The Upward Spyral

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I can see being hesitant to use a petroleum-based lube on a gasket near plant-water. A veg oil might work as well. Peanut oil breaks down the slowest of the grocery-store oils.

I think using the "recommended" size hole-saw or drill bit should generally be good. You should be able to flick off any burrs or shavings with a fingernail, without roughing up the mating surface with sandpaper or a Dremel. But a Dremel on the edge to adjust the hole is money.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Good looking out guys all great suggestions. I do wanna go down the path of the the 5 gal blowes commander bucket. Since the buckets are less than $6 each including lid, I can reuse the same bulkheads. Save these buckets in case of future projects 😉. Plus I have 2, I have a head start 😄 Every time I work on these systems it reminds me so much of my old gearhead days. Tinker tinker tinker...

Jewels

Bon~Fire
petroleum-based lube on a gasket
The natural rubber is not vulcanized, petroleum products destroy rubber.
Refer to condom packaging.

Is neither here nor there. This should all be dry fit in the first place.

5 gal blowes commander bucket.
I have this uncelebrated minion in the back of my mind working on a project that would see 10 gallons moving back and forth constantly through a biobucket utilizing a bell siphon.
Simple-One pump, 50 watts, no timers.
Just ebb and flo go !

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
More fades! This time, bag seed transfers from indoor to outdoor (cuz of space)20191123_112601.jpg
Ultimo

20191123_113254.jpg
Tiger Eye

It's almost Thanksgiving and the weather is good enough for them to keep going. Been out there for over 2 weeks. Let's see how long they can make it. Temps are dropping fast though. May need to throw in the towel before December hits.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Me 2 bits,,
Doouble-check, to make sure the gasket is on stationery side of fitting, to avoid torsion. If the gasket is on the nut side it is receiving torque , rather than compression.
The final twist sometimes rotates the whole contraption downwards. Either trace the correct landing spot or lick-and-stick the gasket (centered in the correct spot) to the bucket proper. In other words,,, tack the gasket directly to the bucket. Then proceed to install the hardware.
Fun and games flood and drains.

Use the hardware as templates. I always drill smaller and custom nibble to final size.
Never willy-nilly a rimnjob. Carefully mark the material to be removed and regard those marks.
20191121_164027.jpg
I don't know who started that drill backwards bullshit. The shape of a saw tooth has been engineered and improved over the last couple hundred years- just learn how to use your tools.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Every time I work on these systems it reminds me so much of
This runs a little bit deeper than the surface. There is a drive within you that is manifesting itself.
I worked a 10-year run using small tools then abruptly switched to Managing Human Resources. I ended up with a better job, but I found myself becoming more and more miserable. I started renovating a bathroom at home and I found that my demeanour improved and I began to enjoy my job more.

You have to listen to those little whispers from the universe. They are the Sirenes that lead you where you want to be.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Had to cut down the 2 biggest buds on Punch Buggy #1 due to rot ☹

View attachment 31384
LOL
Heating and cooling cycles might have just shifted something slightly
Speaking about that @Gweedo. I think that is true with the spray bottles we use a lot. I noticed they were failing before they got to old. I used to clean them just like i would all my milk jugs using hot water then cold water for rinsing. Now i only use cold water and they seem to be lasting longer.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I don't know who started that drill backwards bullshit. The shape of a saw tooth has been engineered and improved over the last couple hundred years- just learn how to use your tools.
After drilling about 1000 holes in totes/lids/trays etc, the hole saw run in reverse is virtually a must considering plastic cuts NOTHING like wood or metal which is what 99% of hole saw blades are meant to cut. I aint the one who started it, but will say its far from bullshit. I've never had to replace a ruined tote or lid from going in reverse.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Sorry I’m behind lol. I saw y’all taking bout cmh led hybrids and got a little horny.
I’m unconvinced that cmh does better than the best leds as far as frost. I feel cobs and qbs are actually better penetration and yield wise. as far as the fade I don’t think cmh necessary brings out a better fade than a full spec led but it seems that way because what is under the cmh is “older”. I really notice when a big plant is being covered partially by each. The buds directly under the cmh are around a week ahead of the rest and always a bit more ready when I chop. That’s my theory anyways from what I don seent with me eye bawlz

damn spy, your a monster. Looking good bro. I lost so many colas to rot this humid ass summer. When you got plants literally growin out your ass it makes it much easier to take an L now and then 😉