The Not So Infamous Grow Journal: Eso Strains ONLY in DWC & Soil

So this morning I was giving the little ones some water. I have separated a few from the bunch. Still in same area but these are a few odd ball ones. All from drop 1. Going to give them at least a good week before I decide if they make it to the next stage. May also keep a funky one or two just to see what I end up with.

I have put the ones I feel are the keepers all in one tray. I basically removed 1 cup off each strain. Instead of 3 per I have moved down to 2 per strain. I did put 2 aside that I am going to grow along just to see how they turn out.

Dwc plants will be going into the bubble cloner for a week or so just to grow out a little better and to start feeding a little more as well.

.....so far, so good.

Got some calcium hogs on my hands....Starting to see a slight Calcium deficiency in a couple. I believe off hand it was the Twinkle Tarts and the Tropical Dunder. I'll confirm for sure what ones they were next time I go in the garden. To this point they are only getting water every 3rd day. Going to start adding 3ml per gallon this week to just the ones showing they need it.

No yellowing of the cotyledons as of yet. Normally just a sign that the plant is starting to need more nutrients then provided in the medium. Since I am using Fox Farms Oceans Forest soil, I know I can get a good 2 weeks before I start a 25% rec dosage of their trio of nutrients. This is also around the time I like to transplant into their final homes.

***Note*** After I transplant, I stop all feeds for the first week. The soil normally has more then enough to stop feeds for another week or 2. So in general, I usually get only 2-4 feeds in during veg depending how long I veg for. Less is ALWAYS more with Fox Farms.

107823678_863571324173252_3939177012504389457_n.jpg

New420Guy

When I use the method posted which is from New420Guy's themselves, which was from older packs they used to include that slip. Not anymore though...saving money maybe? Bad method maybe? I never used the paper towel like that...only if they sank I did. Normally 24-48 hours the seed would be opened while still floating. I would try to save them to see if they grow. Do you have rock wool or plugs?

Attachments

New420Guy

When I use the method posted which is from New420Guy's themselves, which was from older packs they used to include that slip. Not anymore though...saving money maybe? Bad method maybe? I never used the paper towel like that...only if they sank I did. Normally 24-48 hours the seed would be opened while still floating. I would try to save them to see if they grow. Do you have rock wool or plugs?
Actually to be honest, we stopped including them because people were getting confused. People were not going exactly by this method (which means LEAVING THE SEEDS FLOATING on the surface for at least 4 days) and some customers were getting upset because it wasn't working. We do still include it especially with any hard to pop seeds. Our old school Skunk #1 is like that because the seeds are very old. This method helps crack the hard shells. So, yes it's still a great way (the best way) to germinate your seeds!

Attachments

Small update. I gave all the seedlings a watering this morning. I added 2 ml per gallon of GH branded cal-mag to all of them. Twinkle Tarts and Bazooka Blast have shown a slight calcium deficiency. About a week from now, I will start transplanting into what I believe are .7 L plastic pots. Once I do this, they will then settle in for a little bit before I start modifications. So far...so good.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
@thenotsoesoteric Have you found that any strains do better or worse with certain modifications? I am deciding now how I want to modify by topping, main-lining and so on.
Just the black dog I used in the black grapes dumdum. She hated to be topped and would take forever to get going afterwards.

Other than that one all the rest seem to like a good topping.

Just the black dog I used in the black grapes dumdum. She hated to be topped and would take forever to get going afterwards.

Other than that one all the rest seem to like a good topping.
Sounds good. Thanks. I had to ask just to make sure as I am approaching that point very soon. I do have a couple that are really starting to shine though. Will update on what ones....

Actually to be honest, we stopped including them because people were getting confused. People were not going exactly by this method (which means LEAVING THE SEEDS FLOATING on the surface for at least 4 days) and some customers were getting upset because it wasn't working. We do still include it especially with any hard to pop seeds. Our old school Skunk #1 is like that because the seeds are very old. This method helps crack the hard shells. So, yes it's still a great way (the best way) to germinate your seeds!
Welcome to the community. I got a bunch of your stuff in my veg tent and flowering right now. I used to be terrible at germinating until the day I bought my first pack from you and got that slip. I have been legit damn near perfect using it. In this journal, I went from pack right to Rapid Rooters then into a propagator. Went 100% as well using that method....However, I had to remove numerous helmets and membranes. More then likely because you can't close the Rapid Rooter as you can a rockwool cube or soil where you would get friction when the seed breaks ground. I also felt I had the get the seeds " in the right direction " after they sprouted as well. Not my liking and will never do that again with Rapid Rooters. Will be going back to what I learned from that piece of paper because of how well it works for me.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I made this mistake recently (I’m the one who contacted you on Facebook a couple of weeks ago). It’s crazy how fast they popped out of their shells.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I'll be moving the seedlings over to these plastic pots this week coming up. Normally I go from Solo to final pot but changing it up this run. They are under 1 gallon. I believe 3L pots to be correct. Later in this grow, I am going to take a good 30-40 cuts of the keepers and run a 2x4 flood and drain with these pots with the clones.
View attachment 64483
Can't wait for this run !