big ass colas. I should just spend the money on a generator or little solar setup to at least run pumps so I can go rdwc 😍 then the power outages can frig right off bud

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After drilling about 1000 holes in totes/lids/trays etc, the hole saw run in reverse is virtually a must considering plastic cuts NOTHING like wood or metal which is what 99% of hole saw blades are meant to cut. I aint the one who started it, but will say its far from bullshit. I've never had to replace a ruined tote or lid from going in reverse.
Ever tried drilling from both directions? Get it started on one side, then finish from the other. No burrs.
(wood or plastic)

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Subject change - @spyralout I found this and thought you might find it interesting if you haven't seen it. I forget what I bought, but there was a little sample grow-journal in there and this was one of the pages.
View attachment 31943
Oh nice man, thanks for thinking of me! I will definitely check it out. Gives me ideas and inspiration. Might even help with organization, things can get hazy after 17 joints lmao 😂😂😂 then watch me misplace the notes Hahahha
Been taking notes on my phone. Wonder how many it takes to fill up an SD card lol.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh nice man, thanks for thinking of me! I will definitely check it out. Gives me ideas and inspiration. Might even help with organization, things can get hazy after 17 joints lmao 😂😂😂 then watch me misplace the notes Hahahha
Been taking notes on my phone. Wonder how many it takes to fill up an SD card lol.
I have decided against making seeds and messing with genetics. I'm just growing the flowers, and instead will take really good notes and try to find the perfect "blend" of strains. Compare the smells, tastes and buzzes and have "craft-brewed" cones LOL

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
@spyralout
@Uncle Romulus
I'm joining you in this cmh frost making experiment.
I picked up one of these over the weekend.
It's a 315 cmh with red leds added into it.
View attachment 31965
Gotta repair one string of them but should be an easy solder fix.
😮 oh shit badass! Jesse's bringing the Red Light district to his grow room. Yeeeaaa buddy! Looking forward to seeing what you can get outta this!

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
A more serious question (not much). Is there a good comprehensive list of terpenes somewhere? Looking at the one included I can't see anything that would associate with cookies (for example)View attachment 31969
There are terp charts but they're hard for me to utilize right now. I too have a hard time putting my finger on that cookies profile, it's very present in all of the crosses as well.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
@spyralout
@Uncle Romulus
I'm joining you in this cmh frost making experiment.
I picked up one of these over the weekend.
It's a 315 cmh with red leds added into it.
View attachment 31965
Gotta repair one string of them but should be an easy solder fix.
I think i have seen that light somewhere. @Jesselikes2Grow are you going to set up different timers for the red? Looking forward to these experiments to see if there is a difference with the CMH spectrum. A grower friend locally is replacing all his 315cmh with the double ended 630w he places the led 's surrounding the CMH's. I bet those 630's are brite white.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Charts missing,,,
dough, foot, whiskey, vomit and stressed electrical wiring.
I have also read about locker room, and bloated skunk on this forum recently. They surely neglected those on the terp wheel.
I know there's garlic weed growing right now on the forum.

I know that adding sweeteners like molasses to feed water can increase the sweetness of a bud.

Has anyone ever tried feeding from the spice cabinet? A little garlic powder, maybe cayenne? You could go with taco seasoning and have straight-up fajita-weed :)

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I know there's garlic weed growing right now on the forum.

I know that adding sweeteners like molasses to feed water can increase the sweetness of a bud.

Has anyone ever tried feeding from the spice cabinet? A little garlic powder, maybe cayenne? You could go with taco seasoning and have straight-up fajita-weed :)
Lol. Tell me one real "fajita" that has that shitty armpit smelling "taco" seasoning 😂 fuck you McKormick and Lawrys for making decent Seasoning Salt for burgers and Crinkle Cut fries but falling short on our beloved tacos 😄
On the real though it would be like those infused fizzy drinks. Just a bit more time drawn, subtler method 😄