The Upward Spyral

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
ECSD and Bridezilla clones with some other random plants from seed are taking up too much space inside. It's super hot (avg 104+ for the next few weeks) but we had to do something. We wanna put up some drywall in the garage to make rooms but time and funds are lacking at the moment.

Put up the two 5x10 tents from the previous grow. Portable AC on standby. More lights to come; a second T5, some cheap blurples, and 3x 600w HPS. We plan to move the lights from the 5x5 inside to the tents once we scrounge some $ for some QBs and/or cobs & strips to replace them. Gearing up early for this fall.

A lone oldskool Sun System T5 for the solo cup comp. They're going to flip late, we're so behind schedule. These plants are more of an experiment than anything at this point. It's been fun rigging up designs and whatnot but the "for real" plants are of course the priority and have been taking up a lot more time and resources. Probably going to cull the dying one in the bottom right corner, it's not taking anything up and has been a pretty shitty plant all along.

More updates to come once the other plants join the fun. Mostly coco, some soil. Need to find a coco DTW auto drip feed DIY. Would love to hear ideas and see some designs, if anyone can point me in the right direction. Figure 10-14 plants in 5-7 gal pots and/or maybe a Hydrored DIY F&D. The other tent is reserved for some upcoming stuff for fall/winter ;)

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
ECSD and Bridezilla clones with some other random plants from seed are taking up too much space inside. It's super hot (avg 104+ for the next few weeks) but we had to do something. We wanna put up some drywall in the garage to make rooms but time and funds are lacking at the moment.

View attachment 15181
Put up the two 5x10 tents from the previous grow. Portable AC on standby. More lights to come; a second T5, some cheap blurples, and 3x 600w HPS. We plan to move the lights from the 5x5 inside to the tents once we scrounge some $ for some QBs and/or cobs & strips to replace them. Gearing up early for this fall.

View attachment 15184
A lone oldskool Sun System T5 for the solo cup comp. They're going to flip late, we're so behind schedule. These plants are more of an experiment than anything at this point. It's been fun rigging up designs and whatnot but the "for real" plants are of course the priority and have been taking up a lot more time and resources. Probably going to cull the dying one in the bottom right corner, it's not taking anything up and has been a pretty shitty plant all along.

More updates to come once the other plants join the fun. Mostly coco, some soil. Need to find a coco DTW auto drip feed DIY. Would love to hear ideas and see some designs, if anyone can point me in the right direction. Figure 10-14 plants in 5-7 gal pots and/or maybe a Hydrored DIY F&D. The other tent is reserved for some upcoming stuff for fall/winter ;)
That is awesome having two of those big ass tents. It has been brutal hot on the east coast! Are you using the ac in the garage now? I am so glad i don't have to run my lights at night . I would miss not watching my girls develop.

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
Chat with capt C, he runs coco.
That's awesome btw with the garage addition.
Didn't know the solo cup got its own huge tent. Lol. You gonna scrog it out and fill the tent? Lmfao
Thanks for the lead! Will def chat with the Cap'n. Limiting hand watering is key here, it's too much for my gf and I'm starting to feel it too. Could end up going F&D too.
Lmao on the whole tent scrog. The cups will have company soon. That is, if they're not keeled over from the heat when I get home.

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
That is awesome having two of those big ass tents. It has been brutal hot on the east coast! Are you using the ac in the garage now? I am so glad i don't have to run my lights at night . I would miss not watching my girls develop.
Not yet. Trying to avoid that if possible but it will probably be a necessity. Electric bill is outrageous as it is ๐Ÿ˜ซ but you do what you gotta do when you love (and smoke) weed that much lol. Eventually we'll make it all into separate rooms which will definitely help with controlling the climate. Master builder and super genius Jesse has been tossing some badass ideas at me. All comes down to time and money. We'll get there but this is going to do for now.

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
So this is what we ended up getting

"Divorce Cake" - their menu stated "Wedding Cake x Purple Punch" but looking around we also saw mentions of "Wedding Cake x The White" so who knows. Very earthy with hints of fruit.

"Dosi-Punch" - "Dosi-Dos x Purple Punch" - frostier than the first one. More candy smelling with the familiar cookie taste that I can't describe.

Texagonian

Outlaw
ECSD #1 decided to have a branch break at the top by itself. Tried to repair it but it just wouldn't take.

View attachment 15592

View attachment 15593
Mid week 6

If anyone knows of a quick dry method without making it harsh let me know ๐Ÿ˜„
Hang the whole damn thing just like it is somewhere dark. If itโ€™s not too big put it in a brown bag and thatโ€™ll help it not dry too fast. I dry trim now and use a brown paper bag to start the cure before jarring. Been the best thing I ever did. Wet trimming is ass IMO. Maybe just the biggest fans could come off but thatโ€™s all Iโ€™d touch right off the bat. Yโ€™all get the ppm drift under control? Those plants were looking primo bro, hope theyโ€™re recovering well ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿป

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
Hang the whole damn thing just like it is somewhere dark. If itโ€™s not too big put it in a brown bag and thatโ€™ll help it not dry too fast. I dry trim now and use a brown paper bag to start the cure before jarring. Been the best thing I ever did. Wet trimming is ass IMO. Maybe just the biggest fans could come off but thatโ€™s all Iโ€™d touch right off the bat. Yโ€™all get the ppm drift under control? Those plants were looking primo bro, hope theyโ€™re recovering well ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿป
Thanks man! Hope so too. No haven't yet. Flushing again and trying even lower ppm, maybe 300 or so. Yea it's hanging. Just being impatient lol. I don't like wet trimming either. Just always worried about the grassy smell sticking around.

