The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The next drop will have more CLHP. I have smoke, and I have some designated play-flowers for sift and edibles and whatnot. Now I need stash smoke. And as this girl fades I remember why I like growing it ;) Autumn hashplant.
IMG_3929.JPG
Every fall color, even the slight purple on the burgundy colored leaves.
IMG_3926.JPG
The lowers on the Chemdog are what I'll judge harvest by. By the time they get yellow and crispy it should be done LOL
IMG_3937.JPG
The sole survivor Thunderhole is starting to fill in that stack.
IMG_3941.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have low humidity. In general 50% is my 'base' rH. Blow that around with a fan and it's 40% real quick. But I am not going to deal with the issues that go with running a humidifier. The low rH works for me in all but the first week or so. First thing is a big dome with lots of air.

After they pop I start opening vents but there's no air movement. Once they are cool with that I have a super-mini muffin fan from AC Infinity that cost about $15 tops. I think it was $12.99. It has 3 speeds and the max is a light breeze. I added it last night and closed all the vents since the dome is cracked open for the wire so the rH drops pretty quick. Cool that the babies can pray even though they don't understand religion yet 😜
IMG_3949.JPG
The humidity got down to room humidity so I topped off the gutters in the tray. It evaporates pretty quick but the gradual up-down is IMO good for them. This is gladiator school once they show me seed leaves. They each got a good squirt of alfalfa sprouted seed tea, and next watering they'll get soaked and it'll have kelp and Beauvaria in it. the4 Irie look rady to fly, and my Chembag has some chubby leaves.
IMG_3947.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I keep meaning to snip the wires on that fan and insert a plug of some sort so it can be run through the vent hole. Probably wouldn't be bad to have it permanent on one of the dome extenders but if I can have it easily removable that's better. I could do the dirty with a WAGO then get a more permanent solution later :unsure:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
From the bottom - 15 may be 14 soon. This Millionaire started as a triploid coty, then just went sideways. It looks like it it a dead end but I'l keep it and see if it grows out really hard to tell andit seems healthy. Already has trichs on the early leaves.
IMG_3989.JPG
The rest are all varying stages of awesome. Looks like a few shorties though.
IMG_3988.JPG
The CLHP got the axe and the GMO Cake graduated to the tall girl tent. This tent reeks.
IMG_3987.JPG
I stuffed the Deep Chunk in the corners, then said screw it and jammed it all in here. Closet is empty and ready for 1g's in veg.
IMG_3980.JPG
I have stands in the 4 corners so that works well for airflow.
IMG_3982.JPG
And here's my rig for a dust pre-filter for the exhaust fans. Shop-vac filters and a wire cage to keep them from collapsing. The elastic hooks right onto a 4" or 6" duct.
IMG_3984.JPG IMG_3985.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Your filter set up looks sound I like to change the pre filter every grow I rotate my pre filters one gets washed while the other gets in the game I go through 3 filters a year and get two pre filters with each so I haven't wore them out yet if I'd quit growing such nasty smelling weed I wouldn't need to change them so often it's legal here but I keep smell low as possible so some crack head doesn't get ideas about doing a rip off tired of hiding bodies lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Your filter set up looks sound I like to change the pre filter every grow I rotate my pre filters one gets washed while the other gets in the game I go through 3 filters a year and get two pre filters with each so I haven't wore them out yet if I'd quit growing such nasty smelling weed I wouldn't need to change them so often it's legal here but I keep smell low as possible so some crack head doesn't get ideas about doing a rip off tired of hiding bodies lol
I don't have them for the smell. Those are just to keep dust from screwing up the exhaust as bad.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It is amazing how much dust gets collected on them...
I like the blue color because i can tell at a glance how bad they are. I have a stack of them I keep washed and can do a change-out in no time. I don't think it restricts airflow nearly as bad as a carbon filter, or even those thick fiber/cloth prefilters that come with them. I figure if they can handle the shopvac suction a lower CFM exhaust should be fine.

