The Upward Spyral

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
That vert hood is badass man. They're expensive though so I use what I can get lol. Thanks for the tip. Bring the tech talk on! As long as I get the concept I will be fine. It helps me learn too (y) about how far away? I unplugged it to run it through the kill a watt and the led display started blinking open circuit on me. No reset switch and fuses were fine. After 15 min or so I plugged it back in and it works! Some failsafe probably timed. Fuck it I'll take the display reading for what it's worth don't wanna risk that shit again lol.
View attachment 22725
Kinda hard to see but it reads 315 watts and flashes to 120 volts I think.

View attachment 22727
Only 1 day of RO/MC/Bennies and there's already a difference. They're getting blasted with CMH in this pic. One of the plants started reaching sideways for it as I was in the middle of a break from moving shit around lmao 😮 had to set her straight.
Space this winter - take a guess 🤔
was just kidding about being technical.. im a hack lol. anyways i find 2 feet at least is a good distance. wouldnt worry too much bout glass/no glass. environment is more important than max uv or whatever. if you can find an old decommissioned street light you can jack the reflector to make you own open buster vertical hood. i love it when you make stuff bro. gets me rrrrright hard, bud. ive been curious bout barebulb cmh.. or just a straight flat reflector above :unsure:

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
was just kidding about being technical.. im a hack lol. anyways i find 2 feet at least is a good distance. wouldnt worry too much bout glass/no glass. environment is more important than max uv or whatever. if you can find an old decommissioned street light you can jack the reflector to make you own open buster vertical hood. i love it when you make stuff bro. gets me rrrrright hard, bud. ive been curious bout barebulb cmh.. or just a straight flat reflector above :unsure:
Haha I'm imagining a street light looks reasonably sized but it's probably big AF when taken down? Lol imagine getting caught ganking that shit.
Cop: "you stealing copper wire?"
guy: "nah I'm not a tweaker just a stoner"
Cop: "knock yourself out buddy"

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Haha I'm imagining a street light looks reasonably sized but it's probably big AF when taken down? Lol imagine getting caught ganking that shit.
Cop: "you stealing copper wire?"
guy: "nah I'm not a tweaker just a stoner"
Cop: "knock yourself out buddy"
ya my first light was gutted 400 w hps st light. i could mail you the reflector lol. im sure you will magiver somethin cool

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
9/24/19 - UC RDWC
Finally we're at the point where we're able to move from veg tote to the system. Carbon filter and fans will be put in soon.
- exactly 1 month from first seeds breaking ground (some damped off so there will be a few days difference from oldest to youngest)
- 2 weeks/16 days since starting in the veg tote

Let there be light
20190924_220357.jpg
CMH only

20190924_220238.jpg
CMH with Viparspectra Red/White

20190924_221706.jpg
CMH with Viparspectra all switches Red/White/Blue 🇺🇸 Tent is starting to fill up quick. We're gonna miss the space in just a few weeks (maybe less).

20190924_220733.jpg
There's still room up there, can my breaker handle it?? 🤔

20190924_230259.jpg
Yep so far so good fuck it
20190924_230319.jpg

20190924_230247.jpg
UC RDWC 2.JPG
Added a Roleandro COB. There are over 1500 watts total amongst the lights. If I had that kinda power with "real" LEDs it would be insane.
- 1x CMH (315w)
- 2x Viparspectra 600 Reflector Series (260w/ea)
- 2x Viparspectra PAR 600 Series (270w/ea)
- 1x Roleandro 400 Series (182w)
There are over 1500 watts total amongst the lights. If I had that kinda power with "real" LEDs it would be insane
20190924_230147.jpg
Megacrop and cal mag. A bit high but I'll let it ride and watch for signs.

20190811_142034.jpg
Saw this at the pump about a month ago when we popped the beans. Thought it would be appropriate ⛽🤘

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Strong work brother. Everything looks awesome!! I think that mixed light, mixed spectrum setup is going to perform well. I look forward to seeing your space fill out with nothing but that sweet goodness.
Thanks my man! Yea the mixed spectrum and CMH UV should be very interesting to watch. That little COB light is no slouch either. Can't wait to get some real LEDs. Opened the tent this morning and it was like opening that briefcase in Pulp Fiction x 100
giphy-17.gif
I think my neighbor's rooster started crowing 😄

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Thanks my man! Yea the mixed spectrum and CMH UV should be very interesting to watch. That little COB light is no slouch either. Can't wait to get some real LEDs. Opened the tent this morning and it was like opening that briefcase in Pulp Fiction x 100
View attachment 23224
I think my neighbor's rooster started crowing 😄
Bro what dimensions are the tent. F@ck me that’s a lot of light 😆

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
9/24/19 - UC RDWC
Finally we're at the point where we're able to move from veg tote to the system. Carbon filter and fans will be put in soon.
- exactly 1 month from first seeds breaking ground (some damped off so there will be a few days difference from oldest to youngest)
- 2 weeks/16 days since starting in the veg tote

Let there be light
View attachment 23159
CMH only

View attachment 23160
CMH with Viparspectra Red/White

View attachment 23162
CMH with Viparspectra all switches Red/White/Blue 🇺🇸 Tent is starting to fill up quick. We're gonna miss the space in just a few weeks (maybe less).

View attachment 23164
There's still room up there, can my breaker handle it?? 🤔

View attachment 23166
Yep so far so good fuck it
View attachment 23172

View attachment 23169
Added a Roleandro COB. There are over 1500 watts total amongst the lights. If I had that kinda power with "real" LEDs it would be insane.
- 1x CMH (315w)
- 2x Viparspectra 600 Reflector Series (260w/ea)
- 2x Viparspectra PAR 600 Series (270w/ea)
- 1x Roleandro 400 Series (182w)
There are over 1500 watts total amongst the lights. If I had that kinda power with "real" LEDs it would be insane
View attachment 23170
Megacrop and cal mag. A bit high but I'll let it ride and watch for signs.

View attachment 23171
Saw this at the pump about a month ago when we popped the beans. Thought it would be appropriate ⛽🤘
Man i saw all of those lights and i had to go back and look at the tent size. That's the biggest looking 5 x 5 tent. Looks really good @spyralout . Be careful heating that wiring up i know thats what breakers are for but sometimes they fail. I would think you could do away with some of the veg lights Can't wait to see that filled up. Did you find those blurples on craigslist?

Texagonian

Outlaw
So how’d you pass the pipes from the Eli which is now outside through the tent. Do a little snip snip snippy?😂 Badass setup mang! Inspiration for me to run what I built. I’m just having too much fun with the f&d right now! Looking great and only gonna get better. Can’t wait to see the prune and training, it’s exciting ! 🍻👏🏻👏🏻

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Man i saw all of those lights and i had to go back and look at the tent size. That's the biggest looking 5 x 5 tent. Looks really good @spyralout . Be careful heating that wiring up i know thats what breakers are for but sometimes they fail. I would think you could do away with some of the veg lights Can't wait to see that filled up. Did you find those blurples on craigslist?
Thanks Capt yea we're watching for that. Breaker tripped outta nowhwre after a full night and most of the day. The blurples are our first lights we bought new last year before we learned more about cobs and qbs. We have some other cheaper blurples that are much much more red-blurple than these, which at least have white lol.