The Upward Spyral

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Oh yeah, I forgot about the frickin Trump Tariffs but judging by the cost of complete CXBs on Amazon it doesn't look like components have increased in price. Still $300 for a 200w. Could be old stock but Amazon sellers are pretty fluid in pricing.
CDI Components is charging tariffs on a separate line item on their invoices. Could increase again if the talks don't go well. China is just using stall tactics to wait for 2020 election. As it stands, US companies are scrambling to find other offshore sourcing but the infrastructure of some countries is the killer. Imagine increasing your lead time from 90 days to 150 lol. Big boys like Walmart are strongly encouraging (forcing) suppliers to get out of China, but that's a double edged sword.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Week 3 of Flower

20191013_050501.jpg
Tote 1 & 2 - rev1.JPG
BA = Black Abyss
SI = Space Invasion
GW = God-O-War
After culling the crossouts above, we have 10/16 (hopefully) females, one that has been transplanted to the RDWC as seen in previous posts. With these results, volcano seed theory is pretty much debunked. I will try again one last time with the next seed pops (coming soon).

20191013_050517.jpg
Letting em go, but will probably do a bit of pruning. These things have nice root systems assuming they're like the one plant I transplanted into the RDWC.

20191013_050525.jpg
And man do they stink. God-O-War - stem rub in multiple places. So far, straight LEADED GASOLINE (the oldskool kind that had a separate pump and smelled really good). Nothing else, but I'm sure it will develop and add some complexity.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Begin Week 2 Veg
20191012_220156.jpg
Tote 3.JPG
9PB = 9 Pound Blueberry (@Phylex)
XF = X-Files (@Phylex)

Coming right along. I put Totes 3 & 4 on 20 min flood time vs. 15 min to see if there are different results. Looks like we're getting some strong growth, so we'll continue with that. XF1 and XF2 were just plopped in a couple of days ago to replace the blank spots from damped off seeds. They're a bit slow, but will catch up. Not sure what's going on with 9PB2, just a few days behind the big ones.

20191012_220218.jpg
Tote 4.JPG
DBB = Dynoberry Bites (@thenotsoesoteric)
CNC = Cookies n Chem F2 (@macsnax)
DDB = Double Dawg Biscuits (@macsnax)
HH = Heathen Hammer (@Heathenraider)

Nice even growth amongst all strains. DBB #1 is slightly ahead, with HH #2 close behind. I can already see some squat stoutness in a few of these. Next week they'll be over double in size and probably ready to flip. Depending on how big they are, I may let em go another week.

These totes will have neighbors soon. Enjoy the space while we can, vacancies are filling up quick ;)

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
CDI Components is charging tariffs on a separate line item on their invoices. Could increase again if the talks don't go well. China is just using stall tactics to wait for 2020 election. As it stands, US companies are scrambling to find other offshore sourcing but the infrastructure of some countries is the killer. Imagine increasing your lead time from 90 days to 150 lol. Big boys like Walmart are strongly encouraging (forcing) suppliers to get out of China, but that's a double edged sword.
Good info. I'm kind of a hermit and don't have broadcast/cable tv. So I'm not always on top of the latest political news. If you can source some Lumens chips out of Korea they might be a good alternative. CF Grow is using them in their Blacksun fixtures and they require no drivers or fans, just heatsinks.

thanks man. HLG185. Computer fans. Me likely!
Those are just electronics fans run off a small driver. If you want to use real computer fans Noctua may have a controller you can adapt to a 5v USB connection.

Week 3 of Flower

View attachment 25577
View attachment 25581
BA = Black Abyss
SI = Space Invasion
GW = God-O-War
After culling the crossouts above, we have 10/16 (hopefully) females, one that has been transplanted to the RDWC as seen in previous posts. With these results, volcano seed theory is pretty much debunked. I will try again one last time with the next seed pops (coming soon).

View attachment 25582
Letting em go, but will probably do a bit of pruning. These things have nice root systems assuming they're like the one plant I transplanted into the RDWC.

View attachment 25583
And man do they stink. God-O-War - stem rub in multiple places. So far, straight LEADED GASOLINE (the oldskool kind that had a separate pump and smelled really good). Nothing else, but I'm sure it will develop and add some complexity.
Those are some good looking RDWC totes. Did you get them through Phylex?

He's been very successfully working with QB's if you're looking for any help with that type of fixture.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
That’s some great luck scoring 6/6 females on GOW. Very nice. 👍🏼 That sucks 5/6 Space Invasions were male. Boooo. Lol. Sorry to hear that. And I can’t say I’m surprised by your results with Black Abyss. I too had very similar results with BA’s male to female ratio on my test run. But the ladies that did come were worth it. Only one of the BA’s has been available to be inhaled at this juncture and talk about being stuck on stupid and strait lost. What was it I typing about? And what did I come in here for? 🤷🏼‍♂️

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
All legit info there brother. I've got solar as well, but mines grid tied. To have it so I could use it during power out I'd need the disconnect you spoke of, a large set of batteries, a pure sine wave inverter, and a shit ton of rewiring among other things.
All some large $ items, I had considered it at one time, but I've rarely if ever lost power.
In my case it's cheaper to have a NG genny installed with an auto disconnect to the grid for emergency reasons.
Yup yup. A lot of people here in Cali just found that out and many of the wealthier one's are looking into Tesla's power walls now.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Good info. I'm kind of a hermit and don't have broadcast/cable tv. So I'm not always on top of the latest political news. If you can source some Lumens chips out of Korea they might be a good alternative. CF Grow is using them in their Blacksun fixtures and they require no drivers or fans, just heatsinks.