Here's a pro-tip. Fans are expendable. Protect them, clean them, maintain them - but have a spare because those motherfuckers die DEAD when they go.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's light rack one. Three sets of two 3' LED T5's Some random flowers starting on the bottom. This was a "Hey, that rack fits behind the door and there's a plug" project ;)
IMG_3990.JPG
Cabbage and various "highly nutritious" oriental greens I can't pronounce. Two morning glory seeds I collected local sprouted so far out of some things I am germ-testing from last fall. "Side lot, purple" strain LOL.
IMG_3991.JPG
And this is in progress. More lights than shelves but I am deciding between adding a light or removing a shelf and spreading them out. Keeping this in the closet for stuff that likes the warmth, I have a heat mat that can be on a dedicated shelf for starting some things. But that can take a low-rise dome and no space.
IMG_3992.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That second light rack has six 2-footers. All this was for getting the veggie garden starts going. But I'm a stoner and we think about stuff.

I enjoy growing plants and I have room. Besides the closet rack I have the clone tent with the 100w light, and the just emptied closet with the 250w light all vacant right now. And there's spare room on the lit "cabbage"-rack, and I still have the dining room lit with peppers and aloe and such.

Sooooo looking at how I enjoy growing everything I am rethinking the mom thing. Even if I don't flower them later keeping them and re-cloning to keep everything small is not a big chore as long as I don't hesitate to cull what ain't top shelf.

I want to keep one shelf going with lettuce on a rotation and stuff like that, and herbs. I have two. I have the 3x3 tent I got for clones that has been empty for months. Starting with this batch of seedlings I'll be taking flower clones from the girls that have limbs that are clone-worthy. I am not bothering with cloning the tops in veg unless it's a fem. The time it takes to re-veg is just more time you don't have to fuck with them.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
shovel quitely

SEBUD

Super Active Member
Here's light rack one. Three sets of two 3' LED T5's Some random flowers starting on the bottom. This was a "Hey, that rack fits behind the door and there's a plug" project ;)
View attachment 125348
Cabbage and various "highly nutritious" oriental greens I can't pronounce. Two morning glory seeds I collected local sprouted so far out of some things I am germ-testing from last fall. "Side lot, purple" strain LOL.
View attachment 125349
And this is in progress. More lights than shelves but I am deciding between adding a light or removing a shelf and spreading them out. Keeping this in the closet for stuff that likes the warmth, I have a heat mat that can be on a dedicated shelf for starting some things. But that can take a low-rise dome and no space.
View attachment 125350
Really like the setup 🌱 🔥 ✌

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I like the blue color because i can tell at a glance how bad they are. I have a stack of them I keep washed and can do a change-out in no time. I don't think it restricts airflow nearly as bad as a carbon filter, or even those thick fiber/cloth prefilters that come with them. I figure if they can handle the shopvac suction a lower CFM exhaust should be fine.

Here's a pro-tip. Fans are expendable. Protect them, clean them, maintain them - but have a spare because those motherfuckers die DEAD when they go.
never thought about it

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And it's on wheels
My house is a man cave. As I need stuff I get stainless. One rack had kitchen stuff on it and another was just storage for grow stuff. Been rearranging the house to make use of space instead of having it there to store stuff I'll never use.

So cleaning out the life in general and starting some new habits. If I need another shelf for the kitchen stuff I can get one. You know how much crap accumulates that you might need sometime? "Used but good" is how some label it. Kitchen appliances are the worst.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Aside from liking my fresh produce and thinking I can do better indoors with a little effort, I also realized that I needed to either start breeding stuff I liked to make more, or keeping moms. I have too many beans to think about what to open pollenate.

So a mom hunt seems a fun project if I am only doing the flower clones. For some shorter flowering strains I can have the smoke dry and be smiking on the larf from bucking it before ever needing to get the clone past the solo cup stage.

They take a while to root and revert back to veg, then when they put out shoots it's several more weeks before you can even take a decent clone. I can have many culled for being unimpressive smoke before ever having to take that first veg clone.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looking at the seedlings everything falls into that category of keeping a clone from any girls.

But looking at the seeds I have in the bank I see me running more of the things that are keepers and cleaning house. If plant A was top shelf, is anything else in the pack better? I think for me the showstopper was the CLHP. If I ever see the germ rate start dropping I'll start keeping clones but I have enough to drop one or two each grow and not run out before they start losing viability.

For anyone to find a strain that is great meds in an S1 no matter what pops, it's a game changer. It's like having the perfect wife - who then lets you go out and have hundreds of girlfriends to see if any others are as good. And if you like any you can keep them too! ;)