Last edited:

Texagonian

Outlaw
I donโ€™t like giving up the goo to gloves and snippers. Drying and curing has always been an extremely stressful time for me because all the hard ass work you did to have those ladies lookin so fine... dry them wrong, fucked! Put them in jars too early, end up with some hay! Been experimenting with different ways, I like the dry trim personally. Cure for me is brown paper bag. Sorry bout the ramble. Did the issues with ppm get outta whack after switching to mc? Yโ€™all were just doing gh3 part with some Bennie tea and calmag before right? Weird stuff! I did a gh3 to mc change mid way but was using a water farm drip ring with an air stone in the res like dwc. Had no issues at all except water temp. Rdwc is a whole other beast and I know it rocks when dialed. I built the same thing you have but havenโ€™t used it yet and not going to yet either. Gonna rock that f&d gig. Gets them up off the floor for my back๐Ÿ˜‚.

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
I donโ€™t like giving up the goo to gloves and snippers. Drying and curing has always been an extremely stressful time for me because all the hard ass work you did to have those ladies lookin so fine... dry them wrong, fucked! Put them in jars too early, end up with some hay! Been experimenting with different ways, I like the dry trim personally. Cure for me is brown paper bag. Sorry bout the ramble. Did the issues with ppm get outta whack after switching to mc? Yโ€™all were just doing gh3 part with some Bennie tea and calmag before right? Weird stuff! I did a gh3 to mc change mid way but was using a water farm drip ring with an air stone in the res like dwc. Had no issues at all except water temp. Rdwc is a whole other beast and I know it rocks when dialed. I built the same thing you have but havenโ€™t used it yet and not going to yet either. Gonna rock that f&d gig. Gets them up off the floor for my back๐Ÿ˜‚.
Yea the problems started happening right around the switch to MC but it could totally be coincidence. I had used a bit of their bud explosion too but thought about what @SoLowDoughLow suggested about bloom booster being added too early. We were about 2 weeks after flip at that point. Cut the booster out and still the same thing. I wanna really try that f&d too for the same reason. The back killing is no joke especially if we plan on upping the herd. Individually hand watering a few plants, no biggie. A dozen plus, and we gotta start taking breaks. Ain't as young as we used to be lol. After reading about the f&d and some of the feedback, just looking for the perfect fit pieces without breaking the wallet so multiple totes can be built. Sounds like the original pieces from lowes that red posted aren't in store any more and parts can be found online but a bit more expensive.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
ECSD #1 decided to have a branch break at the top by itself. Tried to repair it but it just wouldn't take.

View attachment 15592

View attachment 15593
Mid week 6

If anyone knows of a quick dry method without making it harsh let me know ๐Ÿ˜„
When i was super cropping last week i completely broke a branch off the gg4. I taped it together not expecting much but damn it is going to make it. They sure can be hardy at times. I would put that branch in a small Tupperware dish with a hygrometer. Use your lid to throttle the humidity to the desired level.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Yea the problems started happening right around the switch to MC but it could totally be coincidence. I had used a bit of their bud explosion too but thought about what @SoLowDoughLow suggested about bloom booster being added too early. We were about 2 weeks after flip at that point. Cut the booster out and still the same thing. I wanna really try that f&d too for the same reason. The back killing is no joke especially if we plan on upping the herd. Individually hand watering a few plants, no biggie. A dozen plus, and we gotta start taking breaks. Ain't as young as we used to be lol. After reading about the f&d and some of the feedback, just looking for the perfect fit pieces without breaking the wallet so multiple totes can be built. Sounds like the original pieces from lowes that red posted aren't in store any more and parts can be found online but a bit more expensive.
This morning I FINALLY got my ppm to drop again. 399 last night, and 394 this morning. Way lower than what i'm used to mid flower lol. The new ppm meter really threw me off too tho lol

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
When i was super cropping last week i completely broke a branch off the gg4. I taped it together not expecting much but damn it is going to make it. They sure can be hardy at times. I would put that branch in a small Tupperware dish with a hygrometer. Use your lid to throttle the humidity to the desired level.
I have several that are snapped but not broken off. Haven't had a crazy amputation reattachment yet lol. They're thicker than this one though, about a pencil width. Duct tape and done.
It's still pretty wet with the fan leaves draped over it. Paper towel or no?

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
This morning I FINALLY got my ppm to drop again. 399 last night, and 394 this morning. Way lower than what i'm used to mid flower lol. The new ppm meter really threw me off too tho lol
Hell yes man good job! Gonna drain the system rn and go in the 300s as well. Crazy how it was champing along in the 8-900s then stalled out.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I have several that are snapped but not broken off. Haven't had a crazy amputation reattachment yet lol. They're thicker than this one though, about a pencil width. Duct tape and done.
It's still pretty wet with the fan leaves draped over it. Paper towel or no?
Sorry i don't know what i was thinking . Hang first to dry some or put it in a brown bag till it is dry enough for the Tupperware.