The Upward Spyral

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
I didn't flush with straight ro water cuz I cut my last couple plants rather abruptly. My ppm was really fucking low on bridezilla for weeks tho. Weird thing is, my wedding cake is already smooth as hell before cure and I didn't flush it. My bridezilla is way harsher after running low ppm and curing in jars. The smoke just expands so much too. I gotta baby hit the bz
Interesting. I might not have time to flush that much either if at all. Were your bz ppm as low as mine or lower?

Texagonian

Outlaw
Thanks Tex we're nearing the home stretch! Hoping to see them fatten up even more these last couple of weeks. The ECSD is not like any other plant we've grown; stretch, bud structure, very stout plants. Bridezilla is just filling out everywhere and much chunkier but shorter (although pretty stout as well). Tempted to try a tad bit of molasses for a week. It's in the benny tea for the bacteria to feed on, so not sure if any of it is available for the plants to carb load.
It’ll work as a carb as well. Just what I’ve noticed in personal experience. I’ve been using molasses for years. You can also use honey or raw sugar made into a simple syrup.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Day 55
Some closeups of trichomes from the more mature looking buds. Still playing with the microscope to get better shots, kinda hard to hold steady hanging my arm over the canopy

Bridezilla #2
View attachment 17063

View attachment 17064

A little bit of amber, maybe less than 10%. Some still a bit glassy. Thinking about going a few days longer, maybe wait until the weekend.

ECSD #1
View attachment 17065
Zero amber. A little cloudy, looks like the white dots inside the clear heads are clouding up from the inside out. I think this could go at least another week.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
βœ‚βœ‚βœ‚

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
I think it was running around 400 towards the end, on the 700 scale. That was in DWC tho which seems to need to run higher than RDWC for some reason
Thanks. So about 280 on the 500 scale. Yea I've been thinking about why it is that RDWC run lower PPM. Maybe the combo of air bubbles with under current makes even more dissolved oxygen hence more availability of nutes, and the plant maxes out its nute intake quicker.

Texagonian

Outlaw
So you're saying probably no need for more molasses, it will be available for uptake in the tea?
I feel that would be sufficient and will add some carbohydrates for availability to the plants. Being so close to harvest I can’t say how much of a benefit it will be other than keeping the roots healthy till the end. The plants are most likely just using up what they have in them and could also be the reason why you we’re having such a major ppm upswing. Just my two cents. Speaking of which, where are the ppm at right now? I bet the room is smelling especially loud in a good way!πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯🍻

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
My bad bro, just went up the page a bit and saw where you said you’re around 250. I’d let those ladies soak in that till chop. Again, just my two cents. Buds look hella frosty and I’m sure it’s gonna smoke well. Well done! Next time will only be better🍻✌🏻
Thanks Tex! Yea figured the bacteria probably can't feed off all the molasses so some must be going to the plant. Checking trichomes again tonight and if any more amber I'm chopping, I don't want to get it too amber.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Yes, it looked like the bridezilla had a decent amount of amber starting to show and if it were me I’d take that one. The ecsd was mostly milky with some clear from what I could see. Up to you though on what your tastes are for ripeness. I’ve harvested with just the milky and some clear and the final result was excellent for me. Had a nice heady stone that would space you out but not make you want to lay down. Again, all in your taste. Either way they look great and hopefully y’all make some rso with some lowers and trim. @Jesselikes2Grow was giving you some good pointers. Butter, coconut oil, olive oil or any other fat will serve as a good vessel to blend with. I blasted my sister in-law with a rso coconut oil capsule I brought to Texas a couple years back. She was like, my tolerance is way high and I can handle it. Thirty minutes later she was in outer space and took a five hour nap and was baked when she woke up🀣🀣 I asked the snatch if she was down for another and she quickly declined. Got a few others on that trip and all have since learned to respect what I give themπŸ˜‚ Next for me is bubble hash and eventually rosin. I’ve got the bags and have made it before but want to master the art. 🍻πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
There’s the Metallica shirt. Lol
Yes, it looked like the bridezilla had a decent amount of amber starting to show and if it were me I’d take that one. The ecsd was mostly milky with some clear from what I could see. Up to you though on what your tastes are for ripeness. I’ve harvested with just the milky and some clear and the final result was excellent for me. Had a nice heady stone that would space you out but not make you want to lay down. Again, all in your taste. Either way they look great and hopefully y’all make some rso with some lowers and trim. @Jesselikes2Grow was giving you some good pointers. Butter, coconut oil, olive oil or any other fat will serve as a good vessel to blend with. I blasted my sister in-law with a rso coconut oil capsule I brought to Texas a couple years back. She was like, my tolerance is way high and I can handle it. Thirty minutes later she was in outer space and took a five hour nap and was baked when she woke up🀣🀣 I asked the snatch if she was down for another and she quickly declined. Got a few others on that trip and all have since learned to respect what I give themπŸ˜‚ Next for me is bubble hash and eventually rosin. I’ve got the bags and have made it before but want to master the art. 🍻πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Lol nice! I have yet to have an edible that hasn't been dull (as in an ehhh, duuuhhhhh kinda dull). Not really "fun" so to speak. Too lethargic to do amything but still don't really sleep. Maybe a 20 min nap if I've had a few. Really hoping to find the opposite of that haha. The thing I like about bubble hash is it's solventless, transportable amd easily plopped on a bowl or crumbled in a J, and can be made from trim.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Took another peek at Bridezilla #2. I literally stumbled upon this pic. I was looking up examples of trichome stages on growweedeasy. I also had my pic gallery in the background. I tripped over the ledge of the pond liner, grabbed my phone, and it split the screen to show my pic and the example:

Pretty handy!
Other tops had no amber and were a bit glassier still. I think I'm gonna flush until the weekend and chop.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Week 8 - Day 60 - Bridezilla
CHOP βœ‚βœ‚

Bridezilla #1

Bridezilla #2

ECSD has at least a few days if not a week to go. Transplanted them to the Bridezilla buckets and fixed the leak.
Emergency Bypass Surgery

Flows a bit slower than if it had the other buckets to balance it out. Hopefully it'll work long enough to get in some more time under the lights. 3 air stones now share the whole pump so plenty of oxygen.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Plants are freaking beautiful sir, if those shots are really a problem infested run i need your kinda problems πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ Keep up the great work, and on a side note you take really good pictures as well πŸ–’πŸ–’πŸ–’
Thank you Gweedo for the kind words πŸ˜ƒ it's had its share of problems but we were able to pull some good stuff. So ready to wrap up this run and start another after some repairs. I keep striving to take better pics, thank you for the encouragement :)
You've got some cool construction going on in your thread, I'll be watching! πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