Those are just electronics fans run off a small driver. If you want to use real computer fans Noctua may have a controller you can adapt to a 5v USB connection.

Those are some good looking RDWC totes. Did you get them through Phylex?

He's been very successfully working with QB's if you're looking for any help with that type of fixture.
I will check into Lumens chips. I'm looking for "cheaper" lights for a small propogation tent. They need to be about 2 feet, and for veg only. I saw some cheap (new style) SMDs on Amazon. @Uncle Romulus turned me onto these: https://www.amazon.com/EnjoYield-Spectrum-Linkable-Hydroponics-Growing/dp/B07VBVHFW1
Then I found these as well: https://www.amazon.com/Lenofocus-Spectrum-Hydroponic-Vegetable-Flowering/dp/B07TV9GWPB
Got me thinking, they're so much cheaper than HLG and might do the job.

I have no cable just streaming. I don't watch TV. Shit I don't even watch South Park any more. The grow takes up all my time. I catch news at work, I'm so outta touch on all of the typical garbage. Maybe that's a good thing lol.

The totes are Flood & Drain, inspired by @HydroRed. Very cost effective and the speed of growth is insane. It's not as much BOOM INSANE GROWTH as the under current RDWC, but it comes close costing a fraction of the price, without a chiller. Yes the ones you are referencing are from @Phylex. I'm very impressed by the results I'm getting with his gear.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
That’s some great luck scoring 6/6 females on GOW. Very nice. 👍🏼 That sucks 5/6 Space Invasions were male. Boooo. Lol. Sorry to hear that. And I can’t say I’m surprised by your results with Black Abyss. I too had very similar results with BA’s male to female ratio on my test run. But the ladies that did come were worth it. Only one of the BA’s has been available to be inhaled at this juncture and talk about being stuck on stupid and strait lost. What was it I typing about? And what did I come in here for? 🤷🏼‍♂️
LMAO 😂😂😂 please lend me your tolerance level for a day. I seriously wanna trip balls on weed. LOL!!

2 SI's made it as females, so not as bad as you think 😉 I hope the GOWs all turn out female like they're looking. I see hairs 😃 Ghost Train Haze x 9 Pound Hammer. Be in a haze after getting knocked silly by the hammer 😄

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I will check into Lumens chips. I'm looking for "cheaper" lights for a small propogation tent. They need to be about 2 feet, and for veg only. I saw some cheap (new style) SMDs on Amazon. @Uncle Romulus turned me onto these: https://www.amazon.com/EnjoYield-Spectrum-Linkable-Hydroponics-Growing/dp/B07VBVHFW1
Then I found these as well: https://www.amazon.com/Lenofocus-Spectrum-Hydroponic-Vegetable-Flowering/dp/B07TV9GWPB
Got me thinking, they're so much cheaper than HLG and might do the job.

I have no cable just streaming. I don't watch TV. Shit I don't even watch South Park any more. The grow takes up all my time. I catch news at work, I'm so outta touch on all of the typical garbage. Maybe that's a good thing lol.

The totes are Flood & Drain, inspired by @HydroRed. Very cost effective and the speed of growth is insane. It's not as much BOOM INSANE GROWTH as the under current RDWC, but it comes close costing a fraction of the price, without a chiller. Yes the ones you are referencing are from @Phylex. I'm very impressed by the results I'm getting with his gear.
To clarify, the beans are from Phylex, I built the totes and my GF made the matching GK logos ;) Represent!! ✊

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
LMAO 😂😂😂 please lend me your tolerance level for a day. I seriously wanna trip balls on weed. LOL!!

2 SI's made it as females, so not as bad as you think 😉 I hope the GOWs all turn out female like they're looking. I see hairs 😃 Ghost Train Haze x 9 Pound Hammer. Be in a haze after getting knocked silly by the hammer 😄
You too can trip balls off of a mini hit. Just gotta stop smoking for nearly 20 years. Lol

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Begin Week 2 Veg
View attachment 25584
View attachment 25585
XF = X-Files (@Phylex)

Coming right along. I put Totes 3 & 4 on 20 min flood time vs. 15 min to see if there are different results. Looks like we're getting some strong growth, so we'll continue with that. XF1 and XF2 were just plopped in a couple of days ago to replace the blank spots from damped off seeds. They're a bit slow, but will catch up. Not sure what's going on with 9PB2, just a few days behind the big ones.

View attachment 25586
View attachment 25587
CNC = Cookies n Cream F2 (@macsnax)

Nice even growth amongst all strains. DBB #1 is slightly ahead, with HH #2 close behind. I can already see some squat stoutness in a few of these. Next week they'll be over double in size and probably ready to flip. Depending on how big they are, I may let em go another week.

These totes will have neighbors soon. Enjoy the space while we can, vacancies are filling up quick ;)
Alright buddy all your seedlings are looking nice.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Begin Week 2 Veg
View attachment 25584
View attachment 25585
XF = X-Files (@Phylex)

View attachment 25586
View attachment 25587
CNC = Cookies n Cream F2 (@macsnax)

Coming along nicely man! Best part is approaching quickly, flip time!